Fairtex BGV1 Review

Yeah, Fairtex = Reyes is a joke.

Fairtex isn't bad at all, just don't suite everyone... but Reyes are another league.

Yeah, Fairtex = Reyes is a joke.

Fairtex isn't bad at all, just don't suite everyone... but Reyes are another league.

Honestly, man, everybody has their preference. Reyes gloves, arguably, use the nicest leather in boxing as well as top-level craftsmanship. They're some of the most respected gloves around and the brand is synonymous with Mexican boxing. But Reyes gloves can also be uncomfortable (the Reyes thumb, the longer cuff, somewhat strange hand compartment, unexceptional padding). The same can be true of Thai gloves as evidenced by this review. The Bgv 1s are Fairtex's marquee gloves afterall. Personally, I'd take a pair of Bgv 1s over the Reyes training gloves I have. There's probably a number of people on here that would say the same. It's not a joke; it's what works for you and your training needs as you somewhat mentioned. Cheers.

The same flipside can be said about fairtex and thats what Im saying the thumb is awkward the leather feels cheap in comparison to reyes. I agree that reyes soft padding can bother people but fairtex is the flipside when it absorbs very little whereas reyes absorbs. Albiet not alot but some, anyone that has used both gloves can confirm this.

Honestly, man, everybody has their preference. Reyes gloves, arguably, use the nicest leather in boxing as well as top-level craftsmanship. They're some of the most respected gloves around and the brand is synonymous with Mexican boxing. But Reyes gloves can also be uncomfortable (the Reyes thumb, the longer cuff, somewhat strange hand compartment, unexceptional padding). The same can be true of Thai gloves as evidenced by this review. The Bgv 1s are Fairtex's marquee gloves afterall. Personally, I'd take a pair of Bgv 1s over the Reyes training gloves I have. There's probably a number of people on here that would say the same. It's not a joke; it's what works for you and your training needs as you somewhat mentioned. Cheers.

I agree, Its all a matter of personal preference. I love Fairtex gloves and every time I try something different, I'm pretty dissapointed and go back to Fairtex. They work for me. Obviously Reyes is higher quality, they cost at least 2x as much so its really pretty stupid to compare the two, apples/oranges thing. I know TONS of people who love their fairtex gloves but to be fair, none of them have Winning and Reyes to compare them to so it is what it is.

One thing that blows my mind is how so many people drool all over boon glove nuts like they are anything special, my friends who live and train in Thailand dont like them and say they arent common there. I have had 3 pairs of them and I am consistantly dissapointed. In fact, I have a pair of boons and a pair of fairtex right in front of me as I type this and my mind is blown at the idea that boon is better in any way, shape or form (other than possibly fitting one person better than another).

Anyways, Fartex BGV-1 is still a go to glove for me, it absorbs plenty of shock for me, fits my hand well, lasts a long time and feels good. I cant say the same for Boon, Topkink and Raja gloves.

Anyways, Fartex BGV-1 is still a go to glove for me, it absorbs plenty of shock for me, fits my hand well, lasts a long time and feels good. I cant say the same for Boon, Topkink and Raja gloves.

What about Twins?

What about Twins?

I like twins but I find the hand compartment size is a crapshoot. And their 16oz gloves are huge. One other problem is that Twins is heavily counterfitted in Asia so its always a crapshoot buying them. When I get to Thailand in a few weeks ill take a look at some twins and windys.

Agreed. Lower weight Twins are too tight and most importantly too short for me, while 16 oz. are ridiculous is size (still less ridiculous than Top King though lol).

But the padding is nice.

Also I really like Windy prolines, but not sure how durable the padding is...

Agreed. Lower weight Twins are too tight and most importantly too short for me, while 16 oz. are ridiculous is size (still less ridiculous than Top King though lol).

But the padding is nice.

Also I really like Windy prolines, but not sure how durable the padding is...

yeah IF I buy any gloves in Thailand, it will be windy prolines, thats really the only Thai glove I'm interested in at this point.

Anyone knows a good deal on BGV1s in the US? You guys are making me want to try them again. Last time I had a pair, it was the breathable ones and the padding was very dense. Not sure they were the real deal.

I have those in 16, I'm going to pick up some in 12 when I go to Thailand.

If my wife gets her tourist visa then I'm coming back to the states for 2 weeks. If that happens, I'll karma off a pair of limited edition fairtexes here on the g&e

I'm a fan on fairtex, I have a few different types, I thought it is worth a mention that my BGV1-B actually has a grip bar and the leather seems better quality than the standard BGV1, I actually prefer the BGV1-B to the BGV9, after 3 years of heavy use they are still in mint condition and smell like new

Yeah I did notice that as well Muchetto that the Mesh palm version does indeed have a grip bar.

I haven't seen any reviews of the breathable ones, it's a shame because to me they are better gloves, nicer colours (I have them in red and they have much darker deeper red than my standard BGV1) IMO they are a better shape too, the back of the hand is flat so looks a more attractive glove but still has the same protection when covering up, only subtle differences to the eye but makes a noticeable difference to the performance. They are so comfy after being broken in that I annoyingly keep going back to them after shedding out more money for new gloves

I haven't seen any reviews of the breathable ones, it's a shame because to me they are better gloves, nicer colours (I have them in red and they have much darker deeper red than my standard BGV1) IMO they are a better shape too, the back of the hand is flat so looks a more attractive glove but still has the same protection when covering up, only subtle differences to the eye but makes a noticeable difference to the performance. They are so comfy after being broken in that I annoyingly keep going back to them after shedding out more money for new gloves

No reviews of the breathable....throw one up for us. Would be very interested in reading it.

For those of us that like to clinch (read: me haha), generally speaking, we're not real fans of mesh palms. However, who knows, your review might change my mind! :icon_chee

Master Wong loves the Breathable.

For the record I love this guy, lol I watch his stuff all the time!

Back