Ex-Green Beret who inspired Kaepernick clears things up

Not half as dumb as your response.

Even a foreigner watching the game from the stands would feel compelled to stand.

Choosing to kneel while everyone in the stadium is standing is comparable to choosing to stand while everyone in the living room is sitting. You lack perspective.

Your attempt at sarcasm's not working. While I know what he's protesting, I don't quite care for his stunt nor do I think it helps much with whatever issues he's protesting.

What I'm highlighting is the hypocrisy of fake patriots criticizing Kaepernick as being unpatriotic for not standing while they lounge on couches at home during the anthem.
You aren’t expected to stand in your home
Do they sit in the same situation as the guy kneeling? No.

Thanks for the compliment, I think I'm a little smarter than the average bear but not by much. I knew what you meant, but like I said, your posts are pretty terrible and not really worth taking seriously. Just pointing out a little hypocrisy.
Yet you must respond to me out of anger because you literally have nothing substantial or intelligent to say. Lol there is zero hypocrisy in my post... might want to look up the definition smart guy.

If you mean in the sense that, people know that Kaep started kneeling because he was "upset that things happened to black people" yes. That's about where it ends though.

I have a hard time believing the majority of folks with an opinion on the matter are unaware the protest involves treatment of blacks by the police. Maybe you're right though.

It's less a question of whether the employer can terminate your employment for not standing for the national anthem (they can) and more a question of whether they should. (1) The football players are that are kneeling are a lot of the best football players in the country. That is who people want to see play. It was easier for the NFL to tamper down on Kaepernick alone, but attempting to deal with all the kneelers at once would be hard.

(2) Despite the fact that terminating the employees for not standing is legal, there are certain legal considerations in the contract and code of conduct which would be need to be airtight or the NFL could get in trouble. Bear in mind that the NFL players and agents who would be affected by these termination have access to great lawyers, and the NFL certainly doesn't want a protracted legal battle that they may not win.

Can or should isn't my concern since I don't operate these businesses. Although I lean toward should since work isn't the appropriate time or place to make personal political statements. As for wanting to see the players play, that's true to a degree. It's also true that a large % of sports fans are brand loyal and tune in to support their team, regardless of who's on it. Players come and go every year and the leagues march on.

I don't know what the contracts say. I have seen some language that I believe was from the CBA that gives the NFL the ability to take action against behaviors detrimental to the league. The controversy that's erupted puts this kneeling business squarely in that camp.

I mean I’m a vet
Stand sit kneel who fucking cares
But that’s my opinion
Other people can have a different one

Right, stand sit kneel but stop calling SF guys hats. He's not a green beret, he just wore one in dress uniform you f'n pogues.

More players need to start kneeling for the anthem.

I wonder how many people complaining about Kaepernick kneeling were lounging on their sofas behind their teles munching on chips while the anthem was playing.

No one goes out their way to stand or remove their hat for it when they are in the comfort of their living room. Not at home or a bar/restaurant... never seen it..

Wow you're very smart if that is all you took from that.

muh skin color. i din du nuffin

You've really fallen off if you're just making racist comments instead of your usual somewhat witty shitposting.

You've really fallen off if you're just making racist comments instead of your usual somewhat witty shitposting.
I don't worry about insignificant stuff like being called a racist over petty nonsense. It's up there with "thoughts and prayers".

I'm curious about your "incorrect viewpoints" statement.
So you're right and everyone else is wrong?

My viewpoint is irrelevant to the views of others.

Many people falsely claim that he's protesting the military and the flag. That's incorrect. It's very simple.

Just for example, he could probably get even more attention if he organized picket lines at elementary schools - but it would be unequivocally bad press that would hurt his cause. I agree with others that, intent aside, he choose a self-defeating time and place to make his statement.

Maybe, but I highly doubt it, and I also don't know why he would do that at an elementary school. That's a very strange what if and much more work.

Football is watched by millions, and all he's doing is taking a knee. He's brought a mountain of attention to his cause and now has a deal with Nike, who is spreading the message further and profiting from doing so, which is the opposite of self-defeating. I'd say he chose wisely.

My viewpoint is irrelevant to the views of others.

Many people falsely claim that he's protesting the military and the flag. That's incorrect. It's very simple.

I recently heard a slight variation on this story.

"We sorta came to a middle ground where he would take a knee alongside his teammates," Boyer says. "Soldiers take a knee in front of a fallen brother's grave, you know, to show respect. When we're on a patrol, you know, and we go into a security halt, we take a knee, and we pull security."

Asked by Gumbel if Kap was "receptive" to his ideas, Boyer described him as "very receptive."

"Very receptive. He said, 'I think that would be-- I think-- I think that would be really powerful,'" Boyer recalls. "And, you know, he asked me to do it with him. And I said, 'Look, I'll stand next to you. I gotta stand though. I gotta stand with my hand on my heart. That's just-- that's just what I do and where I'm from.'"​

So you're proving my point. The issue isn't with a player making a personal statement while being paid to play football. It's about what some view as the "disrespecting" of the anthem and the country.

I just want people to be honest about it. To stop the bullshitting and the pretending that they respect the rights of others' free speech.

No you want no consequences for free speech as long as you agree with it.

There should never be a law against taking a knee during the national Anthem. You employer can say no while you are on the clock or in this case say it's fine. Hell if their employer said it was OK to burn the flag on the 50 yard line it old be their right to do just that and I would never support a law against it. It's a form of fre speech.

However a form of free speech is also not supporting this action amd the employer that allow it with my time or money.

Learn just what free speech is and how it works. The left are the ones that support actual anti free speech laws, like "hate speech " laws.

This whole situation was just full-blown AIDs.

The kneeling was just a thinly veiled virtue signal that accomplished nothing but making Kaepernick the modern day MLK for some reason. Just caused a bunch of division.

People getting butt-hurt by it were being babies.

People who say it was an insult to veterans, #1 bullshit. Veterans fought and died for your freedom - whether you stand, kneel, sit or plank during an anthem, you're exercising your freedom. Whether you vote or you don't, you're exercising your freedom. Wars weren't fought so everyone had to live a certain way, they were fought so we could be FREE, and when a society has true freedom, people are free to do shit you don't like.

Clearing up the Kaepernick hysteria, would mean exposing the false narrative he sold to so many willing recipients, showing him for the fraud that he is, and realizing the harm he's actually doing to society with this campaign based on lies.

Short of that, I wouldn't really consider anything "cleared up".

Why he kneels

To keep getting that pussy.
It's called wipped.
colinnessagettyimages-673025406_720.jpg

Last edited:
Back