Fairtex BGV1 Review

Master Wong is beyond mere reviews, he's pure comedy gold! :icon_lol:

Dude the guy imo really does know his stuff but yes, watching his training vids or reviews is funny as hell.

once I spit my soda over the "how to avoid the choke" training video ill see if I can dig it up.

It's a pretty decent glove, great for pads/heavy bag and should be fine for sparring.

The leather is smooth and not sticky which is awesome. The cuff size is ok, but if you have small wrists like me you'll have to overlap a little.

Dude the guy imo really does know his stuff but yes, watching his training vids or reviews is funny as hell.

once I spit my soda over the "how to avoid the choke" training video ill see if I can dig it up.

Is it this?

[YT]5KfsWP_V4mw[/YT]

Strato, I see you're in Biloxi. Where do you train? I'm over in Gulfport so I was just curious. I go to Alan Belcher MMA.

This is it

[Yt]cgnsRRKZnhA[/MEDIA]

Seriously watch the 1st few seconds lmao over and over again.
you can tell that is NOT fake. Anyone that's been hit there before knows EXACTLY what that guy felt.

From his website

"Master Wong originally came to England at the age of ten as a refugee from Vietnam. He first took up Martial Arts as a result of being bullied at school. Starting his training with a Chinese Master in the UK Sifu Wong progressed quickly in skill and after 5 years travelled to Hong Kong and Mainland China to study with a variety of Chinese masters in his early twenties. Successfully learning a wide variety of Martial Arts has given Sifu Wong a foundation and skill level rarely seen in the Martial Arts world. Allowing him to provide a unique and highly comprehensive method of training separating the real from the fake and bridging the gap between relaxation and fitness to application and combat."

Cannot believe somebody believes this shit. What a shame...

Btw considering he came to England when he was 10 years old his English is even worse than his kung fu lol

Actually I know quite a lot about Wing Chun. I really like this style (though it is not my cup of tea) and have had a chance to see and train with some of the best masters in the world (from China and HK)... This guy is... lol

Last edited:
From his website

"Master Wong originally came to England at the age of ten as a refugee from Vietnam. He first took up Martial Arts as a result of being bullied at school. Starting his training with a Chinese Master in the UK Sifu Wong progressed quickly in skill and after 5 years travelled to Hong Kong and Mainland China to study with a variety of Chinese masters in his early twenties. Successfully learning a wide variety of Martial Arts has given Sifu Wong a foundation and skill level rarely seen in the Martial Arts world. Allowing him to provide a unique and highly comprehensive method of training separating the real from the fake and bridging the gap between relaxation and fitness to application and combat."

Cannot believe somebody believes this shit. What a shame...

Btw considering he came to England when he was 10 years old his English is even worse than his kung fu lol

Actually I know quite a lot about Wing Chun. I really like this style (though it is not my cup of tea) and have had a chance to see and train with some of the best masters in the world (from China and HK)... This guy is... lol

If you dig up his old wing chun videos with the dummy you will notice he does not swear. He might be a fraud, but he is a great business man.

I personally find that the hand compartment and wrist support on these gloves is terrible, which is normal since they're meant for Muay Thai and not for real boxing. If you're serious about punching get something like Grant, Reyes or high-end Everlast.

I'm guessing he only has that "accent" in these videos lol. I hope he just puts these up for humor because these techniques are ridiculous. If he is serious though, he's just another delusional nut job out there. I was wearing a T-shirt from my gym one day and I was checking out at Blockbuster, the front desk guy told me how he had no respect for the UFC because he knew there were thousands of guys from Traditional Martial Arts disciplines who could "disassemble anyone of those guys in about 30 seconds" but they simply didn't want to. I just smiled and left.

I'm a huge fan of the BGV1 gloves. I like pretty much all Fairtex gear. They seem to last an eternity. My Fairtex Thai Pads fell apart last week after 3 years of use (though they can probably be salvaged).

We have a shipment of BGV1 due to arrive at our warehouse in about 3 weeks. Feel free to check out our store then. We have all of the normal colors, as well as some of their collection series.

We also have every style/size of their thai pads coming in - with every color variation.

I'll try and post some pics once the shipment comes in, as well as a coupon code for Sherdog buyers.

I'm a huge fan of the BGV1 gloves. I like pretty much all Fairtex gear. They seem to last an eternity. My Fairtex Thai Pads fell apart last week after 3 years of use (though they can probably be salvaged).

We have a shipment of BGV1 due to arrive at our warehouse in about 3 weeks. Feel free to check out our store then. We have all of the normal colors, as well as some of their collection series.

We also have every style/size of their thai pads coming in - with every color variation.

I'll try and post some pics once the shipment comes in, as well as a coupon code for Sherdog buyers.

Looking forward to it. Just got the chance to try the BGV1 for the first time....loved the feel, craftsmanship, everything. Keep us posted Jason:)

Looking forward to it. Just got the chance to try the BGV1 for the first time....loved the feel, craftsmanship, everything. Keep us posted Jason:)

Love me some bgv1. I have a few pairs around.

Back