Fact: Cody Garbrandt would put up a better fight against Floyd than Conor McG

CoGar has a legit 30-1 amateur boxing record, whereas Conor's record is no where to be found. He is also extremely athletic and explosive with amazing cardio and conditioning, his hooks are fast and sharp making him kinda look like Marcos Maidana. Cody has exact the brawler style that gives Floyd trouble.

As a boxer, Conor only has a counter left hand, Floyd will easily neutralize it with his world-class jab, Conor will eventually gas and be finished. It is not an interesting matchup at all.

CoGar would make Floyd rely on his speed and reflexes which should be fading at 40 years old, definetly a bad matchup. IMO he should be the face of MMA against boxing
ab so fucking lutely not

cody is a brawler at heart

Well, I think we all know now Cody may lasted a whole 2 minutes with that chin of his.

Huh? CoGar is 10x the boxer Conor is. He got caught by a headkick
He got KTFO by a wrestler, brah. Conor is a life long boxer, trained by an Olympic champion in the greatest boxing nation in the world, not some jabroni who was taught in their uncle's basement in Ohio and gets KTFO by wrestlers. No other UFC fighter could go ten with Mayweather, even if "May was carrying them' (lel). The hate for Conor turns dudes into retards.

Lol, last year at this time, Eddie fucking Alvarez was a better boxer than Conor. Apparently going ten rounds with the greatest boxer ever, while winning half those rounds, did not teach anyone anything. It would behoove people to watch Andy boxing at Wild Card, Nick vs Omar Henry, Aldo vs some bum at Robert Garcia's gym, Luke and Lee vs some bums @ TMT or TJ vs Loma to fully appreciate and understand the gap between even average boxers and MMA fighters and to also appreciate what Conor did vs May and Paulie. MMA fighters simply don't win rounds against even average boxers, never mind GOAT's and former world champs.

Floyd would get Cody out there in the first round every time and I like Cody.

Floyd would get Cody out there in the first round every time and I like Cody.
I do not know if one round but for sure, Id be shocked to see Cody stay four rounds, especially while giving up like half a foot in reach, the size advantage and having a questionable chin. And one thing is for sure, he aint winning 3-5 rounds off him. People just thought Cody was the second coming of the hand game because he outboxed Cruz, who everyone thought was as good as Willie Pep and were mesmerized by his footwork.

Lol, last year at this time, Eddie fucking Alvarez was a better boxer than Conor. Apparently going ten rounds with the greatest boxer ever, while winning half those rounds, did not teach anyone anything. It would behoove people to watch Andy boxing at Wild Card, Nick vs Omar Henry, Aldo vs some bum at Robert Garcia's gym, Luke and Lee vs some bums @ TMT or TJ vs Loma to fully appreciate and understand the gap between even average boxers and MMA fighters and to also appreciate what Conor did vs May and Paulie. MMA fighters simply don't win rounds against even average boxers, never mind GOAT's and former world champs.
It's not surprising, average Sherdogger has no idea about the levels in boxing. It's incredible that Conor was able to win rounds and look like he belonged there when he was fresh, even landing some beautiful counters on the GOAT. A decent-to-good amateur boxer would make most UFC fighters look like complete bums in a boxing ring, and we see this all the time when we get sparring footage of that. F.ex., one you didn't mention, Mike Perry ragequitting in tears against some boxer because he kept getting touched by the jab in sparring. And IIRC he got knocked out against a nobody too.

Floyd would KO Garbrandt stiff in the first round......there are levels to this game.....Conor did well with his size, with Floyd coming of 2 years and being 40.....and still Floyd took it easy on him......

No.. he probably wouldn't. Floyd would cover his ears/head, Cody's hooks wouldn't land much.

Floyd would KO Garbrandt stiff in the first round......there are levels to this game.....Conor did well with his size, with Floyd coming of 2 years and being 40.....and still Floyd took it easy on him......

There are levels ... Cody is 30-1 as an amateur boxer, mostly KOs, while Conor's record is nowhere to be seen. He was also outboxed by Nate Diaz and only won the second fight due to leg kicks. TJ rocked Cody with a head kick, in a pure boxing match I take Cody over TJ(and Conor) anytime

There are levels ... Cody is 30-1 as an amateur boxer, mostly KOs, while Conor's record is nowhere to be seen. He was also outboxed by Nate Diaz and only won the second fight due to leg kicks. TJ rocked Cody with a head kick, in a pure boxing match I take Cody over TJ(and Conor) anytime
He was never outboxed by Diaz...ever. The first fight he was out stamina' does and the second he beat Diaz like a dirty rug

most people I know acknowledge Conor to be the best boxer in MMA.

Been boxing for 10 years on and off

Cody's a little overrated. Boxing is more than just throwing nice looking punches.

He's one of the better boxers in MMA, yes.

But, Conor Is still better overall.

Dunno why people with no boxing IQ whatsoever keep discussing things like this as If they have any clue what they're talking about.

no offence, but yeah. Stick to mma

Back