Ex-Facebook Exec. Plagued by Guilt: "Ripping Apart Society"

Stopped using facebook when relatives started sending friend requests.
accept, set to acquaintance. Never share stuff with acquaintances, it's a one direction flow of information. works well, and when you like your relatives again, set them as normal friends. no love loss.

accept, set to acquaintance. Never share stuff with acquaintances, it's a one direction flow of information. works well, and when you like your relatives again, set them as normal friends. no love loss.

Deleted my account many years ago... and it wasn't out of dislike for relatives. When I first started using facebook it was just people of the same age on there. So I was just using it for fun, inside jokes with friends and for chatting up the ladies.

I've found I use Facebook mostly to:
- Watch the videos the page Tasty posts and drool at the food
- Watch the videos from another food page
- Use Messenger as essentially a free alternative texting system

IG..... fitness sl... I mean hot Fitness girls that post bikini pics. Deal with it, I like oogling.

Social media is a blight on society and one of the reasons the internet has been getting shittier and more soulless.

Venture capitalist Chamath Palihapitiya, Facebook’s former head of user growth, told the Stanford Graduate School of Business that he feels “tremendous guilt” over Facebook’s divisive role in society and deep regret over his involvement with the company's work.

Highlights:
- "Former Facebook president Sean Parker expressed fears over what the social network programming is “doing to our children’s brains.”

- FB was purposely developed to be addictive, using the “social-validation feedback loop."

- Facebook encourages “fake, brittle popularity” that drives people to keep sharing posts that they think will gain other people’s approval.

-“Even though we feigned this whole line of, like, ‘There probably aren’t any really bad unintended consequences,’ I think in the back, deep, deep recesses of our minds, we kind of knew something bad could happen.”

- “My solution is I just don’t use these tools [any social media] anymore,” Palihapitiya said. “I haven’t for years. It’s created huge tension with my friends…I guess I kind of innately didn’t want to get programmed.” He also doesn’t allow his children to use social networks, he added.

http://fortune.com/2017/12/12/chamath-palihapitiya-facebook-society/

I'm ashamed and embarrassed at how I sometimes post here. I admit it and will try diligently (meaning barely) to be friendlier and more affable from now on.

Jk...I'm a shitlord and hate how I act sometimes.

I tell people all the time at work that it is my belief that the prevalence and over use of social media and messenging apps is what is wrong with people today. Kids and teens cant talk to people, are rude as shit and are exposed to way too much adult shit super early via social media.

Didn't see these same problems like 7 to 10 years ago.

Yea. Like communicating with autistic troglodytes. Useless drones.

We can see its effects in the rise of collectivist thinking. Western individualism is being damaged by social media and the "herd mentality" that it imposes upon people.

We can see its effects in the rise of collectivist thinking. Western individualism is being damaged by social media and the "herd mentality" that it imposes upon people.

There was a news story here locally about a new Shake Shack burger joint opening that was hijacked by these psychotic militant vegans from all over the county. The most hate filled, condescending, sanctimonious, self righteous lunatics this side of sjw, antifa soy people and jihadists.

There was a news story here locally about a new Shake Shack burger joint opening that was hijacked by these psychotic militant vegans from all over the county. The most hate filled, condescending, sanctimonious, self righteous lunatics this side of sjw, antifa soy people and jihadists.

Veganism is usually the only redeeming quality about vegans.

See Adolf Hitler.

Veganism is usually the only redeeming quality about vegans.

See Adolf Hitler.

Hitler, though a lunatic, was a fascinating individual. Bizarre, but interesting to learn about. I wonder what his paintings are worth.

Hitler, though a lunatic, was a fascinating individual. Bizarre, but interesting to learn about. I wonder what his paintings are worth.

A lot of modern progressive ideals were first brought to world-wide attention by Hitler.

Veganism, animal rights, universal health care and education, the welfare state, euthanasia, abortion, "new age" neo-paganism and mysticism, etc.

Modern progressives seem to be nearly as "race-conscious" as he was, also, to the point where a man's race seems to be the sole determining factor about an individual's worth, to the progressive movement.

I rarely post on fb; I don't even wish people hbd anymore.

It's mostly the crazy shit that makes the papers. Most people use it with minimal drama.

Venture capitalist Chamath Palihapitiya, Facebook’s former head of user growth, told the Stanford Graduate School of Business that he feels “tremendous guilt” over Facebook’s divisive role in society and deep regret over his involvement with the company's work.

Highlights:
- "Former Facebook president Sean Parker expressed fears over what the social network programming is “doing to our children’s brains.”

- FB was purposely developed to be addictive, using the “social-validation feedback loop."

- Facebook encourages “fake, brittle popularity” that drives people to keep sharing posts that they think will gain other people’s approval.

-“Even though we feigned this whole line of, like, ‘There probably aren’t any really bad unintended consequences,’ I think in the back, deep, deep recesses of our minds, we kind of knew something bad could happen.”

- “My solution is I just don’t use these tools [any social media] anymore,” Palihapitiya said. “I haven’t for years. It’s created huge tension with my friends…I guess I kind of innately didn’t want to get programmed.” He also doesn’t allow his children to use social networks, he added.

http://fortune.com/2017/12/12/chamath-palihapitiya-facebook-society/

FB and social media allows unmitigated persecution from afar. It is proof of how shit people are in general. All those bible thumpers back in the 80s telling everyone what to do ... well, now they are the persecutors on FB and twitter and don't have to worry about being hypocrites like the bible thumpers and Tipper Gore and shit.

The Moral Majority sans God.

Facebook is a powerful tool for white supremacists

I'm not on Facebook or anything.

Sherdog is all I need.

Back