"Face the brutes." That is a lesson for all life - face the terrible; face it boldly.

8/21/14

1 hour S+C:

OHP; pull ups; cable rows; cable crossovers; CURLS.

1 hour kickboxing:

Drilled.

1 hour no gi:

Drilled.

1.5 hour no gi:

Technique work; rolled.

4 hours of working out?

Super jelly

8/22/14

1 hour no gi:

Drilled; then rolled 5x5 minute rounds.

1 hour stand-up sparring:

Warm-up; then 8x3 minute rounds.

75 minute run:

Self-explanatory.

8/23/14

No workout, but did get in a nice grappling activity at work. Big (~240 lbs.) guy, straight out a 10 year stint in state prison, tried to fight. He didn't win, and I stole his shoes. (That's not facetious; he was trying to kick my face while we put him in a car). So, I'll count that as anaerobic conditioning.

8/23/14

No workout, but did get in a nice grappling activity at work. Big (~240 lbs.) guy, straight out a 10 year stint in state prison, tried to fight. He didn't win, and I stole his shoes. (That's not facetious; he was trying to kick my face while we put him in a car). So, I'll count that as anaerobic conditioning.

Anaerobic conditioning and free shoes. That is pretty much the dream.

If I could award awards I'd give you one for shoe stealing.

Only time I've been hurt in 22 years of work was loading a guy who was kicking into a car. He caught my finger straight on with a kick and dislocated it.

8/25/14

180 minute run/walk:

Planned for a three-hour run. Got to about 160 minutes and then the girl called; walked the rest of the way while talking to her.

Tl;dr: women are the worst.

8/26/14

1 hour kickboxing:

Drilled.

1 hour no-gi drilling:

Drilled.

1.5 hour no-gi:

Technique work; then rolled.

pretty much the dream.

Indeed. Pretty much, certainly.

Only time I've been hurt in 22 years of work was loading a guy who was kicking into a car. He caught my finger straight on with a kick and dislocated it.

I can imagine. Without getting too much into it on the internet, the whole incident made me re-think some of our DT programming. While it's a very specific situation, it's one my guys have never trained for, and had I not been there, I'm sure someone would have gotten kicked in the face pretty hard, and things likely would have escalated. So, probably something worth working looking in to.

However, if I bring it up, I could absolutely see my administration over-reacting, and requiring us to hobble every prisoner, or something like that.

The simplest best thing anyone can do is in physical self defense situation is to be in shape and strong. Those two things with some basic wrestling and tactics will see you through most situations.

I think one of the keys to most excessive use of force incidents is the officer has felt they are no longer in control and lashed out in either anger or fear. (Excluding incidents where the officer simply is a ass). Some very basic skills can remedy this.

The simplest best thing anyone can do is in physical self defense situation is to be in shape and strong. Those two things with some basic wrestling and tactics will see you through most situations.

I think one of the keys to most excessive use of force incidents is the officer has felt they are no longer in control and lashed out in either anger or fear. (Excluding incidents where the officer simply is a ass). Some very basic skills can remedy this.

Fair enough. I do not disagree.

8/27/14

1 hour S+C:

Basic upper body strength work; curls.

1.5 hours no gi:

1 hour MMA:

Some technique work; then rolled with gloves on.

8/28/14

1 hour kickboxing:

Drilled.

1 hour no gi drilling:

Drilled.

1.5 hours no gi:

8/29/14

1 hour no gi:

Drilled; then rolled a few rounds.

>1 hour kickboxing:

Sparring. Got a few rounds in, but then jacked up my toe. So, no more rounds.

1 hour S+C:

Upper body strength work; curls.

8/31/14

190 hours LISS:

Elliptical. Couldn't run due to the toe, but did get a long session in on the elliptical. Felt fresh; could have done another 3 hours with a snack.

Teddy is in the process of moving. Teddy has been training, but less frequency/intensity. Teddy loves you.

Was Teddy drinking?

More illeist updates:

Teddy moved yesterday. Teddy starts new job tomorrow. Teddy will hopefully be able to get back to a normal training schedule once that commences. But maybe not.

Back