• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Face Attacker

danny1269u

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Any serious advice on how to deal with the biggest Cnut ive ever trained with who grinds his wrist bone into peoples eyes nose and teeth instead of trying to learn clean technique

In general I try not to protect my neck with my eye sockets, nose, and teeth that's kind of a losing battle.

If you're running into someone with rough and inaccurate crossface pressure, have you considered just not conceding or accepting bottom position?

Sweep or standup, get on top, stay on top.

Show them in the round what proper crossfacing and shoulder pressure is and how much it sucks.

If you lack the technical ability to enforce your will on them, you could always fall back to talking to them like a human being "hey you're grinding the shit out of my face and it's not helping you but it is hurting me".

Work on your guard retention - he can't grind your face if he can't pass your guard.

BJJer Me:
Need more info...

Wrestler/Judoka Me:
If you were on top in an advantageous position this doesn't happen....

Total grappler old man me: you're doing something wrong if this is happening...people who complain about un-clean technique are the ones unable to stop it. Not trying to be a dick but I've heard em all....

Last edited:
From what position?

Step 1 is to just gave an adult conversion about not rolling like a dick. Step 2 is to punish the behavior if it continues. If they do that in your guard, armbar the piss out of him for bad technique. It's how I stop people from digging elbows into thighs. Just keep triangling them until they realize the shit doesn't work

From what position?

Step 1 is to just gave an adult conversion about not rolling like a dick. Step 2 is to punish the behavior if it continues. If they do that in your guard, armbar the piss out of him for bad technique. It's how I stop people from digging elbows into thighs. Just keep triangling them until they realize the shit doesn't work
A guy I used to train with started getting really rough every roll. He was a big guy, 260ish, and when he started to get good, he just wanted to go ham every roll. I cranked the bejeezus out of an armbar and put a stop to it. Only time I've ever hurt someone intentionally. He had it coming.

Depends on how good you are. If you can beat him, you can always sucker punch him by jerking a submission and then dare him to start a fight without you about it after the roll, hoping that your willingness to hurt him because his face pressure is too much for you is enough to earn some kind of goofy respect. You could also ask him not to grind on your face, but some people think that asking instead of forcing another man to do something makes you a bitch. You could also just avoid him, but you can't avoid him forever in a small gym without making a scene and kicking yourself back to one or two. In which case you have to publicly refuse to roll with him and make a scene about it.

If your manhood is called into question by asking him to roll lighter, then that is kinda a you thing. We live in a dignity culture, not an honor culture where you have to pretend to be physically superior to everyone. But if you do ask him and he keeps fucking up, that's a him thing and you have the moral ground to publicly refuse to roll with him, and he can't say shit about it other than to say you're a bitch, which he thinks anyway, and he probably will only say it behind your back.

Real story, I used to be in a striking class with a fat fuck football player who was twice as strong as me and outweighed my by about 150 pounds. One time he hit me in the chest so hard I felt it in my sternum shoveling snow six months later. A few months after that hit happened, we were sparring and he started stepping through on hooks again, and I snapped at him. "Why the fuck are you swinging so hard?" And he was the bigger man about it, said sorry, and didn't do it anymore.

Total grappler old man me: you're doing something wrong if this is happening...people who complain about un-clean technique are the ones unable to stop it. Not trying to be a dick but I've heard em all....

Retards while try to hurt you face while you sweep them, or do something nasty while you try to go light on them.
I think the vast majority people who just try to hurt you face can't stand the pain if you do something like that to them, and give up their guard when I just decide to see if I can try to break their face applying pressure with the head from top.

BJJer Me:
Need more info...

Wrestler/Judoka Me:
If you were on top in an advantageous position this doesn't happen....

Last time I can think of that someone was downright dirty with me, dude grabbed my ankles when I'm in open guard and tried to launch me in the air and flip me to turtle. I'm a hw.

The result of this exchange was that I caught his head an arm with my legs on the way over, causing both of us to roll backwards over my shoulder and land with him in a mounted triangle. That knocked the wind out of him without me finishing the triangle, but 15 seconds later he's ready to keep going.

He gassed before the round was even over and I recommended that he try take it easy and focus on being technical if he can't make it through a five minute round.

Oddly enough, the dude did not keep showing up. And as a result, he did not get better (to my knowledge).

Back