F**k Gout

So walking hurts or just in general?

Walking is an impossibility when it's bad. I puked once it hurt so much when I was bed ridden from it when I first got it and didn't know what was going on.

So walking hurts or just in general?

What @SFMMA said.

It just hurts in general. Made it impossible for me to put any weight on my left ankle when I had it. I also got pretty sick. I worked in an office at the time and I limped my way in there with crutches and a fever.

my dad has often trouble when he "indulges" a bit too much.
If you get it so quickly after wrong food youre obviously constantly on the line. And forget about "all thouse years of wrong" . Your body cleans itself. Youre obviously still eating enormous quantites or very poor food. And you say that it means skipping on all the good tasty food. Not at all,just a better balance.
Start with proper foodcombinatios<base,acid... > as much as you cbm and order<fruit first...> And of course watching fat content,sugar,alcho.,etc... the classics. But in general from what i see one can still enjoy most and keep the gout at bay. And If you dont feel like delving into details ,just stick with the mediteran diet.

my dad has often trouble when he "indulges" a bit too much.
If you get it so quickly after wrong food youre obviously constantly on the line. And forget about "all thouse years of wrong" . Your body cleans itself. Youre obviously still eating enormous quantites or very poor food. And you say that it means skipping on all the good tasty food. Not at all,just a better balance.
Start with proper foodcombinatios<base,acid... > as much as you cbm and order<fruit first...> And of course watching fat content,sugar,alcho.,etc... the classics. But in general from what i see one can still enjoy most and keep the gout at bay. And If you dont feel like delving into details ,just stick with the mediteran diet.

I don't still get it. As I said in the OP, I now eat salads and drink wine if I imbibe. But no denial that I love(d) oysters and good beer in excess.

Yes I experienced gout, before I realized/knew it was gout. I started getting gout in my late 20s. I had about 5 flares up since 2014 when it first started.

Gout was extremely painful for me. On a scale of 10, it was a 9! Felt like someone was dipping my foot in boiling water! Something as lite as a bed sheet on my foot cause me extreme pain.

When I have flares up I'm supposed to take indomethacin, which helps out a lot!!

I get it about once a year starting around 5 years ago. The pain isn't "kidney stone" bad, but it's still pretty intense. And I always get it in the same joint on the same foot. I can somewhat negate the pain if I keep my foot elevated, but as soon as I let blood rush to it or even touch it, the pain is like what I'd imagine having my foot constantly hit with a hammer would be.

Gout destroyed me for roughly 8 weeks last year.

I'm not entirely sure what triggered it, ironically I woke up with it the morning after I saw a relative of mine die (too much info I know but I really think the two could be connected).

For 8 weeks I couldn't walk. I wish it on nobody. I was in constant agony and it felt like my foot was about to explode.

I decided there and then that I didn't want to take drugs for the rest of my life to control it so I became a pescitarian (again) and cut weight. I'm down from 245lbs to roughly 218 atm.

Been dealing with gout for a couple of years. While I've always kept in good shape, years of eating the shit out of shellfish, red meat, and crushing froth dogs has made it so I no longer can even have one oyster without experiencing excruciating pain the next day. Have to call in work, unable to walk type pain. I missed, for instance, going to Petra when I was in Israel last year because I couldn't get out of bed.

My brother and father both have it and take medicine for it, but the pills makes me incredibly loopy and aren't a viable option. I've tried anti-inflammatory medicine, turmeric with curcumin, black cherry juice, pain meds, etc., but really the only thing that prevents it is simply eliminating all the delicious/fun things in my life. Now I basically can have salad and wine. It's completely changed my lifestyle and is something I'll have the rest of my life.

Anyone else ever have to deal with this bullshit?

Watch this. Look how these people all healed themselves of different ailments...i experienced this myself by healing a skin condition i was told by 2 dermatologists I would have forever....reset/restore your body. Let it heal itself ...check it out let me know what you think. I am sure this would help gout

random health problems suck as we get older. I run everyday and do everything i am supposed to and i have issues too

It's always fun to see what Sherdoggers assume about a condition. Gout, like diabetes and many other conditions are a result of genetics. There are foods that exacerbate certain conditions but they aren't the underlying cause. I've known several people who suffer from gout. There isn't anyone in my genetic family that has had it so I'm lucky. Two of my mother's sister's husbands had it. two of their children have it and I worked with several people who had it. Different things trigger it for different people. One guy could eat or drink almost anything but coffee. The people I've known that had it were very thin and at least two of them have high blood pressure. Most started having problems in their 50s but one man started having trouble at age 30. I don't know if there is any connection but several of them are the extremely jumpy types.

I get it about once a year starting around 5 years ago. The pain isn't "kidney stone" bad, but it's still pretty intense. And I always get it in the same joint on the same foot. I can somewhat negate the pain if I keep my foot elevated, but as soon as I let blood rush to it or even touch it, the pain is like what I'd imagine having my foot constantly hit with a hammer would be.

Good God, I hope I never get kidney stones then.

tumblr_lamd7sA5vg1qzes3oo1_500.jpg

Been dealing with gout for a couple of years. While I've always kept in good shape, years of eating the shit out of shellfish, red meat, and crushing froth dogs has made it so I no longer can even have one oyster without experiencing excruciating pain the next day. Have to call in work, unable to walk type pain. I missed, for instance, going to Petra when I was in Israel last year because I couldn't get out of bed.

My brother and father both have it and take medicine for it, but the pills makes me incredibly loopy and aren't a viable option. I've tried anti-inflammatory medicine, turmeric with curcumin, black cherry juice, pain meds, etc., but really the only thing that prevents it is simply eliminating all the delicious/fun things in my life. Now I basically can have salad and wine. It's completely changed my lifestyle and is something I'll have the rest of my life.

Anyone else ever have to deal with this bullshit?

I'm dealing w/ the gout as we speak; I literally know your pain.
Haven't had any issues in a few years - controlled it with diet, but the last month its gotten me a few times. I might have to upgrade pharmacologically.

Same here, except less consistent and this month it literally went from my right foot (regular) to my left (new).
Can someone explain to me what exactly it is and what it does that makes it so painful?

Comparisons would be nice

Think of microscopic shards of glass moving around within your joints.

Wouldn't it be obvious to avoid meat for a bit? Lots of leafy greens?

Back