Everything related to Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather goes here

Status
Not open for further replies.
As others have already said, Bradley has a better chance at winning than Cotto does.

Not to diminish PBF in his choice to fight Cotto, because Cotto has looked sharp, focused and hungry in his last several fights...

I still have PBF via 8 round TKO

Yeah.. check Pacs gate for his last bout.. Gates not relevant because Manny fights outside of Vegas.. an accurate comparison can not be made for those fights.. but in Vegas, Manny does Mayweatheresque numbers at the gates...

and comparing the ppv #'s from their last 2 fights will give you a more accurate representation of who currently outdraws who. Last weeks stock prices don't mean shit. What's todays market value? I think you'll find that they are about even in their last two fights. 50/50 is fair

I think you will find that you are incorrect, however we will all find that you wont care and keep on keeping haha.

The fact that you are going to disregard everything else is enough to see that theres no use in anyone trying to have a discussion with you.

Your gate number is ignorant because the last 2 times he fought outside of Las Vegas was when he was fighting in a football stadium with 40k+ and the gate numbers were still less than Floyds. BUt yeah, lets go ahead and ignore gate numbers when they should be in his favor haha.

Youre a joke kid.

Its funny how someone who fights less than once every 12 months can still put up better numbers than someone who fights twice a year.

People already mentioned that its no surprise M/M3 did more, as it should have. By all means forget every other fight though. *snicker*

Did you ignore everything else everyone said aside from that? Of course you did.

At this point, I want Cotto or Bradley to win both against May and Pac respectively and fight for the #1 p4p status.

People are stupid.... But pac did fight all the people that floyd fought already

IF Pac fights Bradley, thats the bigger challenge IMO.

I'll believe it when that fight is signed though.

Cotto/Mayweather is a good fight, but its basically Floyds only real option besides Pac.

I think Cotto May will be fun for about four or 5 rounds until May figures Cotto out and puts out boxes him.

Bradley is a huge risk for Pac and I am interested to see if he can frustrate Manny. On the flip side I am wondering how Bradley will adapt to Manny's angles and punching power.

I think you will find that you are incorrect, however we will all find that you wont care and keep on keeping haha.

The fact that you are going to disregard everything else is enough to see that theres no use in anyone trying to have a discussion with you.

Your gate number is ignorant because the last 2 times he fought outside of Las Vegas was when he was fighting in a football stadium with 40k+ and the gate numbers were still less than Floyds. BUt yeah, lets go ahead and ignore gate numbers when they should be in his favor haha.

Youre a joke kid.

Its funny how someone who fights less than once every 12 months can still put up better numbers than someone who fights twice a year.

God you're dumb..lol... Let's do some math mmmmkay.. 20,000 seats in Vegas, where people are willing to pay 100+ per cheap ticket vs. 40,000 seats in Dallas, where 40 is the price of the cheap seats. It's not how many seats you sell, it's what people are willing to pay.. and people are willing to pay more in a fight town with LEGAL gambling than they are in a place that never hosts big fights.

Next.. It's not "funny" at all how somebody that fights less can draw more when they actually do fight. It's simple supply and demand. Mayweather limits supply and, therefore, increases demand. Sugar Ray Leonard did the same thing.This is nothing new.

Lastly, I have not disregarded what you said. I addressed every point. It's your problem if you choose not to observe that fact.

Thanks for calling me kid a lot.. makes me feel young again.

Both fights will be good I believe.Pac is taking the bigger risk.No disrespect to Floyd.I just think he will have an easier time with Cotto than Pac will with Bradley.Cotto and Bradley are both capable of pulling off an upset though.

im hyped about this, since the pac an mayweather didn't go through :/

I'm not sure how big of an underdog Cotto is going into the May fight. Back in 2008-ish, people were saying May was ducking him. And if you look at the Pac fight, one of the reasons he lost was because he consistently got hurt by Pac which I'm not sure May is capable of. Mosely claims Pac is the harder puncher of the two, and May usually would rather just be defensive most of the time. But then again Cotto looked mediocre against Clottey and Foreman.

I never understood this whining about weight cutting for De La Hoya, Cotto, etc. They had the option to turn down the catch weight when offered (after all, it is negotiations), but they didn't because they figured "Easy money" and took beatings for their troubles instead.

Shut the hell up.

Floyd that greedy imbecile killed the fight when he demanded more than 50/50 split.
But in truth, Floyd has a reason to get more than the 50/50 split... Mayweather sells PPVs better than anyone else in Boxing... He also would trash talk enough to make it sell astronomical numbers compared to other events... Floyd should get more than 50/50 just based on that and then there is also the fact that he's coming off a better performance than Pacquiao was. Both sides killed the fight... Not JUST Floyd or JUST Pacquiao... It was both sides being unwilling to cooperative on the terms

I'm pretty interested to see this fight. I like Cotto. I'll be cheering for him, but i dont think he'll win. I'm thinking Floyd by UD

most important thing, floyd fighting cotto at a legit weight and none of this 150 - 147 bullsh&& manny keeps making guys agree to; its the best fight that can be made as far as competition, the biggest fight in terms of money and its cotto coming off of two very good wins...and floyd going up in weight for the title.

Disagree.. Cotto would have been a worthy challenger for Mayweather's return.. and he would have made more sense than fighting JMM who was jumping 2 divisions to face the best fighter in the world... At the time, analysts asked Mayweather if he planned to fight Cotto and May responded "who's Miguel Cotto?" This is where the "ducking" allegations come from.. because Cotto was amongst the top 3 welterweights at the time despite his loss to Margarito and JMM was not even in the top ten because nobody had ever seen him at that weight class.

Remember that Cotto was a Top Rank fighter at the time. Plus he was locked into a fight with stablemate Joshua Clottey in hopes of facing Pacquiao.

The only guy I think he could have faced (besides Pacquiao) in 2009 and made a bigger splash than JMM was Paul Williams.

I'm not sure how big of an underdog Cotto is going into the May fight. Back in 2008-ish, people were saying May was ducking him. And if you look at the Pac fight, one of the reasons he lost was because he consistently got hurt by Pac which I'm not sure May is capable of. Mosely claims Pac is the harder puncher of the two, and May usually would rather just be defensive most of the time. But then again Cotto looked mediocre against Clottey and Foreman.

Yes true but look at HOW Pac caught Cotto. He caught him and hurt him badly in exchanges.

I think Cotto might just get knocked out by floyd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back