Ever work in a fast food joint?

I never worked at a fast food restaurant. My first job I had was working right out of college working for my local ISP Optimum Online doing tech support over the phone for customers. This was back in late 2003 early 2004. For 2 years I took phone call after phone call from people who should never be allowed to use a computer in their life.

I have worked fast food.
I would do it again if the opportunity for advancement to the corporate level was there.
Fast food sells itself, a pretty recession proof job.

Even better... I worked at a movie theater in high school. Free movies whenever I wanted. Screenings... saw movies a week before it came out. Free popcorn and soda.

Even had a few movie premiers there. It was a great high school job.

My cousin worked at a theater and said the same thing. Man, I messed up I guess. I worked ar Shopper's Drug Mart. It's a pharmacy chain in Canada. I stocked shelves. It was OK.

The only thing I knew when I was looking for my first job was that I didn't want to work in fast food.

You only lasted a month? Love their fries.

My friend worked for McDonalds for about one hour after training. Someone got a burger that didn't have a patty and he threw it at my friend. So my friend grabbed a different burger and threw it at the customer and hit him in the face. My friend stripped off his uniform and went home. He came back the next day and demanded to be paid. lmao

Briefly worked in the kitchen of a burger joint. The omnipresent smell of grease and the grease fucking everywhere on the grill and all surfaces made me take a hard pass on burgers for a while.

Nope but worked at the concessions stand at a theater. It wasn't hard but it was boring. 1 manager was a cunt

All the kids I see working at jimmy jerns seem to be pretty chipper. They pay well for fast food?
Nah, but it tends to be a hip environment. A lot of band members and like minded people, punks and hipsters. I was a delivery driver near the airport in grand rapids and we were super busy so I made bank, I'd work 4 hour shifts 5 days a week and take home over $100 cash everyday. I got a $190 tip once!

This was years ago. I see signs for McDonald and other fast food places saying "starting at $11 or 11.50"! I think I got paid $5.50 plus tips...

My friend worked for McDonalds for about one hour after training. Someone got a burger that didn't have a patty and he threw it at my friend. So my friend grabbed a different burger and threw it at the customer and hit him in the face. My friend stripped off his uniform and went home. He came back the next day and demanded to be paid. lmao

Don't blame him. McDonald's food is terrible too. @lifelessheap

Got hried as a shift manager at Wendys and never went in for my first day.

Worked at Jamba Juice for 2 weeks and I worked with cool people. My homie was my shift manager and the time went by fast. I do miss them white gummie bear smoothier wahtever the fucks

Got hried as a shift manager at Wendys and never went in for my first day.

Worked at Jamba Juice for 2 weeks and I worked with cool people. My homie was my shift manager and the time went by fast. I do miss them white gummie bear smoothier wahtever the fucks

When I was 15&16 in high school worked at the locally owned pizza joint. Was the shit, hang out with all buds at work(all hs kids) get stoned, eat pizza(best shit to this day). Was a good job for a high schooler as there really weren’t any lame ads rules and shitnwr had to follow

Wendys and A&W

Both sucked but i made more money than most my co workers.

Had good bosses. Picked my shifts. Hated smelling like grease.

I never did, but I enjoy reading your war stories. Do any of you still suffer from PTSD from your time in service?

When I was 15&16 in high school worked at the locally owned pizza joint. Was the shit, hang out with all buds at work(all hs kids) get stoned, eat pizza(best shit to this day). Was a good job for a high schooler as there really weren’t any lame ads rules and shitnwr had to follow

A McDonald's for about a year, when I was 17. It sucked. Some highlights include watching a guy get his ass kicked, seeing a coworker spit in a guys Mcflurry, throwing a bag of fries at a lady, working with a teenage girl that had the hairiest face I've ever seen on a woman, trading food with the ms fields next door, making our own ridiculous sandwiches and giving food to our friends, flipping a guy off under the counter and his little kid saw and said daddy that guy gave you the finger, etc.

A McDonald's for about a year, when I was 17. It sucked. Some highlights include watching a guy get his ass kicked, seeing a coworker spit in a guys Mcflurry, throwing a bag of fries at a lady, working with a teenage girl that had the hairiest face I've ever seen on a woman, trading food with the ms fields next door, making our own ridiculous sandwiches and giving food to our friends, flipping a guy off under the counter and his little kid saw and said daddy that guy gave you the finger, etc.

Sounds great lmao

Back