Faber vs Maia: Who is the Best Fighter Never to Win UFC Gold?

Hendo, Gustaffson, Fitch and Marquardt.

I firmly believe Marquardt and Fitch would've been champs in their prime had it not been for GSP and Anderson.
fitch was boring and probably would of got koed.

"You hipsters", okay, always nice to know when such a mature intelligent person replies to my comments. lol lol lol .... Seriously, have some decency and some manners if you want to reply to my comments, then you might actually get an answer to your inaccurate statements.
I proved you wrong so you will focus on me calling you a hipster.

Typical hipster/sherdog tactic.....Cant come up with any real arguments, but will focus on one 1 word LMFAO.

fitch was boring and probably would of got koed.

Boring does not equal bad fighter. Fitch was one of the best to do it at WW, just had the unfortunate opportunity of being in the same division at the same time prime GSP was.

I proved you wrong so you will focus on me calling you a hipster.

Typical hipster/sherdog tactic.....Cant come up with any real arguments, but will focus on one 1 word LMFAO.
I will focus on you being a disrespectful dick for no reason and people like you shouldn't be accepted as part of the community unless you can behave and express yourself like a civilized human being

Boring does not equal bad fighter. Fitch was one of the best to do it at WW, just had the unfortunate opportunity of being in the same division at the same time prime GSP was.
did u see his fights?

1. Dan Henderson
2. Mirko Crocop
3. Wanderlei Silva
4. Urijah Faber
5. Nick Diaz
6. Rory MacDonald
7. Damian Maia
8. Anthony Johnson
9. Alexander Gustafsson
10. Nate Marquart

Honorable Mention: Hector Lombard, Ryan Bader, Gilbert Melendez, Kenny Florian, Norifumi Yamamoto, Joseph Benavidez, Takanori Gomi, Donald Cerrone, Glover Teixeira and Pedro Rizzo. (might be forgetting a few, my apologies)

Last edited:
Chad” Chad Mendes” Mendes

Chad Mendes

No one's mentioned wanderlei Silva??? He is the correct answer for fighters who have fought in the UFC but never obtained gold

I will focus on you being a disrespectful dick for no reason and people like you shouldn't be accepted as part of the community unless you can behave and express yourself like a civilized human being
LMFAO......I guess my argument was so good and you wre so wrong that this is the only thing you will focus on....LMFAO.

Thoughts?

Edit: UFC* fighter. I am a huge fan of Fedor, but he has never fought in the UFC, so is excluded from this thread.

First thought that came to mind was Fitch.

Can also throw in
Rory
Gustafsson
Bader
Mendes
Florian
Thompson

I don't think Nate the Great was ever that great, respectfully. He's good good, but he doesn't deserve to be in this discussion.

Florian an was good for a season or two, when the talent pool was shallow. Don't think he deserves to be in the discussion either.

Maia is probably not even top5 for this type of list.

Faber easily.

Definitely Maia. Faber was a pioneer and a fun fighter to watch but he was never part of the elite. Maia was a top 5 level fighter for about a decade and only had problems due to match-ups which is just inevitable for particular styles, but he never got handled or destroyed by someone. Faber on the other hand looked pretty bad when he had to go up against guys like Aldo, Cruz or Barao. You just saw that the best of the best were a couple of steps ahead in every aspect of the game. His time was back when the lower weight classes still didn't have much spotlight and were in the developing phase, he was one of the guys that managed to rise to the top there rather quickly. Of course the competition of that time can't be compared to what you've had in Bantamweight and Featherweight this decade.

Victories over Menjivar, Pickett, Bowles, Jorgenson, Rivera, Mizugaki, McDonald, Swanson, and on and on and on (and nearly all of them finishes), but he was never "elite."

LOL!

Maia beat juiced Silva in abu dhabi. Points should have been deducted for racist abuse.

Back