Everything related to Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather goes here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't argue the top rank status.. but

JMM didn't result in a splash really. Mayweather did what was expected of him.. I don't think anybody thought JMM was going to present any sort of challenge simply because he is a smaller-slower counter puncher and counter puncher vs. counter puncher almost always goes to the faster one.

I think he had some more challenging options.. but, he was just coming back so w/e..

Remember that Cotto was a Top Rank fighter at the time. Plus he was locked into a fight with stablemate Joshua Clottey in hopes of facing Pacquiao.

The only guy I think he could have faced (besides Pacquiao) in 2009 and made a bigger splash than JMM was Paul Williams.

Paul Williams immediately lost to Quintana after his best win at welterweight.

I never understood this whining about weight cutting for De La Hoya, Cotto, etc. They had the option to turn down the catch weight when offered (after all, it is negotiations), but they didn't because they figured "Easy money" and took beatings for their troubles instead.

Exactly right...no one is "Forced" to do anything...these fighters agreed to the catch weight and were well compensated...

stupid ass haters of Pacquiao will cling to any ridiculous straws...

"leftovers..."

hahahaha.

You really give the dumb "fans" a symbol to look up to haha.

I brought up gate because you said Manny fights a lot outside Vegas, thats a BS point because the fights were at Cowboys stadium, Its not irrelevant just because it does not go with your agenda.

And no you did not address everything, you basically boiled everything down to "MANNYS LAST FIGHT WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT DREW MORE BUT IM GONNA IGNORE EVERY OTHER FIGHT BEFORE THAT BECAUSE IT WILL SHOW IM WRONG AND MAKE ME LOOK EVEN MORE DUMB THAN I ALREADY DO! BAWWWWWWWWW"

But going through your history I can see this type of ignorance is the norm with you and you never sit down and be quiet when you make an ass of yourself, so by all means carry on.

Its like arguing with my kindergartners except they sometimes have a good point haha. Pac Fans/Floyd Haters will never be wrong.

I never understood this whining about weight cutting for De La Hoya, Cotto, etc. They had the option to turn down the catch weight when offered (after all, it is negotiations), but they didn't because they figured "Easy money" and took beatings for their troubles instead.

Honestly though, would you turn down that much money?

Manny was the "man" in those fights.

You see what happens when he cant boss people around, him and his team tuck tail and do all they can to avoid a fight.

I'm not sure how big of an underdog Cotto is going into the May fight. Back in 2008-ish, people were saying May was ducking him. And if you look at the Pac fight, one of the reasons he lost was because he consistently got hurt by Pac which I'm not sure May is capable of. Mosely claims Pac is the harder puncher of the two, and May usually would rather just be defensive most of the time. But then again Cotto looked mediocre against Clottey and Foreman.

Mosley is a harder hitter than both and Mayweather took him with ease.

Pacquiao has the riskier fight.

You really give the dumb "fans" a symbol to look up to haha.

I brought up gate because you said Manny fights a lot outside Vegas, thats a BS point because the fights were at Cowboys stadium, Its not irrelevant just because it does not go with your agenda.

And no you did not address everything, you basically boiled everything down to "MANNYS LAST FIGHT WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT DREW MORE BUT IM GONNA IGNORE EVERY OTHER FIGHT BEFORE THAT BECAUSE IT WILL SHOW IM WRONG AND MAKE ME LOOK EVEN MORE DUMB THAN I ALREADY DO! BAWWWWWWWWW"

But going through your history I can see this type of ignorance is the norm with you and you never sit down and be quiet when you make an ass of yourself, so by all means carry on.

Its like arguing with my kindergartners except they sometimes have a good point haha. Pac Fans/Floyd Haters will never be wrong.
lol..You're actually obsessed enough to look through my history?..that's fucking hilarious.

No.. it's irrelevant because people are not willing to pay Vegas prices in Texas where they can't gamble...

So you teach kids how to color and shit? Good.. stay doing that.. economics is not for you.

But in truth, Floyd has a reason to get more than the 50/50 split... Mayweather sells PPVs better than anyone else in Boxing... He also would trash talk enough to make it sell astronomical numbers compared to other events... Floyd should get more than 50/50 just based on that and then there is also the fact that he's coming off a better performance than Pacquiao was. Both sides killed the fight... Not JUST Floyd or JUST Pacquiao... It was both sides being unwilling to cooperative on the terms

Hey, you take your logic and GTFO! It has no place here! :p jkjk

Prepare to be bombarded with tears about how Manny has been "outselling" Mayweather(even though it was one fight while ignoring the last 5).

Every other point you made is spot on.

You see what happens when he cant boss people around, him and his team tuck tail and do all they can to avoid a fight.

Yeah, you're wrong. De La Hoya was one of the biggest draws of all time and had most (if not all) the bargaining power at the time, yet he conceded on meeting at 147 despite the fact that he had the money influence to force Pacquiao to do his bidding (not the other way around). Cotto could have contently drawn big houses at MSG along with solid HBO ratings (and possibly PPVs as well depending on the opponent) without having taken on Pacquiao. They accepted the terms because they wanted the additional money (and at least for De La Hoya the prestige of beating one of the top P4P guys at the time who was coming up several weight classes to meet him at WW), plain and simple - there was no unconscionable behavior exhibited in either situation and to argue otherwise is inane, plain and simple.

Last edited:
UH OH! I guess its time to play "Lets Find the Logical Fallacy!"

Obsessed? No kiddo, ive seen you post and make an ass of yourself constantly here. Its every Mayweather or Pacquiao thread, its not hard to find you getting made when someone makes you look bad. But nice deflection when you had nothing to rebuttal with.

And its only irrelevant to you because it makes what you say wrong.

Where did I say I teach? I see you jump to conclusions based on your own emotional response.

Yeah, youre done here kid, youre resorting to ad hominem attacks because you cant refute anything. Next youll start bringing up everyones grammatical errors or start calling people gay!

Thanks for playing, try again another time.

Manny was the "man" when he fought DLH?

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMK might wanna check the split of that fight bro

Enough. I'll slap the shit out of both of you, I swear to god.

Pacquiao by a landslide.

Bradley is in his prime and an undefeated champion. He will be tough, should be a great fight. Manny will be tested. This is what he needs.

Damn you. You always steal my thoughts. :wink:

You know it's late and I'm not thinking straight. Who was that guy who knocked down Bradley in the first round? I mean I thought Bradley was done. Than Bradley got back up, dusted himself off, and proceeded to outbox the guy for the rest of the fight. I forgot his name but I believe he was from New Jersey.

Anyway, after I saw that, I was like...Bradley has to be in rediculous shape to take that kind of a knock down and recover so fast. That was the moment I knew Bradley was for real and anyone fighting him was in for a long ass night.

I agree with all of you who picked Bradley as the tougher challenger. I am also a huge Cotto fan. However, fighting a champion who has never lost and is in his prime---is tough. Champions who have never tasted defeat will fight as BJ Penn would say, "to the death."

-J

What am I supposed to say?... "Nuhuh"?..lol.. I'm not going to try to change your opinion of me.. you're an asshole that I give 0 fucks about.. no need.

and I "make and ass out of myself" Like you just did when you said Manny was the draw in his bout with DLH?..lol

Okay.. I will explain why I'm not wrong in a way that you might understand... Let's say you are in the mood for a handy from a girl that does a C+ Oprah impression... well you might be able to attain that service for 2 bucks and stick of juicy fruit in Dallas, but that same service in Vegas might run ya 500 bucks. Lets say you're in the mood for a big ass lobster.. In Dallas, that might run ya 60 bucks or more... in Maine, you can get it a lot cheaper. Say you want a shot of tequila. In Tijuana you might pay a dollar american for the potent shit with the worm.. in the states, you are going to pay 3-4 bucks a shot and it's watered down.

See where this is going? Where you are has an effect on the price you get whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

You wanna win so bad.. soooo funny

pac man, his shortcomings have been exposed and he is facing a guy who has the skills, experience ability and youth to take adv of them; in facing big strong guys manny hasn't had to deal with the speed timing workrate and boxing skill of a smaller guy and when he did we saw what happened.

so based on the fact that even in winning he has taken huge amounts of punishment and the fact he has his biggest trouble spots against guys his size with chins and boxing ability; then yeah he is taking the biggest risk.

cotto as sharp as he has looked in his last two, won by outboxing his opp and noone here or anywhere else thinks he has the abilityto outbox mayweather; i think he can give may a few tough rounds, maybe four or five. But floyd will come on in the mid rounds, start landing like he did w/ortiz and put cotto out inside the distance; when floyd decided to stand his ground and assert himself he is surgical with what he throws and lands... cotto won't standup to it

mayweather met oscar at his weight, fought hatton after hatton had a title at 147 (i think) and was coming off his best win (castillo)..he fought mosley after his best win and fought jmm after he had been dominating his weightclass, crushing everyone. Then beating ortiz after his best win...

pac fought mosley after a bad draw, oscar at 147, cotto after life and death with clottey and jmm when it looked like he had lost a step. Mayweather keeps getting guys on their terms coming off of career best wins...that is why pac catches heat, he doesn't do that.

mayweather met oscar at his weight, fought hatton after hatton had a title at 147 (i think) and was coming off his best win (castillo)..he fought mosley after his best win and fought jmm after he had been dominating his weightclass, crushing everyone. Then beating ortiz after his best win...

pac fought mosley after a bad draw, oscar at 147, cotto after life and death with clottey and jmm when it looked like he had lost a step. Mayweather keeps getting guys on their terms coming off of career best wins...that is why pac catches heat, he doesn't do that.

Hatton's only fight at 147 was vs. Callazo.. and most felt he deserved an L.. he immediately went back down to 140 after that fight.

Not that it matters.. just saying.

Also.. Mosley's best win was DLH.. Beating Margarito was merely his best win of his horrible millennium followed by a year and half off where he waited for a big fight instead of risking his status as a viable opponent by defending his title.

You can criticize any fighter.. you can nitpick if ya like and find a "reason" they won that discredits them..

Blah blah blah typical bullshit

Aww you called me an asshole, I feel terrible now. Then again I would rather be an asshole then some big crybaby that gets emotional when people make him look stupid like you kiddo. Youre free to think whatever you want about the May/Pac situation, just as long as you know the BS that you spew is immediately refuted and disregarded as drivel.

But as I said already, you are only using what you want to fit your argument in regards to numbers. Youre picking and choosing certain numbers, and thats fine, its just no one is taking you seriously.

I want to win? While irrelevant, you yourself lost when you when on a logical fallacy trip.

When you resort to ad hominems and the like when you cant refute anything you are throwing up the proverbial white flag that you can no longer defend yourself intelligently.

As I said, thanks for playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back