F**k Gout

SFMMA

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Been dealing with gout for a couple of years. While I've always kept in good shape, years of eating the shit out of shellfish, red meat, and crushing froth dogs has made it so I no longer can even have one oyster without experiencing excruciating pain the next day. Have to call in work, unable to walk type pain. I missed, for instance, going to Petra when I was in Israel last year because I couldn't get out of bed.

My brother and father both have it and take medicine for it, but the pills makes me incredibly loopy and aren't a viable option. I've tried anti-inflammatory medicine, turmeric with curcumin, black cherry juice, pain meds, etc., but really the only thing that prevents it is simply eliminating all the delicious/fun things in my life. Now I basically can have salad and wine. It's completely changed my lifestyle and is something I'll have the rest of my life.

Anyone else ever have to deal with this bullshit?

Are you a great big fat person by chance?

How's that reading comprehension working out for you? Specifically the second sentence of my post.

I didn't read your OP, would have thought that was obvious.

Gout gout gout it all out
These are the things you can do without
Come on
I'm talking to you
Come on

I got Gout when I was 18. I was starting to gain a little weight so I started eating Tuna a lot, like I only ate Tuna for 4-5 days. I started to feel some pressure in my ankle one night, then it turned into what felt like needles poking me from within the skin. It developed into throbbing and then finally into just pure pain. I couldn't even have a sheet on my ankle, the tiny amount of weight increased the pain even more. So that saying is true, it was tough to believe before that.

I limped my way out to the car and went to the hospital. They took blood and told me it was Gout, they gave me a butt shot and sent me on my way. Gout is the most pain I've ever felt, tearing a ligament in that same ankle a few years later is a close second.

What's obvious is that you need to bounce up out this bitch, goat dick.

Damn, your blood pressure must be thru the roof. You run out of breath from typing that lol?

I got Gout when I was 18. I was starting to gain a little weight so I started eating Tuna a lot, like I only ate Tuna for 4-5 days. I started to feel some pressure in my ankle one night, then it turned into what felt like needles poking me from within the skin. It developed into throbbing and then finally into just pure pain. I couldn't even have a sheet on my ankle, the tiny amount of weight increased the pain even more.

I limped my way out to the car and went to the hospital. They took blood and told me it was Gout, they have me a butt shot and sent me on my way. Gout is the most pain I've ever felt, tearing a ligament in that same ankle a few years later is a close second.
Cool story bro

Can someone explain to me what exactly it is and what it does that makes it so painful?

Comparisons would be nice

Eat more white meat chicken and veggies....

Damn, your blood pressure must be thru the roof. You run out of breath from typing that lol?

Oh cool, a guy that laughs at his own "jokes." You must be a hoot at parties. How 'bout:

giphy.gif

Sounds awful.

Can someone explain to me what exactly it is and what it does that makes it so painful?

Comparisons would be nice

It's a a collection of purines in your blood that causes the build up of crystals in your joints. My foot gets insanely swollen and red to the point where I'll get a fever. It's legitimately the worst pain I've ever had, including multiple my spine being fractured, broken fingers, wrist, etc.

It's a build up of purines in your blood that causes the build up of crystals in your joints. My foot gets insanely swollen and red to the point where I'll get a fever. It's legitimately the worst pain I've ever had, including multiple my spine being fractured, broken fingers, wrist, etc.

So walking hurts or just in general?

Back