F**k Gout

What's obvious is that you need to bounce up out this bitch, goat dick.
1260710343244.jpg

Can someone explain to me what exactly it is and what it does that makes it so painful?

Comparisons would be nice

Without googling I believe it's a build up of uric acid. Not real sure what causes the pain though. Common in fatties.

S C I E N C E ! ! !

i had gout starting about 10 years ago. it was weird because i fit basically none of the criteria. i had 4 or 5 bouts and it was the worst pain i had ever had until my staph infection. even a sheet touching my toe made me want to cry. they say once you have it you always have it, but i havent had an attack in 7 years or so. keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way. once in awhile i get a slight pain in my toe and worry its coming back, but not yet.

Without googling I believe it's a build up of uric acid. Not real sure what causes the pain though. Common in fatties.

S C I E N C E ! ! !

I got it at 180 pounds from eating too much Tuna Fish. I'd say it depends more on the specifics of your diet, rather than the generalization of just being a fattie.

I got it at 180 pounds from eating too much Tuna Fish. I'd say it depends more on the specifics of your diet, rather than the generalization of just being a fattie.

Yeah, that's just a misconception really...fatty.

Been dealing with gout for a couple of years. While I've always kept in good shape, years of eating the shit out of shellfish, red meat, and crushing froth dogs has made it so I no longer can even have one oyster without experiencing excruciating pain the next day. Have to call in work, unable to walk type pain. I missed, for instance, going to Petra when I was in Israel last year because I couldn't get out of bed.

My brother and father both have it and take medicine for it, but the pills makes me incredibly loopy and aren't a viable option. I've tried anti-inflammatory medicine, turmeric with curcumin, black cherry juice, pain meds, etc., but really the only thing that prevents it is simply eliminating all the delicious/fun things in my life. Now I basically can have salad and wine. It's completely changed my lifestyle and is something I'll have the rest of my life.

Anyone else ever have to deal with this bullshit?

My dad and uncle both have it. Shit sucks.

I have psoriatic arthritis supposedly and aip was the only thing that worked. Now I just avoid gluten and too many legumes and I'm back to my old self after being bed ridden and crippled less than a year ago.

What I had looks and sounds similar to gout so maybe give aip a shot. My doctors never recommended changing my diet and wanted to put me on a bunch of pharmaceuticals with nasty side effects.

https://aiplifestyle.com/what-is-autoimmune-protocol-diet/

Honestly you guys are triggering it when you get too acidic. Look into alkaline foods, which should make up a good part of your diet.

Almost everything you guys eat is acidic I can guarantee it. Sugar, carbs, meat, fats.

For carbs try eating:
-Okinawan sweet potatoes/rice/quinoa,
-WAY more vegetables (cruciferous, not nightshade)
Protein:
chicken/fish sometimes eggs
Fats:
coconut oil and olive oil to cook. Sometimes butter or ghee is ok

Supplement with:
apple cider vinegar and tart cherry

Avoid: excess sugar, most grains (especially wheat), nuts/seeds/beans, red meat, canola/safflower/sunflower/grapeseed oil

You guys are just unhealthy. Don’t be butthurt we assume you guys are fatties

Last edited:
I'm dealing w/ the gout as we speak; I literally know your pain.
Haven't had any issues in a few years - controlled it with diet, but the last month its gotten me a few times. I might have to upgrade pharmacologically.

Edibles were actually very helpful for me.

For carbs try eating:
-WAY more vegetables (cruciferous, not nightshade)

You guys are just unhealthy. Don’t be butthurt we assume you guys are fatties

So you say our diets are too acidic and then you suggest vinegar and tart cherry juice?

Also, cauliflower (a cruciferous vegetable) is one of the biggest offenders of purine.

I’m 6’5”, 212. So no, not fat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back