Everlast gloves vs Reyes - for power punchers.

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Now this get's complicated. The classical Everlast model (which I own) is more padded but at the same time makes it possible to blast more without risk for injury. Reyes have less padding but also easier to generate power from.

Famous power puncher George Foreman was asked about his favourite brand.

If I had my choice of boxing gloves to use it would be “The Everlast brand!”

The others: 1 is good for the puncher ( They say ) then one is good for blocking more pad on the sleeve.

But “Everlast” serve well, if you “truly can punch.” If you land too many head shots Everlast are more humane, with needed cushion.

https://mmagearaddict.com/blog/top-pro-fighters-trainers-reveal-favorite-boxing-gloves/

What say you guys?

Last edited:
I have heard the Everlast was way back then making superb gloves that lasted a long time.

Imo the Powerlock is amazing, but some criticizes it's longevity.

I have heard the Everlast was way back then making superb gloves that lasted a long time.

Imo the Powerlock is amazing, but some criticizes it's longevity.

This thread is only about optimal power punching gloves for your own health, not longevity of the gloves.

About halfway into this video (it's in Spanish, need someone to translate), JMM talks about the differences between the Reyes fight gloves and Everlast MX fight gloves:

I remember having a discussion about this back then, and JMM basically said that they are very similar in knuckles, but Reyes has a tighter fit (which can be bad if it cuts off circulation) and MX a looser fit.

But based on my experiences with both fight gloves; it's easier to feel the knuckles through the MX than the Reyes, and I feel a bit more impact to my hands in the MX. Both very comfortable gloves, with the Reyes being a bit tighter.

Why did Canelo stop using Everlast?
His fights I've seen against GGG, Mayweather etc was another brand.

Why did Canelo stop using Everlast?
His fights I've seen against GGG, Mayweather etc was another brand.

Not exactly sure; but he was still sponsored/contracted by Grant during the Mayweather fight.

He has used Everlast (Powerlock and MX) exclusively since then, until his last fight with GGG in which he wore Winning... which I hear is due to having injured his hand(s) in training for that fight.

Deontay wilder is a wild swinging puncher who uses everlast

Not exactly sure; but he was still sponsored/contracted by Grant during the Mayweather fight.

He has used Everlast (Powerlock and MX) exclusively since then, until his last fight with GGG in which he wore Winning... which I hear is due to having injured his hand(s) in training for that fight.

Do you know anything about the 1910 Everlast model?

https://www.everlast.com/1910-pro-fight-gloves

Do you know anything about the 1910 Everlast model?

https://www.everlast.com/1910-pro-fight-gloves

Not really, they seem to be a rename of the Everlast pro fight gloves that were standard in the 90's to early 2000's, and I think that was the only available pro fight glove from Everlast at the time.

I'm referring to these, but I could be wrong:

Everla72.jpg

Those were really good, even the training model that was called "Professional Leather Training Gloves".

everlast-professional_hook_and_loop_training_gloves_p1_.jpg

Not really, they seem to be a rename of the Everlast pro fight gloves that were standard in the 90's to early 2000's, and I think that was the only available pro fight glove from Everlast at the time.

I'm referring to these, but I could be wrong:

Everla72.jpg

Those were really good, even the training model that was called "Professional Leather Training Gloves".

everlast-professional_hook_and_loop_training_gloves_p1_.jpg

There seems to be cheaper variants of the 1910 models that look like garbage. So better check carefully the prices.

_20180514_231624.JPG

Here's my Everlasts in action. These are akin to the (legit) 1910 classical model. Love them. Fantastic knuckle protection.

The only drawback with Everlasts, even 70 dollars + like this one, is that the stitching tends to be sloppy. But this is easily fixed by a professional.

Here's my Everlasts in action. These are akin to the (legit) 1910 classical model. Love them. Fantastic knuckle protection.

The only drawback with Everlasts, even 70 dollars + like this one, is that the stitching tends to be sloppy. But this is easily fixed by a professional.

Damn nice video.

Got me thinking:

Man... The 10 Oz versions I just got home were stiff as fuck.. My long fingers are struggling. Do they stretch?

Last edited:
Back