Everlast stepping up their quality lately?

deh707

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I just got my pair of 12oz velcro Powerlocks, and it came with this Quality Control Pass sticker on the plastic bag:

gHSG0B5.jpg

zUZXmkr.jpg

This is the first time an Everlast glove included this QC Pass sticker, as I've had Powerlocks/Elites/MX trainers in the past.

As for the gloves, they seem to be very well made, no loose stitches which my previous Powerlock 16oz had.

And each glove weighs exactly 11.85oz.

Impressed, and probably worth the $60 I got them for via 40% discount.

Powerlock gloves have been their best glove for a while now. I'm considering getting some to try out as well at some point.

I actually think Everlast gets a bad rap on here a lot of times. Granted, a lot of their cheaper, low-end gloves are pretty crappy. But I have always been impressed with the PowerLock and MX line of gloves. Some of their other higher-end gloves may be high quality as well but I just don’t have any personal experience with them. But for the price, I feel like the Powerlock training gloves are hard to beat...they just had a 40% discount the other day where you could get them for $60 plus shipping.

Is the only difference between the Powerlocks and Powerlocks Pros that the former are synthetic and the latter leather? Or is there a difference in padding, stitching, etc? I'm tempted to try a pair but I don't really want to lay out AUD150 for the Pros.

Really like my leather pwerlocks. They have got to be the most comfortable gloves right outta the box. Best feeling padding on knuckles when smoking in some full house shots. Would be my all time fave if the foam didn’t break down so fast! 3 short months has shown definitive compression with a bit of bump crumbs under the leather. Maybe that’s why they’re so comfortable …food for thought :)

Chris from Everlast here..
I lurk quite a bit here (very long time boxing and mma fan as well as industry vet) and don't comment much. But wanted to comment, and hopefully without coming across as shilling our stuff. I hate that.

But sincerely thank you. In the last 2-3 years we've completely revamped our design, manufacturing and QC processes. Additionally we hired one of the best glove designers in the world to lead our Industrial Design Team (Jocelyn Poulin). We take an incredible amount of pride in our work, and have now revamped almost every product family in our line..The most recent update being a new 1910 fight, sparring and training glove.

Happy to do an AMA or share new products and designs..etc. Also welcome anyone to visit our NYC headquarters anytime..

The Everlast Pro3 Gel gloves are good value in the UK from Sports Direct for 43GBP. They seem permanently on sale there for significantly less than their retail price on the Everlast UK or US store sites. It's very hard to get your hands on any other good Everlast gloves though over here without paying significantly more than you'd be paying in the US for the same gloves at retail price.

I lurk quite a bit here (very long time boxing and mma fan as well as industry vet) and don't comment much. But wanted to comment, and hopefully without coming across as shilling our stuff. I hate that.

But sincerely thank you. In the last 2-3 years we've completely revamped our design, manufacturing and QC processes. Additionally we hired one of the best glove designers in the world to lead our Industrial Design Team (Jocelyn Poulin). We take an incredible amount of pride in our work, and have now revamped almost every product family in our line..The most recent update being a new 1910 fight, sparring and training glove.

Happy to do an AMA or share new products and designs..etc. Also welcome anyone to visit our NYC headquarters anytime..
clearly you need to send your new updated 1910 gloves free to lots of Sherdog people to review, it's the only way Chris.

2driasl.jpg
@Minowafanatic

2wrot2b.jpg
Hi, Chris. I have almost all models of your current fight gloves. My favorite are still the MX fight gloves because of the wider fit than the Cleto Reyes. Also I feel like the the Protex 3 gloves are underated. I like them. Have 2 pair. I have all the colors available for the Elite Pro fight gloves. Those are great as well more slim like a Cleto Reyes glove. The new 1910 fight gloves are very well padded. ( foam padding) This glove reminds me of a thai fight glove. I wonder how many layers of padding you use for this glove, two ?? It's safe to use on the bags, imo.

The MX stuff you guys make is real good. I like the fight gloves and training gloves better than Cleto's, to be honest. Although Cleto's leather is still better, IMO. If you guys ever do a revamp I would recommend making the thumb a little longer and ergonomic. I would love to have a Mexican glove with a winning type thumb !!

5ze5cj.jpg

It's very hard to get your hands on any other good Everlast gloves though over here without paying significantly more than you'd be paying in the US for the same gloves at retail price.

clearly you need to send your new updated 1910 gloves free to lots of Sherdog people to review, it's the only way Chris.

Starting this year you'll be able to purchase our entire global assortment in the UK without any issues. Including the professional gear.

re; sending new gloves to be reviewed. I'd be happy to send a pair to someone here that people trust and has a history of solid reviews. If you guys can recommend someone I'll make it happen.

@Minowafanatic
I would love to have a Mexican glove with a winning type thumb !!

Thanks for the feedback and kind words. I'll forward to our designers. The ELITE fight gloves are handmade in the same factory as the MX gloves. Very happy with how it came out and many fighters are finding good success with it in the ring.

Starting this year you'll be able to purchase our entire global assortment in the UK without any issues. Including the professional gear.
WIll that be with the same pricing as the US stores, and similar sales occasionally?

We standardized a MSRP. Hopefully similar cadence of occasional sales but still working on all of that.
That's good news, I'd like to try the Everlast MX without paying an arm and a leg.

re; sending new gloves to be reviewed. I'd be happy to send a pair to someone here that people trust and has a history of solid reviews. If you guys can recommend someone I'll make it happen.

@makedansure
@Kick_@ss_Seabass
@hangulmalmotayo
@Woldog

^ all these guys are good options

You drop lots of knowledge in posts but don't write long reviews with pics and such. Plus, this way someone gets free stuff.

I just have a feeling you guys won't like the way I would do a review.

If you have specific questions about a product I am happy to answer them. I have gloves from almost every major brand.

PicsArt_01-07-08.38.11.jpg

This is not even all of it just what I have at my valley house.

I just have a feeling you guys won't like the way I would do a review.

If you have specific questions about a product I am happy to answer them. I have gloves from almost every major brand.

View attachment 491269

This is not even all of it just what I have at my valley house.
Awesome set of gloves there. I think I've seen you mention that you owned the fiber-filled Shevlin-esque TopBoxer gloves before, what are those like and how do they compare to Shevlin? How's the thumb and fit on the Everlast MX trainers you've got pictured there? I guess from what you were saying to Chris earlier, the thumb's a bit short?

Awesome set of gloves there. I think I've seen you mention that you owned the fiber-filled Shevlin-esque TopBoxer gloves before, what are those like and how do they compare to Shevlin? How's the thumb and fit on the Everlast MX trainers you've got pictured there? I guess from what you were saying to Chris earlier, the thumb's a bit short?

I'll answer the Everlast question :

The thumb is fine for me personally. But other people have complained. I just like the thumb style and placement of winning gloves.

IMO, thumb placement is one of the most critical elements of a glove. It's prob the most important part of making a fist. Also where your knuckles land is prob as important.

I will say that the MX trainers are narrow. I got a 16oz pair and I'm glad I did. They were pretty snug at first, but have broken in.

PicsArt_12-20-11.11.05.jpg
I took a comparison pic against a pair of 12oz Winning training gloves. The Everlast MX are 16oz. Even though the 12oz thumb is smaller, the glove is overall more comfortable.

Also notice how much more finger room there is. Look how much farther the finger compartment " rolls " over. All these elements are why Winning gloves are so comfortable. Still like the MX gloves though. Just pointing out some things for improvement.

Back