Ever work in a fast food joint?

I do get it's a world of difference between a cold call and requested, but I still just don't get how someone could get triggered enough tell a highschool kid (me at the time) that he'd rip my head off (it was a lot of cursing involved, I don't remember the exact wording anymore) ... by being offered to affect tv ratings and get paid to do it.

Why wouldn't you just maintain an unlisted number if it gets you that mad lol

You could have just caught him at a very bad time, people are unpredictable.

I mean, a guy who says stuff like that at ANY time can't really be explained. Guys like that don't need a reason.

First job when I was 16 I worked at Burger King for a year and a half. It could be fast paced and stressful at times, but I worked with a lot of HS friends so that made it fun. I wouldn't do it again, but I don't look back on that time with complete contempt.

The best thing about your friends working in restaurants is the free food I got. @the muntjac

The best thing about your friends working in restaurants is the free food I got. @the muntjac

Especially the ones with shitty managers (or super cool managers lol), and they could get away with literally any amount of hook up.

One night back in HS, we had actually a couple/few buddies working at the same Taco Bell - we walked in one night, one of them handed us a blank sheet and a pen and said "Make a list, boys" and literally hooked up every single thing.

Although there were also the times like once I was in actually that same Taco Bell a different night, a buddy hooked me up with a drink while I waited for his manager to get off so he could hook up food. At one point he snuck out of the kitchen all stealth like and told me I had to bounce for a bit, the manager noticed me sitting there for a few minutes just nursing a drink and mentioned they had a bad vibe like I was gonna rob the place or something. lol

One thing I found working as a pizza guy for a few years - fucking EVERYONE in the pizza industry smokes weed. Driver who trained me got me high my first day.

I asked him how to get to a certain area, and he was like "Oh you just go up here, turn here, turn here. You smoke herb ?"
That was my experience as well. Lots of burnouts.

Oh yeah. I remember filling large soda cups with the chicken nuggets and sneaking it to friends through the drive-thru. Looking back, I probably shouldn't have stolen from the company like that, but I was a little punk back then.

I had a friend who worked at port-of-subs in high school. We'd go there after they closed and smoke weed in the back and make sandwiches. He still works there to this day 17 years later lol

Especially the ones with shitty managers (or super cool managers lol), and they could get away with literally any amount of hook up.

One night back in HS, we had actually a couple/few buddies working at the same Taco Bell - we walked in one night, one of them handed us a blank sheet and a pen and said "Make a list, boys" and literally hooked up every single thing.

Although there were also the times like once I was in actually that same Taco Bell a different night, a buddy hooked me up with a drink while I waited for his manager to get off so he could hook up food. At one point he snuck out of the kitchen all stealth like and told me I had to bounce for a bit, the manager noticed me sitting there for a few minutes just nursing a drink and mentioned they had a bad vibe like I was gonna rob the place or something. lol

I wasn't the manager so I couldn't do anything crazy like that. But all my friends knew my shift so I hooked them up with extra burgers and fries. @Count Zero

Jimmy John's, very enjoyable, great memories/friends/time in my life and at a Biggby Coffee (manager), also not terrible but a pretty trying time in life... Neither compare to real "fast food" i'd presume...

Yes. Worked at KFC for 2 years. At the time I hated it but looking back it was fun as hell. Lots of great times and memories. On my day off the place got robbed at gunpoint. Dude waited till the place was closing and followed an employee through the back door after throwing away garbage.

On a different day off, my best friend was working and served Biggie. As in Biggie Smalls. He came in there with his entourage and even had a toadie he slapped in the back of the head, just like in the movies hah.

I used to play practical jokes on employees and customers. One time I made an old lady, like 70 years old with a walker, piss all over her pants bwahaha. Oh man, horrible. I felt so bad. But it was funny as hell.

Pizza Hut/delivery.

Not exactly the same thing, but probably my favorite job ever.

I’ve worked at corporate restaurants which is pretty close. The free food certainly cut down on costs at home, but it was hard to make rent every month.

Once worked Little Caesars after high school for like two weeks. Pay was shit, customers were shit, the co-workers were just okay. Lot of high school freshmen and people with felonies.

I worked a convenience store overnight in a seedy side of town and it was far better than LC.

My LC manager was a convicted pedophile who served 15 years for sleeping with his step-daughter in another state. I heard he worked at another restaurant recently and hasn't registered as a sex offender. I sometimes feel like snitching on him.

Briefly worked in the kitchen of a burger joint. The omnipresent smell of grease and the grease fucking everywhere on the grill and all surfaces made me take a hard pass on burgers for a while.

Jimmy John's, very enjoyable, great memories/friends/time in my life and at a Biggby Coffee (manager), also not terrible but a pretty trying time in life... Neither compare to real "fast food" i'd presume...

All the kids I see working at jimmy jerns seem to be pretty chipper. They pay well for fast food?

have 2 friends that worked at burger king together. they're both shit at their grown up jobs now, probably should have stayed at BK.

I could never work a job where I have to clean toilets or wear hats

I went from a phone boy at dominos pizza to a general manager of My own store in about 6 months. I enjoyed the work. Long hours tho.

I've never worked in one, but I imagine it has its perks.

1780_10151794380569705_877496936_n.jpg
Lol what an asshole haha

Back