FAKE Gloves Thread ebay, Grants, Reyes.

billyboxer

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Found some pretty nice fakes on ebay uk right now.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281860821415?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

What
Are
 THO
    O
     O
     o
      o
     o
     。
    。
    se

I love that video you linked Kush. Some very valid points on the video although at times the experts get a little too carried away with the truth.

Yeah apart from brand copyrights I can't see anything dangerous about the punch bags considering you can buy empty branded bags and fill them yourself anyway. Biggest problem with fake stuff is getting ripped off paying Fairtex prices for RDX quality.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-A...236043?hash=item3abb956fcb:g:0RMAAOSw5VFWHAPP

Hey guys. Just a disclaimer about these gloves I just linked to. I bought a pair from this guy. Tells me he got them from Grant for a friends and family discount, which makes no sense from a business standpoint.

He shows me a receipt for like one or two pairs from about two years ago. I get the gloves, and honestly, they look really freaking believable. But the leather quality was absolute crap, and the padding was paper thin. The warning inside the glove looked way different, and the "16" oz tag looked super fake as well. The logo and shape looked good, but they felt like crap. Funny, they did weigh 16 oz each.

I took pics, sent to Grant, and they said that the gloves did look authentic, but I don't think they paid attention to the tags and whatnot, or maybe they just don't care. But the gloves felt terrible, honestly the worst quality.

This eBayer sells like 2 or three pair every couple of months. He has a steady stream coming in. I didn't negative 'rec him because I got my money back. Funny when I called him out, he was like "what about the gloves seemed fake?" in a very honest way, as if he was gathering intel to make better fake copies. The pair I received looked an awful lot like the Sabas gloves I've seen online, but that might just be me being paranoid.

Also, I know for dang sure that the older logo pairs he used to sell on eBay were fake. Grant even posted a pic of them on their site. The logo and shape was off. He might just be stepping up his game, or Grant might be making some shoddy B-grade grants to sell on the side, which they apparently have done before.

Not that great of deal, but beware anyways.

Attachments

• Grant bought 1.jpg
    Grant bought 1.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Grant bought 2.jpg
    Grant bought 2.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Grant bought 3.jpg
    Grant bought 3.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Grant bought 4.jpg
    Grant bought 4.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Grant bought 5.jpg
    Grant bought 5.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 31
  • fake grant warning.jpg
    fake grant warning.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 32
I also bought from these guy and got my money back.
I reported him to eBay, but I can see nothing has happened.
This crook told me he did not know the gloves were fake. He was going to talk to his distributor lol.

That's right, I remember you told me. If you report it to eBay as fake, there's a chance you get your money back and they tell you to destroy the gloves. Didn't you buy a pair that had the older Grant logo on them?

I'm seeing his feedback, and he's sold like 4 pair with positive feedback which sucks.

I did return them and I got my money back. I reported the issue to eBay, but the seller is still able to sell the same item with the same pictures.
I then bought a real pair from Grant and am very happy with the choice.

Just exchanged messages with the seller....

I think there's a possibility that this seller is selling b-grade grants. Like honestly. It sort of checks out. I mean, Grant has done this in the past. Grants split thumb has a pretty unique feel, and the pair I bought had that grant thumb... I don't even know anymore.

I looked over my email I sent grant, with the detailed shots of the gloves. They did say that the gloves looked authentic. Maybe those boys at Grant are looking to pull a fast one.

Gus, what about your gloves seemed fake?

They had a label 'made in Pakistan'!!!! No kidding! The padding was very thin, the leather was sub-par and there was something of with the segmented cuff. The overall cut looked authentic.

That's interesting, I've contemplated ordering from them

These are the same gloves I sent back to Electric. He says that the leather is just like the Sabas gloves, it's probably because the Sabas manufacturer made these gloves.

No horsehair in these haha.

Back