Ever work in a fast food joint?

Seems like smoking weed by the dumpster is a universal theme. I've done that at many jobs.

never worked fast food, but i did work at k-mart for about a year during my junior year of high school. you can't believe the amount of fake checks people try to get past you lol. i'd say the cops showed up at least once a week to investigate people trying to pass fake checks, or straight-up trying to steal stuff. actually, i kind of take it back. i did work at the food court they had there, with the shitty hot dogs, popcorn, and nachos. it was a pretty good deal back then. it was like 50 cents for a hot dog, and 75 cents for a big ass thing of nachos. i used to go to the warehouse area upstairs and hide to avoid doing work lol. i'd act like i was looking for something for a customer, and chill out and listen to music lol. the place was fucking huge, so it was easy to hide if you wanted to.

Oh yeah, Subway, Del Taco, and a west coast pizza chain called Round Table Pizza.

Subway was OK, but it was in a gas station, so I worked alone most of the time, and it was tough to make the sandwiches, stock the line, and do prep for the next day all by myself. My boss was a piece of shit who wouldn't let me close the store until 10pm, but wouldn't pay me beyond 10pm either. Many nights I was stuck there until 11pm or later doing the prep for the next day and cleaning up.

Del Taco was an alright job, but I was the only gringo in the place, so I had to learn a reasonable amount of spanish in a hurry. I worked the grill and fryer area so I got burned up pretty good, tons of burn scars from dealing with the hot grease and the grill. Shitty job all around but the people were good and the managers were cool, so I stuck it out for a while.

Round Table Pizza was a good gig. I was a senior in high school and joining the Marine Corps after graduation, so I didn't have too many cares in the world outside of ensuring I passed my classes with a 2.0 GPA. I still chat with some of the people I knew working there and that was in 1999-2000. Good times, great place to work, but the dinner rush was always pretty hectic. This was the first job where I got a raise as well, went from the minimum which was $5.15 to something like $6.50 because I was the "closer" most evenings.

Oh yeah, Subway, Del Taco, and a west coast pizza chain called Round Table Pizza.

Subway was OK, but it was in a gas station, so I worked alone most of the time, and it was tough to make the sandwiches, stock the line, and do prep for the next day all by myself. My boss was a piece of shit who wouldn't let me close the store until 10pm, but wouldn't pay me beyond 10pm either. Many nights I was stuck there until 11pm or later doing the prep for the next day and cleaning up.

Del Taco was an alright job, but I was the only gringo in the place, so I had to learn a reasonable amount of spanish in a hurry. I worked the grill and fryer area so I got burned up pretty good, tons of burn scars from dealing with the hot grease and the grill. Shitty job all around but the people were good and the managers were cool, so I stuck it out for a while.

Round Table Pizza was a good gig. I was a senior in high school and joining the Marine Corps after graduation, so I didn't have too many cares in the world outside of ensuring I passed my classes with a 2.0 GPA. I still chat with some of the people I knew working there and that was in 1999-2000. Good times, great place to work, but the dinner rush was always pretty hectic. This was the first job where I got a raise as well, went from the minimum which was $5.15 to something like $6.50 because I was the "closer" most evenings.

i haven't gone to a round table in a while, but i remember their pizza being pretty decent. they used to load on the toppings.

i haven't gone to a round table in a while, but i remember their pizza being pretty decent. they used to load on the toppings.

It was certainly very good pizza, especially so for a chain. The dough was made fresh every day (dough-rolling is a bitch, but it's worth it) and all the toppings were of reasonable quality. Our manager was very much of the opinion that we "didn't serve crap" to the customers. Sauce was made fresh everyday as well.

my first job was at a little caesars pizza which i did for 2 years, not exactly fast food but when we did hot n ready 5 dollar days its was basically fast food with how much business we got.

I enjoyed it, i always laughed though at customers who would complain to us about taking their business elsewhere. I was always like why would i give a shit, i make minimum wage, this isnt commission and i dont own stock. I doubt our manager even really cares, we go through managers like we go through toppings around here, this is cheap ass little caesars.

Little Caesars gave you the best bang for the buck. Their pizza is actually pretty decent. @llperez22

I worked at Mc Donalds for a month. I did it to get a TV. After I got the money, I quit

I also worked at Burger King for a week.

Fuck kernal sand hers in his bucket.

Check this out. @Hyperglide

bf7b4f8609115c94b893f766fa4fc3ce.jpg

Last edited:
Worked as a delivery driver at Pizza Hut for a year. Poor management and bad coworkers made it an annoying job, but it wasn't the worst by any means. I work at a Roundtable Pizza place right now, we just opened this week but it's a hundred times better.

Love Pizza Hut in Japan. The variety is amazing. @Slick_36

japanese-pizza.jpg

Oh yeah.

Subway, Whataburger, Sonic, Jimmy John's

I managed a Sonic, it's not too bad once you're not the bottom of the barrel. I'm still in food service, my friends and i run a cajun food truck together. Cooking is cooking, wether it's fast food, catering, or a 5 star restaurant. I don't mind it, better than sitting at a cubicle all day imo. Worst part about fast food is you're working for some 21 year old idiot with a management title.

Last edited:
The right call center is an AWESOME job.

If you say so. I didn't mind it, the fast food job was worse for what it's worth. Call centers can suck the soul out of you though.

If you say so. I didn't mind it, the fast food job was worse for what it's worth. Call centers can suck the soul out of you though.

I say so.

I worked in a call center a very long time ago, was promoted several times until I managed several departments.

The product the center supported crashed and was mostly abandoned, and the call center was stuck in a terrible corner near heating vents, with no natural light. In time (cutting out a long complicated online gambling story here) the company ended up investing a ton of money into revitalizing the product, which included quadrupling the number of people in the call center. We rented an entire other floor, and people on the phones had all the desks at the windows all the way around the building.

Each desk had a little lamp. We were a 24-7 facility, and we didn't run the neons at night, because those are soul crushing. I used to pop by late some nights to see how everyone was doing, and remembering the hell corner they used to be in, it was awesome to see them at their own softly lit cubicles looking out sixteenth floor windows over Montreal. Our staff was super happy.

It's worth mentioning we didn't take inbound calls. We were email customer service and we made outbound calls when necessary, and I encouraged they do it often because it's so effective. Fun fact: When you ask a customer when he wants you to call him, and you call him at that time right down to the minute having already investigated his issue and providing solutions, your call is a hundred times as likely to be pleasant as one where he calls you and has to hold. You get more happy customers and a relaxed staff.

Last edited:
I say so.

I worked in a call center a very long time ago, was promoted several times until I managed several departments.

The product the center supported crashed and was mostly abandoned, and the call center was stuck in a terrible corner near heating vents, with no natural light. In time (cutting out a long complicated story here) the company ended up investing a ton of money into revitalizing the product, which included quadrupling the number of people in the call center. We rented an entire other floor, and people on the phones had all the desks at the windows all the way around the building.

Each desk had a little lamp. We were a 24-7 facility, and we didn't run the neons at night, because those are soul crushing. I used to pop by late some nights to see how everyone was doing, and remembering the hell corner they used to be in, it was awesome to see them at their own softly lit cubicles looking out sixteenth floor windows over Montreal. Our staff was super happy.

It's worth mentioning we didn't take inbound calls. We were email customer service and we made outbound calls when necessary, and I encouraged they do it often because it's so effective. Fun fact: When you ask a customer when he wants you to call him, and you call him at that time right down to the minute having already investigated his issue and providing solutions, your call is a hundred times as likely to be pleasant as one where he calls you and has to hold. You get more happy customers and a relaxed staff.

I used to work for Nielsen Media Research (like half my highschool did, almost literally). The first death threat I ever received in my life was from a guy who was very displeased with us calling him at home.

I didn't understand the hate. Yes, we were calling people at home, but we weren't trying to sell them anything. We were offering them the chance to help dictate tv ratings and get paid like a buck (actually literally) to do it.

Delivered pizzas. Was a pretty good gig.

One thing I found working as a pizza guy for a few years - fucking EVERYONE in the pizza industry smokes weed. Driver who trained me got me high my first day.

I asked him how to get to a certain area, and he was like "Oh you just go up here, turn here, turn here. You smoke herb ?"

I used to work for Nielsen Media Research (like half my highschool did, almost literally). The first death threat I ever received in my life was from a guy who was very displeased with us calling him at home.

I didn't understand the hate. Yes, we were calling people at home, but we weren't trying to sell them anything. We were offering them the chance to help dictate tv ratings and get paid like a buck (actually literally) to do it.

We didn't do surprise calls.

We were mostly emails, and if a situation was particularly complicated or sensitive, our next email would include a request to call.

This issue might be more easily resolved with a phone call, would you mind if we called you? If you'd like a call, when exactly would be best for you?

If they emailed back requesting a call, the ticket would be updated and a call scheduled in the system, which would be assigned an hour in advance.

Or, and this happened most of the time, the client would reply "fuck yes, now please" and we would call back immediately.

We didn't do surprise calls.

We were mostly emails, and if a situation was particularly complicated or sensitive, our next email would include a request to call.

This issue might be more easily resolved with a phone call, would you mind if we called you? If you'd like a call, when exactly would be best for you?

If they emailed back requesting a call, the ticket would be updated and a call scheduled in the system, which would be assigned an hour in advance.

Or, and this happened most of the time, the client would reply "fuck yes, now please" and we would call back immediately.

I do get it's a world of difference between a cold call and requested, but I still just don't get how someone could get triggered enough tell a highschool kid (me at the time) that he'd rip my head off (it was a lot of cursing involved, I don't remember the exact wording anymore) ... by being offered to affect tv ratings and get paid to do it.

Why wouldn't you just maintain an unlisted number if it gets you that mad lol

Back