Ever sucked at your job?

Yeah man, horrendous company full of lies.

Was only there 2 months but got really down from it.
The reviews on indeed are atrocious. Apparently they leave the job advert up because staff turnover is so high.

A shitty job can really fuck up your home life. I hope your current job is much better for you.

was a landscape gardener for awhile,as far as I'm concerned everything is a weed,got in lots of trouble for digging out the flowers as well as the weeds. happened on every job.

Well when I first started working a summer job at the age of 16/17, I had the honour of selling hotdogs outside the Molson Amphitheatre on concert nights.

My buddy was my supervisor and he used to cook the inventory books so we used to make out with like $150 cash by the end of the night, it was fucking great. What SUCKED about that job was that our grill was one of the worst you could imagine, with a tiny ass flame. We had to boil the hotdogs/sausages before we threw them on the grill, it was that bad lol

We'd have lineups a mile long and after a rock concert you can imagine how drunk/irritated these people in line were. One time after a Motley Crue show there was one guy in particular who was berating me while I had the hotdogs boiling, it literally took 5-8 minutes to serve one person.

This guy looked like Roy Nelson, only he was fucking hammered. He would scream in my face over and over, "ROOOOOOOOOOKIEEEEEEEEEEEE", I could only laugh. I didn't want to be a "veteran" hot dog vendor by any means.

Still, that was a fucking fun job for 2 summers. We made a shitload of cash by selling hotdogs at $4 a piece x 12 per box. We'd sell 3 boxes for ourselves, and about 10 for the company. <seedat>

Lots of weed and booze for me those days. <GinJuice>

What'd you end up moving on to?

I got a job in field service. Fixing forklifts. Went back to my roots somewhat. I went to a vocational school and took auto tech. Never did anything in the field but loved fixing things. Kept on trading up jobs and fixing different equipment. It's a good feeling to go to a place and fix something that wasn't working when you got there. Instant gratification.

was a landscape gardener for awhile,as far as I'm concerned everything is a weed,got in lots of trouble for digging out the flowers as well as the weeds. happened on every job.

Weeds, weeds everywhere.

oh yeah, i have fucked up alot, but who doesnt

No other then being told to stop pussyfooting around while heading shrimp or not getting up for a drag my first job was a breeze but I really did suck at sewing/patching the nets which the rigman gave me shit for.

About 13 years ago I was supposed to look after an inflatable castle for a local supermarket-for-kids sort of business, they were running a promotion, so if you bought anything in the store you could get in for like 10 minutes or somesuch.

Well obviously I didn't give a shit I was just sitting outside reading books all day or chatting up girls and letting anyone through (without tracking time). Most parents were either confused or grateful and would occasionally slip me a bit of cash in some hilariously underhanded ways, like I was selling drugs or someshit... I was declining at first as a good samaritan I am, but eventually caved in. Trippled my supposed pay and found my next job (one of the dads was in the construction business and helped me to get in touch with the right people) by basically doing nothing.

10/10 would suck again.

Last edited:
My first day at General Motors I was supposed to put on timing chains. You have like 30 seconds to put each one on and then another comes down the assembly etc... I started and was like damn this is easy, about 4 hours in a foreman came by and slammed the stop button down and yelled "what the phuck are you doing?" Turned out I was just putting the chains on and not lining up the dots. I literally messed up hundreds of timing chains that day on the inline six 4.2L. After that day the job was cake though, easiest job I've ever had actually....

I know people who hated their job because they really sucked at it.

Back