Fake comic book fans

There's no need to protect the sanctity of fandom. Being a fan could be as little as saying "oh I like watching that!" it's not your place to decide if another person enjoys something correctly. There aren't rules.

Was a comic book fan. Don't mind at all their fake popularity because it magnifies the fact that the actual comic book industry is dying. If these companies don't make money in this environment they must get better at making comic books which are mostly hot trash these days. If Funko Pops can do it then how in the fuck can the actual comic book not?

'Nerd' culture in general is so tiresome. I play tabletop games like Hail Caesar and Kings of War and have been off and on since the early 90s.

There's so many posers now who just come to the FLGS and take up space playing stupid card and board games they could just play at home and using up all the tables.

We get it. You're neeeeerds now GTFO and onto the next trend.

There's no need to protect the sanctity of fandom. Being a fan could be as little as saying "oh I like watching that!" it's not your place to decide if another person enjoys something correctly. There aren't rules.

Maybe not. But reading shit on wikipedia and then pretending to have actually read the source material is annoying regardless of context.

Maybe not. But reading shit on wikipedia and then petending to have actually read the source material is annoying regardless of context.
Everyone displays their ignorance one way or another.

How dare someonw claim to like something but not as much as I like it. Triggered.

Its crazy how sensationalised everything has become. I'm a grown up lol but I still love comics and comic related multi-media (movies, series , cartoons etc). There are a lot of people that claim to be comic book fans but have never actually collected comic books. It's kind of odd to me. Its like people today like the culture of ideas as instead of the actual idea its self.
If a person was into hot rods for example I could understand how they may become familiar with car models and parts before they were actually able to build a car because of financial factors. But with comic books... they are cheap lol like really cheap. So anyone claiming to be a comic book fan but doesn't own a single comic book seems silly to me. If a person is a fan of Marvel or DC movies they should say that.
I think its more the idea that people have this innate need to be a part of something... Comic book culture is no different I guess.

Silly? I sold my collection a long time ago and if there is something I want to read, I check out a digital print of it, because I have no desire to crowd my house with physical books anymore. So tell me exactly how I am somehow less of a fan than a person that owns boxes of books? Am I not a fan of comic movies as well since I only have digital copies and not Blu-Rays?

I get what you’re saying though. Culture vultures are cancerous to things people hold dear to them, but life is too short to be that worried over it. If someone is talking out their ass about comics, just clue them in and maybe create a new collector.

I used to have huge collections of comics and records. Once I was able to have all that shit accessible digitally, I got the fuck rid of it and it felt great. Physical media is almost entirely useless to me.

I agree to certain extent, a lot of people can name comic book heroes but no story arcs but they like the aesthetics of a character

it's whatever, but knowledgeable comic fans like @Dragonlordxxxxx and @Anung Un Rama know DC>Marvel

I don't know anyone who claims to be a comic book fan without reading comic books. I do however know plenty of people who call themselves fans of superheroes because they know they don't care for comic books.

Silly? I sold my collection a long time ago and if there is something I want to read, I check out a digital print of it, because I have no desire to crowd my house with physical books anymore. So tell me exactly how I am somehow less of a fan than a person that owns boxes of books? Am I not a fan of comic movies as well since I only have digital copies and not Blu-Rays?

I get what you’re saying though. Culture vultures are cancerous to things people hold dear to them, but life is too short to be that worried over it. If someone is talking out their ass about comics, just clue them in and maybe create a new collector.
Lol a digital book is still a book. Never said they had to physical copies. The point was a fan would take time to read something they are interested in. I guess that went over your head.

I don't know anyone who claims to be a comic book fan without reading comic books. I do however know plenty of people who call themselves fans of superheroes because they know they don't care for comic books.

Yeah most folks I've encountered are not that detailed or specific in their general speech or thoughts. Where do to you live Oxford?? Lol

I used to have huge collections of comics and records. Once I was able to have all that shit accessible digitally, I got the fuck rid of it and it felt great. Physical media is almost entirely useless to me.

That's silly why would you get rid of stuff you put time effort and money into collecting?? For money I guess but for space? Physical media like books?? Lol!

Well fan is short for "fanatic" I didn't make this phrase so I can't change it. I think more so people use words they don't really understand. And yes, there are rules in speech and language silly goose lol

Well fan is short for "fanatic" I didn't make this phrase so I can't change it. I think more so people use words they don't really understand. And yes, there are rules in speech and language silly goose lol
There aren't rules in saying I'm a fan of something. The are semantics. And that's all you're working off of. Technicalities. That doesn't make the word fanatic any stronger, it just shows your lack of willingness to accept that someone doesn't appreciate something to your level. THAT doesn't change how much or less they like that one thing. To be a fan all it takes is one person to say they are. You're getting into the literal term instead of the character of a fan that everyone else is talking about. If what you say was true, fan clubs wouldn't be half as big as they are. it's not a secret society.

There aren't rules in saying I'm a fan of something. The are semantics. And that's all you're working off of. Technicalities. That doesn't make the word fanatic any stronger, it just shows your lack of willingness to accept that someone doesn't appreciate something to your level. THAT doesn't change how much or less they like that one thing. To be a fan all it takes is one person to say they are. You're getting into the literal term instead of the character of a fan that everyone else is talking about. If what you say was true, fan clubs wouldn't be half as big as they are. it's not a secret society.

Yeah there are rules to the English language regardless of if you want to acknowledge them or not. Fan is short for fanatic and fanatic has a specific definition. This is why there is so much miscommunication in America people can't even verbally convey their thoughts properly. But some how feel they are in a position to correct the next man.. laughable.

Its getting popular so band wagoners will jump.

Reminds of a guy who said he's a mma fan yet knew nothing outside of a few big names from UFC

Yeah there are rules to the English language regardless of if you want to acknowledge them or not. Fan is short for fanatic and fanatic has a specific definition. This is why there is so much miscommunication in America people can't even verbally convey their thoughts properly. But some how feel they are in a position to correct the next man.. laughable.
No, you're literally trying to not understand a point people are making. And hiding behind a definition to win an argument rather than understand a point. Youre continuing the miscommunication by not trying to understand. When someone says fan, they dont mean the literal sense. Who cares if it's not proper. You understood, dont ruin the communicarion. That's what dumb grammar nazis do who only want to win instead of understand the COMMUNICATION ATTEMPT DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THEM. When you communicate the word fan, we all know know the word fanatic has a meaning. But people dont take its sur term literally when they say fan. As I said before fan clubs would be a lot smaller, and less people would be having fun.

You coming and throwing the dictionary in their face when you know what theyre talking about, but you play dumb because it's not proper? Screw off. That's horrible communication. The English language is mostly reliant on understanding what people are saying instead of being proper. Go troll your dictionary somewhere else. You've been avoiding my points with all those defintions.

Its getting popular so band wagoners will jump.

Reminds of a guy who said he's a mma fan yet knew nothing outside of a few big names from UFC
Kind of exactly my point. Thank you for putting my words into proper context.

No, you're literally trying to not understand a point people are making. And hiding behind a definition to win an argumen rather than understand a point. Youre continuing the miscommunication by not trying to understand. When someone says fan, they dont mean the literal sense. Who cares if it's not proper. You understood, dont ruin the communicarion. That's what dumb grammar nazis do who only want to win instead of understand the COMMUNICATION ATTEMPT DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THEM. When you communicate the word fan, we all know know the word fanatic has a meaning. But people dont take its sur term literally when they say fan. As I said before fan clubs would be a lot smaller, and less people would be having fun.

You coming and throwing the dictionary in their face when you know what theyre talking about, but you play dumb because it's not proper? Screw off. That's horrible communication. The English language is mostly reliant on understanding what people are saying instead of being proper. Go troll your dictionary somewhere else. You've been avoiding my points with all those defintions.

No your just not that smart and lack proper context or understanding.

Back