Fall foliage in Kentucky.

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
My family is planning to go to Kentucky to look at fall foliage. What would you say is the peak time for the foliage?

giphy.gif

My family is planning to go to Kentucky to look at fall foliage. What would you say is the peak time for the foliage?

Where are you going ? Elevation is gonna have big effect on that . I'm in central VA , and up in the Blue ridge Mountains , which are only an hour or so away , there's probably a 2 week or more difference in peak color.

For fall Foliage, probably sometime in the Fall. And why go to Kentucky for that? NJ has great Fall Foliage

Planning a trip.........to kentucky.........for different shades of leaves...

Some time in the last half October is as close as you can narrow it down. It depends on a lot of things like exact location and elevation. But the most important thing is the weather that particular year, and there's no way to predict that. What was the peak last fall could be two weeks late this coming fall.

Where are you going ? Elevation is gonna have big effect on that . I'm in central VA , and up in the Blue ridge Mountains , which are only an hour or so away , there's probably a 2 week or more difference in peak color.

We're gonna stay in Memphis 2 nights.

Back