Fairtex BGV9 Review with pics

ElvisFan9889

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Manufacturer's description:

High density, compressed training gloves for heavy pounding on bags, pads, and focus mitts. Not recommended for sparring.
Efficiently balanced for an extra-tight fit. Extended, triple-ribbed sleeve with Velcro cuff provides maximum support without restriction of movement. Locked pre-curved thumb helps prevent eye and thumb injuries.
Dual-layered latex foam core delivers protection with solid force-feedback. Handmade in Thailand.
Top grain leather shell.
Triple-layer latex foam core for heavy impact absorption.
Contoured hand compartment and pre-curved thumb.

Cost: $102.55, no import fees

The gloves themselves cost $79.95

Fit: I heard a lot of people describe these gloves as super stiff from the start, and its kind of true. There are sleek like a good mexican glove, but the foam is far from the hardest padding I've ever used. My old everlast pro training gloves were much harder than these.

My gloves sat on the Fed Ex truck all day in 20 degree weather, and they're still not that stiff. They are somewhat springy feeling. I still wouldn't use these against someone, but they aren't as stiff as some people have built them up to be.

These gloves fit my hands perfectly, suffice to say these are my favorite hook and look gloves. The wrist support is ideal. The leather cuff is just long enough to give great support, but not so long that it hangs over the cuff. It's "just right", as far as length.

I did notice that extra piece of leather people mention, but its just like they put a piece of leather at the tip. It doesn't bother me whatsoever and i find I can make a great fist, although, it's damn near impossible at this point to open up my fist.

Quality: Come on guys, this is a custom made Fairtex item, all the stitches are in place and looks great, enough said

Interior: I've also heard some talk about these gloves having rough material in the knuckle area. Well, this is also kind of true. It's not silk, but its still pretty easy on the hands. My old Zepol's were a lot rougher than these are. With basic mexican style handraps, It's even harder to notice.

Protection: I find these gloves are the best of both worlds. You get a fantastic "pop", but your hands are well protected. Since they are mexican style, they do feel a little lighter than a traditional glove so they helps you feel even more powerful...

Summary
+Great Padding
+ Wrist support is great, length is just right
+High quality craftsmanship
+/ -Handmade gloves may have subtle difference between them, but they are both very very close as far as look and feel
-Durability? These glove certainly look like they will last, time will tell though

Cons

-That piece of leather might both some people, but I can make a great fist with it, this is really kind of neutral
-Thumb is pulled in slightly when you make a fist (I'm really reaching here as this isn't really problematic.)

I honestly love these gloves. The fit, finish and padding is just awesome, and for the price you are getting handmade glove with attention to detail and great protection and "pop", not sure if you could get a better glove.

2zfsxg9.jpg

317k21k.jpg

21lixrs.jpg

313m0jb.jpg

Those are nice looking gloves i like them for pad-work. White gloves are always a great choice

Great review and gloves.
I have a question regarding the inside lining. Does the lining look cheap and are they baggy? I have reyes lace up gloves but the lining is too baggy that sometimes i jam my fingers inside the lining. Not a big deal though. Just wondering how is lining in fairtex gloves.
Thanks.

Thanks for the question,

I'm surprised to hear that about the reyes, but on these gloves, the interior is as tight as your skin is over your muscles lol, but seriously it is perfectly glued down really tight over the foam. There's nothing about the lining that you have to fight through to make a good fist

Thanks for the question,

I'm surprised to hear that about the reyes, but on these gloves, the interior is as tight as your skin is over your muscles lol, but seriously it is perfectly glued down really tight over the foam. There's nothing about the lining that you have to fight through to make a good fist

Thanks for the reply. How long did it take to make the custom gloves and where do you live? I assume you live in Asian country since the shipping price is pretty cheap.

It took exactly 4 weeks from the date production on them began. I've bought other stuff from them that took like 7 weeks. Usually march/april they get very busy, so it didn't take all that long this time of year. Nope, I live in the heart of the USA, not sure why shipping was relatively cheap at $25 but it didn't cost all that much.

It took exactly 4 weeks from the date production on them began. I've bought other stuff from them that took like 7 weeks. Usually march/april they get very busy, so it didn't take all that long this time of year. Nope, I live in the heart of the USA, not sure why shipping was relatively cheap at $25 but it didn't cost all that much.

Thanks for the reply. wow shipping via Fedex from Thailand to US for only $25? They quoted me $26 for Fedex shipping to where i live. I live in Singapore (southeast asia) very near to Thailand actually.

Why are you selling them out of interest?

These reviews by the TS are pretty pointless. This is about the 3rd or 4th "review" I've seen like this.

Not that I dont appreciate the effort, but basically the TS buys a pair of gloves, takes some pictures after trying them on, and then sells them on Ebay usually claiming they are brand new (which I'm sure they are).

I mean how does that help anyone?

You can't review something you've never actually used IMO.

These reviews by the TS are pretty pointless. This is about the 3rd or 4th "review" I've seen like this.

Not that I dont appreciate the effort, but basically the TS buys a pair of gloves, takes some pictures after trying them on, and then sells them on Ebay usually claiming they are brand new (which I'm sure they are).

I mean how does that help anyone?

You can't review something you've never actually used IMO.

I agree, the review should at least come with the disclaimer that the product hasn't actually been used.. just tried on.

The review is written as if the item has been used, e.g.

I find these gloves are the best of both worlds. You get a fantastic "pop", but your hands are well protected.

Or I guess it's possible the gloves were very lightly used and are being sold as new on ebay which isn't exactly kosher either... still the reviews are misleading either way

I agree, the review should at least come with the disclaimer that the product hasn't actually been used.. just tried on.

The review is written as if the item has been used, e.g.

Or I guess it's possible the gloves were very lightly used and are being sold as new on ebay which isn't exactly kosher either... still the reviews are misleading either way

He seems to do that a lot, get gloves writes a review then sells them... it is kind of like GiReviews, they film the unboxing and give the initial impressions and call it a review.

I need to pay more attention. So every review that is posted goes to ebay?? Damn Ive missed out on some deals.

What is the TS?

I need to pay more attention. So every review that is posted goes to ebay?? Damn Ive missed out on some deals.

What is the TS?

Not so much...Apparently these went for $115! That's not cheap. I guess the OP likes to try different gloves and then sells them for a fair price.

Come on. Who here is not guilty of buying and selling equipment? Cut the guy a break :)

Actually Gus the listing didn't get any bids and was closed early, so we don't know how much the gloves sold for. It's not the fact he buys/sells gloves, it's the fact that his reviews are based on gloves that he hasn't even used.

ohhh the white is shining :p
thank for the revivew !
how they wrist support VS other glove you have ?

Back