Fairtex vs Raja vs Boon

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by JabJabHookYou, Jun 17, 2018.

1. dragonslive

dragonslive White Belt

I have also been looking at the 12oz BGV9's for bag/pads and I currently use Boon 16oz. What size Boon were too small inside for you? I find the 16oz Boon's rather big inside, but they may be smaller if they are 12oz?

2. listrahtes

listrahtes Brown Belt

I had ordered 12ozBoon and couldnt fit my hand in without bandages. I have normal sized hands. (180cm 185p)

dragonslive likes this.
  3. Ryyonvin

Ryyonvin Orange Belt

I got a new pair of 12oz boons Wednesday and used them for the first time this week. Prior to using them I had stuffed a pair of socks in them because they were definitely tight.

They've loosened up a bit and was able to wear them with wraps with no discomfort. Didn't hit them on the bag or pads yet, just partner drills and then some sparring and I'm still a big fan of the brand.

I can say though that my older pair was definitely wider in the hand compartment than this newer pair. Old pair was 14oz Velcro vs 12oz laceup for the new pair

4. dragonslive

dragonslive White Belt

I just weighed my 16oz Boon's I bought 6 months ago. They both weigh in exactly at 14.0 oz! I wonder how much the 12 oz actually weigh? :p

5. shincheckin

shincheckin Brown Belt

id go with boon or raja in that order.

Ryyonvin likes this.
  6. Ryyonvin

Ryyonvin Orange Belt

I’ll weigh em out next time I have access to a food scale

7. TKOkid86

TKOkid86 White Belt

I love the fairtex hands down. I got several pairs for my gym and they just last