Every four years the World Cup reminds us of how small MMA really is

Every four years comes a sporting event that the USA doesn't really care about or it would win every time. Also, its anyway not anyways.
You corrected him on ‘anyways’ and not ‘remembers?’

Having played soccer most my life, watching at the high level its usually boring as fuck until something great happens. I hate the diving...ffs get up you pussy.

TECHNICALLY, it is FEETBALL.

I'm pretty sure you play with both.

Its easily accessible to anyone, all you need is a ball to start playing. But it takes talent and hard work to truly be great. Its why its so popular.

Olympics consists of many different smaller sports, and I think thats as viewed as the WC.

World Cup is far ahead of the Olympics in terms of audience, at least that's what I read

“The crazy thing about this sport is we haven’t even scratched the surface on how big this thing is going to be. I know people think I’m a (expletive) lunatic when I say this, but it’s going to be the biggest sport in the world. Bigger than the NFL, bigger than soccer, bigger than anything out there., bigger than anything out there. In this country, nothing can compete with the NFL. But the NFL can’t go into other countries. Nobody gives a (expletive) about the NFL in England, Germany or any of these other places, because they didn’t grow up playing it. They don’t understand the rules. I don’t care what country you come from, what color you are, or what language you speak, at the end of the day we’re all human beings and fighting is in our DNA." - Dana giving thoughts on the future of the UFC at the UFC 95 conference call

*Amanda Nunes vs. Raquel Pennington headlining a UFC PPV in 2018

View attachment 394867

Is this quote real?

Lol, Im sure this first world country that produces the worlds best athletes would always come up short against Morocco.

Out of the CONCACAF, Honduras qualified for this edition of the World Cup but not the US. The US national team is as weak as it gets.

"Bigger than soccer" - dana white

ESPN reminds me us everyday what a joke the UFC is ... they show more PBA bowling tournaments than they even talk about the UFC LOL...
Ufc is a joke because it’s not more popular ?
Also is it even showing on ESPN yet? That could be why. Not to mention the fact that they only have a card about every other week so there’s no reason it should have constant coverage

Out of the CONCACAF, Honduras qualified for this edition of the World Cup but not the US. The US national team is as weak as it gets.

I know the US national team sucks. The US doesn't care about Soccer, if it did the US would dominate just like it does in international Basketball.
Soccer is a great sport it gives 3rd world countries all over the planet a chance to compete and win on a world stage.

I know the US national team sucks. The US doesn't care about Soccer, if it did the US would dominate just like it does in international Basketball.
Soccer is a great sport it gives 3rd world countries all over the planet a chance to compete and win on a world stage.

lol

Premier league and world cup level soccer isn't really a very good comparable analogy to "international basketball"

The US uses its best basketball players to beat amateurs from countries where most people don't even know what the he'll a basketball is....and sometimes they can't even do that

On top of that the NBA poached all of international players!

Soccer has many billion dollar plus teams and scout only the finest international talent

But you go ahead and keep thinking America is better at everything and talking out of your ass like you understand the breadth and scope of international soccers organizations and talent pools .....it's very American of you

Lol, Im sure this first world country that produces the worlds best athletes would always come up short against Morocco.

Do you think that beating Morocco makes you a World Cup winner?

How many times do you think Morocco has won the World Cup?

Premier league and world cup level soccer isn't really a very good comparable analogy to "international basketball"

The US uses its best basketball players to beat amateurs from countries where most people don't even know what the he'll a basketball is....and sometimes they can't even do that

On top of that the NBA poached all of international players!

Soccer has many billion dollar plus teams and scout only the finest international talent

But you go ahead and keep thinking America is better at everything and talking out of your ass like you understand the breadth and scope of international soccers organizations and talent pools .....it's very American of you

Pretty good argument but the "poached" international basketball players come to the US and play with the best and learn from the best, they then play for their home countries in the Olympics.

All I am saying is if the US had a community that valued Soccer like the NFL, NBA, or MLB it would dominate on the world stage. The amount of money available and the size of the athletic talent pool is just too much.

Also Im drunk and kinda been trolling.

Back