Every four years the World Cup reminds us of how small MMA really is

det_regnar_på_vår_kärlek

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Truth be told. Football is the only true global sport. There's just no other event that engages so many people from different countries regardless of age, gender, social class, ethnicity etc. I have a couple of friends who also follow MMA, but in my daily life there's pretty much nobody I know who follows the sport. But when there's the World Cup people start making plans to watch the games together, everybody starts talking about it and wants to watch Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar, Suarez etc.

Anyways, it's kind of funny that when the UFC sells a few millions PPVs everybody thinks it's a big deal, but there's this sporting event that has an audience of billions of people. All of a sudden the "big" names of the sport like Ronda, Conor, Colby, Brock Lesnar start to feel so small when you put things into perspective.

Anyways, let's enjoy the games (since the UFC is dying anyways)!

ESPN reminds me us everyday what a joke the UFC is ... they show more PBA bowling tournaments than they even talk about the UFC LOL...

Watching soccer every 4 years reminds me why I only watch it every 4 years

Every four years comes a sporting event that the USA doesn't really care about or it would win every time. Also, its anyway not anyways.

Its easily accessible to anyone, all you need is a ball to start playing. But it takes talent and hard work to truly be great. Its why its so popular.

Olympics consists of many different smaller sports, and I think thats as viewed as the WC.

Truth be told. Football is the only true global sport. There's just no other event that engages so many people from different countries regardless of age, gender, social class, ethnicity etc. I have a couple of friends who also follow MMA, but in my daily life there's pretty much nobody I know who follows the sport. But when there's the World Cup people start making plans to watch the games together, everybody starts talking about it and wants to watch Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar, Suarez etc.

Anyways, it's kind of funny that when the UFC sells a few millions PPVs everybody thinks it's a big deal, but there's this sporting event that has an audience of billions of people. All of a sudden the "big" names of the sport like Ronda, Conor, Colby, Brock Lesnar start to feel so small when you put things into perspective.

Anyways, let's enjoy the games (since the UFC is dying anyways)!

Wait theres a world cup on?

UFC will always be viewed as barbaric cage fighting.... regardless of the beauty of MMA....

Watching Portugal/Spain is as exciting as watching the best MMA fighters competing imo. But I dont think Ive ever felt the intense hype and emotion I experience watching say a Lawler/Rory 2 or watching Conor fighting Alvarez.

It's ok to like soccer and MMA. We don't have to compare them all the time. Or other pro sports. They aren't the same thing, and you're allowed to like more than one sport.

Also wtf happned to the old layout? Did this happen overnight? What the fuck

“The crazy thing about this sport is we haven’t even scratched the surface on how big this thing is going to be. I know people think I’m a (expletive) lunatic when I say this, but it’s going to be the biggest sport in the world. Bigger than the NFL, bigger than soccer, bigger than anything out there., bigger than anything out there. In this country, nothing can compete with the NFL. But the NFL can’t go into other countries. Nobody gives a (expletive) about the NFL in England, Germany or any of these other places, because they didn’t grow up playing it. They don’t understand the rules. I don’t care what country you come from, what color you are, or what language you speak, at the end of the day we’re all human beings and fighting is in our DNA." - Dana giving his thoughts on the future of the UFC at the UFC 95 conference call (2009)

- Amanda Nunes vs. Raquel Pennington headlining a UFC PPV in 2018

8CD55534-410C-4C38-81A2-7D1DB7503872.jpeg

Last edited:
Every four years comes a sporting event that the USA doesn't really care about or it would win every time. Also, its anyway not anyways.

lol

U.S. could care about soccer all they want and they'd still never win the World Cup

It's a truly astronomical event, over 3.5 billion people watch the World Cup worldwide, 45% of the entire worlds population. The final gets a billion views.

Soccer is more popular than fighting this isn’t news or threadworthy

lol

U.S. could care about soccer all they want and they'd still never win the World Cup

Lol, Im sure this first world country that produces the worlds best athletes would always come up short against Morocco.

It also remind us how fucking boring football is.

MMA or go fuck yourself<{JustBleed}>{<Mcgoat}:meow:

Back