Fact: Kevin Lee is the best trash talker/best fighter available for Conor thus Conor will duck em!!!

• Why does Lee keep gettin Khabib's leftovers? First Barboza, then Iaquinta (whom Lee will probably beat in a rematch) and now people want Lee vs. Conor?
  • It's a pointless fight. Lee's style is too similar to Khabib. Either Conor-Khabib rematch for the money/hype (which I don't want to see, at least immediately), or Conor should fight someone with a different style. Most would rather see Conor fight another striker (Barboza, Gaethje, Poirier rematch, even MJ). If he wins convincingly, then maybe we'll talk another title shot. And yes, we may have to see Conor vs. Nate Part 3, but I hope not--there are more interesting fights.
Barboza would be fun but Conor would never do it....gaethje and mj are too unpopular so he wouldn't.

He would fight poirer, which is an extremely winnable fight for Conor...sorry I Dont want to see that shit.

As for Lee being similar to khabib...I disagree..Lee's gnp/control is way different, reminds me more of your typical wrestler who shoots double legs..similar to mendes.

agreed that kevin lee is a hell of a match up for conor. kevin lee has some damn good submission wrestling skills, but he'll never sniff McGoat. why would McGoat give kevin lee a big payday? you have to earn that and lee hasn't.

Barboza would be fun but Conor would never do it....gaethje and mj are too unpopular so he wouldn't.

He will figbt poirer, which is an extremely winnable fight for Conor...sorry I Dont want to see that shit.

As for Lee being similar to khabib...I disagree..Lee's gnp/control is way different, reminds me more of your typical wrestler who shoots double legs..similar to mendes.

We're talking about *most fans* here. They aren't interested in nuanced differences between Lee and Khabib's grappling. They're both just wrestlers to most people. I guarantee the "Just Bleed" crowd (i.e., most MMA fans) would love Conor-Gaethje, regardless of the outcome, and beg for a rematch. Think how popular Forrest-Bonnar #1 was. Conor vs. Barboza, Poirier or MJ would also be fan favorites.

As far as Conor "never doing Barboza," I think it's more likely than Lee. Lee is a terrible fight for him from a risk:reward standpoint. Conor would most likely lose to a wrestler who's not a household name, and it would make a Khabib rematch almost pointless. Conor would rather risk losing a war to another good striker on his feet then take 3-5 rounds of pounding on the ground, in which he's totally out of his element.

Barboza is a good striker, but has his flaws. Cerrone floored him with a jab. And Barboza just had two epic GnP beatings similar to Cain-JDS....he may now be damaged goods, just like JDS.

Conor would sleep this guy and will expose his suspect chin one more time, Conor would also murder him in the mic.

I've heard this plenty of times before Conor fought khabib. Let's see if Conor can actually do that vs Lee.

I've heard this plenty of times before Conor fought khabib. Let's see if Conor can actually do that vs Lee.
Khabib is the undisputed best LW in the planet, Lee is not Khabib

Kevin Lee's chin is suspect tbh, but I have him grinding out a win against Mcnuggets.

Khabib is the undisputed best LW in the planet, Lee is not Khabib
I understand lee is no khabib but I have my doubts that Conor is better than Lee. Anyways why not? Lee is ranked #3 Conor #2 so it's the perfect fight to set up the winner for a title shot. Or would you rather see Conor vs insignificant Diaz again?

I understand lee is no khabib but I have my doubts that Conor is better than Lee. Anyways why not? Lee is ranked #3 Conor #2 so it's the perfect fight to set up the winner for a title shot. Or would you rather see Conor vs insignificant Diaz again?

It still makes no sense from Conor's perspective, and not much sense for the UFC either. If Conor loses, there's almost no reason for Khabib-Conor #2. If Conor beats another striker, however, that rematch makes sense. If Conor loses to another striker, then they can at least milk him fighting other strikers for a while, since that's what most people want to see.

sure, logically Lee makes sense but I think Conor's days as fighting contender might be over, he either fight Nate, get an instant rematch or jump for a big fight, I really doubt he will "work his way up" at this point

We're talking about *most fans* here. They aren't interested in nuanced differences between Lee and Khabib's grappling. They're both just wrestlers to most people. I guarantee the "Just Bleed" crowd (i.e., most MMA fans) would love Conor-Gaethje, regardless of the outcome, and beg for a rematch. Think how popular Forrest-Bonnar #1 was. Conor vs. Barboza, Poirier or MJ would also be fan favorites.

As far as Conor "never doing Barboza," I think it's more likely than Lee. Lee is a terrible fight for him from a risk:reward standpoint. Conor would most likely lose to a guy who's not a household name, and it would make a Khabib rematch almost pointless. Conor would rather risk losing a war to another good striker then take 3-5 rounds of pounding on the ground, which is totally out of his element.

Barboza is a good striker, but has his flaws. Cerrone floored him with a jab. And Barboza just had two epic GnP beatings similar to Cain-JDS....he may now be damaged goods, just like JDS.
Most fans dont know shit about fighting or who fighters are.

All the UFC needs is Kevin Lee footage of him being exciting..talking shit...and thats good enough for the promo and for most fans to get excited.

Gaethje/poirer/MJ arent great trash talkers and arent appealing to most fans...sorry...Kevin Lee is just more sellable....a cocky black guy > Typical white guy/Nice black guy....this is true for anybody who sees sports...most American fans think like this.

Again barboza is an exciting fight but he wont sell....He isn't as marketable as a cocky black guy....if he loses to Kevin Lee, people will see kevin lee is for real and he will become a household namr which will minimize damage toward Conor's career....if he gets destroyed by barboza....barboza isnt going to become a star, it will make Conor look bad...so its better to lose to a star, and lee will become a star, he has the qualities.

I don’t think Conor is going to want to fight a wrestler again unless it’s a hematch with habeeb for mucho dinero

Most fans dont know shit about fighting or who fighters are.

All the UFC needs is Kevin Lee footage of him being exciting..talking shit...and thats good enough for the promo and for most fans to get excited.

Gaethje/poirer/MJ arent great trash talkers and arent appealing to most fans...sorry...Kevin Lee is just more sellable....a cocky black guy > Typical white guy/Nice black guy....this is true for anybody who sees sports...most American fans think like this.

Again barboza is an exciting fight but he wont sell....He isn't as marketable as a cocky black guy....if he loses to Kevin Lee, people will see kevin lee is for real and he will become a household namr which will minimize damage toward Conor's career....if he gets destroyed by barboza....barboza isnt going to become a star, it will make Conor look bad...so its better to lose to a star, and lee will become a star, he has the qualities.

I agree the trash talk would sell some tickets, but it's still a bad long-term play on Conor's career and the UFC. And I'm not convinced it would sell THAT many tickets. Once the typical fan finds out Lee is another wrestler the'd say "Again? Forget that. Can't Conor do a Mayweather rematch or something?"

I agree the trash talk would sell some tickets, but it's still a bad long-term play on Conor's career and the UFC. And I'm not convinced it would sell THAT many tickets. Once the typical fan finds out Lee is another wrestler the'd say "Again? Forget that. Can't Conor do a Mayweather rematch or something?"
They won't care about lee being a wrestler.

Along as lee talks shit, we have kevin lee striking highlights.....the typical fan won't give a shit.

They won't care about lee being a wrestler.

Along as lee talks shit, we have kevin lee striking highlights.....the typical fan won't give a shit.

I know you really want this fight, but it would be dumb for Conor and for the UFC from a long-term business perspective. I think they're smarter than that. Now Scott Coker on the other hand would probably do it...

Thank you for justifying his pussyness.

No shit, the kevin lee fight, a legit fight is harder for Conor than fights he already won, like Nate/Poirer/Aldo....so of course he will duck.

This is what Conor does...ducks fighters better than him unless he has to fight them...Khabib was champ, if khabib wasnt champ...Conor would never fight him.

As for how much money lee vs Conor will make..it will make a lot.

Kevin Lee is very good at shit talking...He could be a huge ppv star if he gets the exposure.

It will make great numbers..sure it isnt an easy fight like nate, which is also a guranteed money making fight..but Lee vs Conor has lota of potential.
do you find it strange saying he's ducking after willingly campaigning to fight his worst matchup in the division

you're way too fat to be talking this much shit

I'm a huge Conor fan and I don't like the Lee fight for him. There's a reason that Lee has been avoiding him like the plague for years, he's not a 21 year old kid anymore, he's now in his prime. Heck even Tony Ferguson doesn't want that rematch after what he felt from a severely staph infected, relatively green Lee.

He's fighting Al Iaquinta next, and there's a high chance Al beats him...again.

Wow! You are actually a conor fan ts.. in some strange fucking way..

How far down the lw ladder will you follow him? Will you still spam the forum when he's fighting for the 13th spot?

He's fighting Al Iaquinta next, and there's a high chance Al beats him...again.

Al barely squeaked by a Lee that was barely out of high school and wrestling for only a few years of his life while Al was a grown man with 15 years experience. You will be shocked by a now prime Lee's dominance in the rematch.

Back