Ever had to return an item to Amazon?

Lvnvmma

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I bought an item from Amazon and I have to return in. I've bought dozens of items from them, but never had to return an item until now.

The unboxed the item, but it wouldn't fit on the machine I bought it for. I looked for the original box and packaging, put everything the way it was, but I can't find the delivery paperwork. Do I need this? All the contents are there, but not the delivery ticket and the big box it came with. I ordered multiple items and they all came in a big box, which I destroyed while unboxing. I still have the item's original box packaging, though.

It's an expensive item, so I don't want to lose out on the money since I had to re-order the correct part I needed.

You should have everything you need in the email they sent you.

Like 4 times in the last few months. Just get a box, print off the 2 return papers at the "return item" section on Amazon when you go back to your item purchase, one is a slip that goes inside the box, the other is the actual return label. Drop it off at a UPS store and they will reimburse your Amazon account.

yep. last thing I ordered actually. bought a bluetooth headphones and they are pure garbage. worse quality I've ever witnessed and also only big enough for a 10 year olds head. Havent returned them yet but going to

They will email you a shipping label and directions, you shouldnt need the paperwork it came with as when you request an rma (return merchandise authorization), when it is approved it will generate its own paperwork and RMA#. Tape the label to the box, toss a copy of the rma in the box, and write the rma# in sharpie on the box as well.

Amazon is surprisingly fantastic at handling returns, my wife has sent back multiple items from several different vendors in the same box and all were credited properly.

I return shit to them all the time, when you go through the return stuff online you can reprint everything you need. And it can be any box, doesn’t have to be the original.

Call amazon you fool. They're not known for having the best customer service in history for nothing.

Did you just start using amazon last month?

No, but this is the first time I had to return something to Amazon.

I chose the pick up by UPS route. I printed the paper, put it in the box, sealed the box and UPS is gonna pick it up tomorrow.

If you bought is from Amazon themselves, it's extremely simple.
However, some sellers aren't so simple to deal with. Under Armour for example. You have to pay shipping on items returned to UA. I always look at the sellers return policy now after learning that one the hard way.

I’ve had to return a couple big ticket items including a TV. Amazon is awesome and even shipped the new TV before they picked up the return.

Yes, and it's incredibly easy.

Once when I ordered something supposedly designed by industry professionals so supposed to work good, but didn't work at all.

Inside Edition recently had a story about two assholes banned by Amazon for returning piddly shit really often.

Call amazon you fool. They're not known for having the best customer service in history for nothing.
They do a good job of sorting out problems when you contact them via online chat, and you then can have a written transcript of the back and forth.

Amazon is making so much $$$ they once just told me to keep an item that wasn’t working properly and gave me a refund regardless....

Amazon is making so much $$$ they once just told me to keep an item that wasn’t working properly and gave me a refund regardless....
Probably because it wasn't worth the cost for them to pay to ship it back and process it back into inventory.

I returned a 55 inch tv. And it was easy. They just came and pick it up and brought the label

Multiple times. I've even had them tell me to keep the item and sent a new one on some occasions.

Back