Fairtex BGL6 question

Jonathan Mohr

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Anyone who owns Fairtex BGL6, I would like to know if the gloves have a finger tip pad in the hand compartment like some other Fairtex gloves? I am interested in some new bag/pad gloves, looking at BGL6, BGV7, and BGL9.

I bought a pair of Boon 16oz lace ups last week, they weighed in at 12.5 and 12.7oz! They are nice looking gloves, but I am going to call Title Monday and see what my options are, not real pleased as I wanted 16oz gloves. I could tolerate an ounce or so off, but 3.5oz? C'mon Boon, such nice gloves for a decent price, but then no standards and measures? Too bad, they look well made and I love the rich brown color. I may end up with them, if Title wants me to pay return shipping I'll just hold on to them.

Anyway, looking at Fairtex as I've had great experiences with their gloves. Also, any opinions/input on these 3 gloves is welcomed. So does BGL6 have a finger pad? Thanks in advance Sherdoggers!

Last edited:
I'm not to sure if the BGL6 means they are identical to the BGV6 just lace up, but if it is then it would have the finger pad (Which I didn't like), the BGL6 would also be unsuitable for pad and bag work if it was like the BGV6 as it's got soft padding designed for sparring, you'd be best off getting the BGV9 or the BGL7

Good to know, thanks for the input. On a side note, Title gave me a $40.00 store credit for the underweight Boon lace ups, great customer service. Now problem is what else to get from Title, nothing really speaking to me. How does BGV1 fare as a boxing glove? No grip bar right? Don't think I'd like em.
May save the credit for a rainy day.

Good to know, thanks for the input. On a side note, Title gave me a $40.00 store credit for the underweight Boon lace ups, great customer service. Now problem is what else to get from Title, nothing really speaking to me. How does BGV1 fare as a boxing glove? No grip bar right? Don't think I'd like em.
May save the credit for a rainy day.

BGV1 has very little wrist support, and I don't think it has a grip bar (Been a long while since I owned a pair) the BGV9 to me is the best Fairtex Glove on the market.

If Title carried the BGV9 or BGL7, I would buy one of those, but they have BGV1's and super bag gloves

If Title carried the BGV9 or BGL7, I would buy one of those, but they have BGV1's and super bag gloves

I've got 0 experience with the Super Bag Gloves, the BGV1's are solid gloves but don't have much wrist support so you could hurt yourself on the heavy bag with them if your technique isn't 100%

Back