Every1 saying Conor looked off, u were all right. Anik & Florian allude sumthing shady had happened

I've personally heard some rumors about things that happened backstage before the fight. I didn't want to share at first but now it's getting reported by various news outlets. Here's a quote from Jon Anik....."But all of a sudden, it seemed like his colour was gone, his confidence didn’t seem there, the smile wasn’t there, there were maybe some rumblings about some things or some circumstances backstage".

He also tells Kenny Florian - " I know u picked Conor to win. But if u could've changed ur pick right before the fight based on visual clues and stuff maybe we were hearing going on in the back, ud have a different pick". To which Florian says, "yeah, definitely".

So I'll ask u sleuths, what exactly happened. Who were the ppl? I have a hard time believing Conor was shook just from things being a little 'chaotic" or because someone walked by his dressing room.

I've heard from someone at the arena that a couple unknown, yet official looking and seemingly unquestioned guys came in at one point and briefly talked to Conor. There was no yelling. No aggressive behavior. However, as soon as they left Conor, who was visibly upset, immediately went for his phone to contact someone.

I'm not saying it was the Russian Mafia telling him to take a dive.(like some people r claiming) It may have been someone saying...."the little one has a fever, call Dee." You would think that info could wait til after the fight, unless it was life or death, though.

Also, was Conor the only fighter to come down without a shirt on??? Not a big deal normally, but it could indicate he was in a rush or his mind was elsewhere.

Has anyone heard anything else reliable?

Edit - Here's a link to the Anik tweet n article. Working on a video of the podcast with a timestamp.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.givemesport.com/1401427-jon-aniks-tweet-about-backstage-issues-for-conor-mcgregor-at-ufc-229?amp

Edit 2 - Here's the podcast. He says what I quoted starting at 32:50.

Last edited:
Conor fans reaching again.

You're boy lost, deal with it.

you post a story like this with no links??? really!?! wasteland!

Only fighters and officials can enter the locker room.
He had beef with Irish mobs, so who knows if something at home happened.
Maybe Chechens too, he said lot of shit about them.

Never heard Anik say these words. Not saying he didn't, but it would be nice to have a link to the source if possible

Probably just a lot of celebrities coming in to meet Conor

Conor was probably informed by officials that Khabib turned down the "Alvarez offer" & this was going to be a real fight.
Panic set in, all the insiders scrambled & the rest is history.

Last edited:
I've personally heard some rumors about things that happened backstage before the fight. I didn't want to share at first but now it's getting reported by various news outlets. Here's a quote from Jon Anik....."But all of a sudden, it seemed like his colour was gone, his confidence didn’t seem there, the smile wasn’t there, there were maybe some rumblings about some things or some circumstances backstage".

He also tells Kenny Florian - " I know u picked Conor to win. But if u could've changed ur pick right before the fight based on visual clues and stuff maybe we were hearing going on in the back, ud have a different pick". To which Florian says, "yeah, definitely".

So I'll ask u sleuths, what exactly happened. Who were the ppl? I have a hard time believing Conor was shook just from things being a little 'chaotic" or because someone walked by his dressing room.

I've heard from someone at the arena that a couple unknown, yet official looking and seemingly unquestioned guys came in at one point and briefly talked to Conor. There was no yelling. No aggressive behavior. However, as soon as they left Conor, who was visibly upset, immediately went for his phone to contact someone.

I'm not saying it was the Russian Mafia telling him to take a dive.(like some people r claiming) It may have been someone saying...."the little one has a fever, call Dee." You would think that info could wait til after the fight, unless it was life or death, though.

Also, was Conor the only fighter to come down without a shirt on??? Not a big deal normally, but it could indicate he was in a rush or his mind was elsewhere.

Has anyone heard anything else reliable?
Shit got real. That's what happened.

He didn't have his life threatened before the fight. He had his life threatened during the fight.

I heard some weird stuff as well. Apparently the guy that typically wraps Conor’s hands was no where to be found, and instead some weird guy cane in that kept giving team Conor difficulty did it. People kept coming in and out of the room to talk to him for seemingly no reason while Conor was warming up

Last time he was in T Mobile Arena for a fight he got his head pounded silly by Floyd. He may have started having traumatic flashbacks making the walk.

you post a story like this with no links??? really!?! wasteland!

Sorry. That conversation was on the Anik and Florian podcast. He also tweeted about it. I don't have a Twitter. I thought these two things were fairly public knowledge but I'll try to find the tweet n video.

Back