Everlast Powerlock 14oz Training glove review

Yep, same here. It's a bit ridiculous that you'd have to be super delicate with training gloves, but I do kind of wish I saved them just for sparring (though, I also now wish I didn't buy them!).

Even with the neverlast reputation, I hoped they'd put in a foam support that could last even a year.

I've been playing around with using a knuckle guard (NG2) in them after the foam split, but the hand compartment is a bit tight. Also unfortunately, a knuckle guard with the already soft padding (what's left of it) and the thin leather shell ends up taking away a lot of the pop on the bag.

Are you going to contact n'verlast or try to salvage the gloves somehow?

I doubt they would replace them I'll just leave it, someday if they get their quality control up I'll buy from them again I mean I'm still a fan of the gloves and lots of people seem to love the MX training gloves so I dont know

Hi guys,

I would like to give those gloves a try (or maybe the MX line) but as i'm french it's hard to find.
Do you have any European shop who can get those gloves?
Thanks

Thanks Hussi!

I'm looking for the mx and the powerlock TRAINING gloves and not the fight gloves... the website is selling fight gloves only, but thanks anyway ;)

Just got mine for a little over 100 out the door...velcro hook and loops after I was able to try them at my gym. I recommend these gloves to anyone looking for a well made..middle/upper tier glove. On sale they are not to bad price wise..best time to pick them up!

I still want to try these. Everest is having a 25% off sale right now....but it still brings the price to a little more than I want to spend.

I still want to try these. Everest is having a 25% off sale right now....but it still brings the price to a little more than I want to spend.

I almost bought a pair myself, but I just went with the reflex bag.

I really like the look of those gloves (powerlock). I am thinking of getting a custom pair from Topboxer with that color combo. That way I get the look without the crapiness of Everlast ;)

Bet you haven't owned a pair of everlasts that cost more than 30 bucks :). I like the power locks I tried better than top boxer. Not as much as cleto or grant..but about the same.

I myself have the Everlast C3 lace ups, so I know they can make a quality product. Most people have only tried the big box store garbage and that's their impression of the company. Once I see the Powerlocks at a flat 100, better believe I'm jumping on them...lol.

Bet you haven't owned a pair of everlasts that cost more than 30 bucks :). I like the power locks I tried better than top boxer. Not as much as cleto or grant..but about the same.

Never owned a pair of Everlast, but seen a lot of bad QC and gloves that broke before their time. Tried the leather Protex 2 and really liked the fit and feel. From a few reviews, the Powerlocks dont seem to last as long as they should. But like any gloves, it could have been a bad batch....but it happens a lot with Everlast.

Everlast is having a limited time sale on the site. Powerlocks now 99 bucks!!!!

Never owned a pair of Everlast, but seen a lot of bad QC and gloves that broke before their time. Tried the leather Protex 2 and really liked the fit and feel. From a few reviews, the Powerlocks dont seem to last as long as they should. But like any gloves, it could have been a bad batch....but it happens a lot with Everlast.

I own a pair, and I try to keep people away. Money is just better off spent elsewhere. Ring to Cage, Ringside, UMA, Title, Rival etc...

Even with the sale of them only being $100, you can get much better gloves from a different company. Unless you are indeed paying for the Everlast name. Which pretty much is associated with garbage these days anyhow.

I just posted a review of CUSTOM Uma gloves that are exactly the same price... why pay the exact same price for Everlast Powerlocks?

C17s are the SAME price as well! And they are the go to glove for many, many people on the forums here.

Heck, Id rather see people put away $100 in their piggy banks for Winnings if thats what you want to do vs wasting money on the powerlocks as well.

Yes but see gloves are like razor blades. Your mileage may vary depending on what you want in a glove. I own cleto. Grant, winning, Top Boxer, Classics..Campeon, and other gloves. For me..I love my powerlocks. I am a boxer...and I love the compact nature of these gloves. Mine are built very well. For 100 bucks..they were worth it. See I am not a big fan of ring to cage..because the thumb/palm for me gets smashed no matter what size I get. My little short wide hands prefer traditional western/mexican style gloves. Everyones different. Sure their are better options in your opinions..but for me I love my gloves :).

Okie, are you using the fight gloves or the trainers? Cuz mine are not compact at all, I am using the trainers.

I have very wide hands. They are compact for me.It sucks having big old gorilla knuckles when it comes to glove fit as well. Like I said I can't wear ring to cage, and I loved the feel of the c-17's. Yes I have the trainers. When compared to my newest purchases of Booster and Lemarr training gloves my powerlocks look like fight gloves. I can not use some wrap around glove systems either as well because I have big forearms. Tri Tech gloves from fighting sports..a definite no go for me. I will say I also love Everlast protex3 hook and loop gloves..the 159 dollar ones. Not a big fan of any other gloves though. Though as I stated..what fits me well may not fit everyone or meet their standards for what a great glove is. Although..I usually do check your reviews before I buy something outside the typical western style main three brands anymore. Lately been trying to expand my tastes..and although we don't agree on this..I am enjoying moving beyond my western boxing glove snob fest. Booster was the catalyst for me..plan on giving the UMA's a shot next.

Everlast stepped up their game with the powerlock gloves. I've had mine for a month so far and it's a pretty solid glove for sparring. Very firm but at the same time it has good protection.

I'd recommend the powerlocks, a lot of people shoot them down because of their low-end market products. You have to remember that you get what you pay for.

Back