Excuses for Conor's defeat

Your right, all those excuses will likely be used if Conor loses, but what's the point being mad about something that hasn't happened yet?

Also Conor haters will have excuses if Conor wins

the fact is, he fought a year ago...not 2 years ago....people honestly don't think going 10 rounds with floyd is considered a fight. sure, it's not mma, but it's still 2 guys fighting...and since conor has most of his ko's from boxing, I think that fight helps him big time...so it's been a year, not 2.

It's been 2 years since he fought MMA, 2 years since he had an MMA camp. If that fight proved one thing (that I thought we all already knew) it's that boxing is a different sport

Different timing, different angles, different skills etc. All these things matter and are all things Conor will be rusty with. There are plenty of guys Conor can fight where he doesn't need to be perfect right away and this would be fine. Khabib, is not one fo those guys

I think it's going to be an issue.

Conor is a Featherweight Striker. And he fought the best LW grappler, who is the size of a natural Welterweight.

That will be the story line.
If he wins there will be zero focus on that but there should be. Khabib has missed weight multiple times at 155 and Conor never missed at 145. Weight is huge in grappling so if Conor wins I hope he gets the credit he'll deserve.

It's been 2 years since he fought MMA, 2 years since he had an MMA camp. If that fight proved one thing (that I thought we all already knew) it's that boxing is a different sport

Different timing, different angles, different skills etc. All these things matter and are all things Conor will be rusty with. There are plenty of guys Conor can fight where he doesn't need to be perfect right away and this would be fine. Khabib, is not one fo those guys

I think it's going to be an issue.

his boxing training and going 10 rounds with floyd is going to keep conor sharp...while the rules are different and yes it's a different sport, he still fought another guy...to say it's not going to help is being very naive...of course it's going to help...and ring rust is a myth...didn't seem to hurt dom cruz much...

Back