Ever get bummed that your TV series ended?

Rome!

Rome was massively popular. Everyone involved (Actors, director, etc) were pumped and ready to go several seasons. HBO brass felt that despite its great success, the viewing audience wouldn’t continue to be interested in sword and shield period piece and it was a heavy budget, so they ended after two seasons.

Fast forward a little later and we get Game of Thrones and we are like 7 seasons in I think.

Don’t get me wrong, GoT is better, but arome was fantastic.

Only when I see Dark Matter with a New Episodes banner while scrolling Netflix.

Mostly for shows that were showing promise and that is mainly on Fox. Some shows went on way too long. Lost should never have been put on the air let alone have a second episode but any show they start, they should provide some type of ending.

These days I’m just happy if they actually end before every character gets Flanderized and the series run into the fucking ground.

I was legit pissed as a kid in the late 90s when Fox pulled the plug on Millennium. It was basically a cousin of X-Files but extremely dark, I thought it was actually the better series but I can understand why it might not have been as popular

Yea I try to give shows 2 seasons before I start them but I don't always follow through. Revolution as the most recent one that irritated me when it was canceled.

HBO's Rome and Deadwood. Both were stopped short to to budget cuts and other series coming out.

Deadwood was literally unfinished as a story and could have gone many more seasons. And Rome was just awesome but rumor had it it was too expensive.
Deadwood was the shit! Came here to post about it. Too bad it couldn't go on...Cock Suckas

Sarah Conor Chronicles ended on a major cliffhanger when it was canceled.
I had just gotten my co-worker into it a few weeks prior to the cancellation.
We were both pissed when they cancelled, along with countless others.

I did this with scrubs, freaks and geeks and Malcolm in the middle.

I netflixed them all before Netflix took them off but f&g.

Freaks and geeks is a damn shame it was cancelled in 1999 after one season. Just rewatched it and felt bummed it was over.

Maybe its cuz I'm not a big TV series guy but the ones I do watch, I miss when it's ended.

You?

All the time. Every show I have ever really liked.

Invasion had potential, but they screwed it up with slow pacing / lack of direction in the story / overfocus on the trivial aspects of the story
Dead zone was dragging along, but the apocalypse thing was really interesting... we never got closure whatsoever
Lie to me was good, sucked to lose it
I vaguely remember the event was getting somewhere

They almost cancelled farscape... but then after fan outcry they made peacekeeper wars and we could get closure

Died a little inside when breaking bad finished

Rome!

Rome was massively popular. Everyone involved (Actors, director, etc) were pumped and ready to go several seasons. HBO brass felt that despite its great success, the viewing audience wouldn’t continue to be interested in sword and shield period piece and it was a heavy budget, so they ended after two seasons.

Fast forward a little later and we get Game of Thrones and we are like 7 seasons in I think.

Don’t get me wrong, GoT is better, but arome was fantastic.

The budget was insane, and at the time it wasn't bringing in the viewers to justify it. There was also a lot of moving parts to it too, as I believe it was a joint effort with BBC and HBO.

The first season is one of the GOAT though. Second season was pretty good too, all things considered. They did cram like 5 seasons of material, into the last two thirds of that season, and it was still not as messy or directionless as a single episode of The Walking Dead.

Yea if the season I'm into ended, I feel really empty inside. But at least it ended and finished.

Some series get cancelled after 1 season are the worst. Alcatraz ended it's first season on a crazy cliff hanger and was cancelled. Those are the worst. I was super interested in it too and that cliff hanger makes me want to jump off a cliff.

Still waiting for Hearst to ride back into Deadwood...

The last 3 seasons of Sons of Anarchy were garbage. Just absolute garbage. I still felt sad when it was over though because for 7 years I associated Fall and Winter time with that guitar strum and "Riding through this woorrrlllld".

It's run was during my entire college years and first going out into the world so it's one of the things I think about when I get nostalgic for that time and I knew that when it was ending. I also knew that with the rise of netflix, hulu, amazon prime that this was probably the last show I'd watch on a traditional weekly basis

Not usually because a lot of them jump the shark anyway. But I would have liked a couple more seasons of Mad Men.

jericho and firefly had so much left to offer. so in a word, yes.

Back