Fallout 4 is the most brutal unforgiving game ever made

Really sucks that money is pointless because they don’t sell any special stuff. You pretty much craft your special weapon.. wish there was like a special area with a guy who sold super rare powered stuff.

ive been playing this game for like 3 months strait and god damn it amazing. literally put everything else on the back burner to focus on this.<20>

Really sucks that money is pointless because they don’t sell any special stuff. You pretty much craft your special weapon.. wish there was like a special area with a guy who sold super rare powered stuff.
that's what mods are for

So what are some of your guys’ favourite perks?

I think amazing combinations make for crazy fun. Thanks to this thread I started another playthrough with a gunslinger Luck/agility/perception build and wooooow it's fun. Being able to use crits on demand from critical banker makes so many tough situations hilarious. Get ambushed by 4 guys? One crit headshot to each and the fight is over in a second.

I think amazing combinations make for crazy fun. Thanks to this thread I started another playthrough with a gunslinger Luck/agility/perception build and wooooow it's fun. Being able to use crits on demand from critical banker makes so many tough situations hilarious. Get ambushed by 4 guys? One crit headshot to each and the fight is over in a second.
This is what I’ve been wanting to do on my next playthrough. I watched a YT channel where these two guys have a bunch of builds you can try. The luck/agility/perception “gunslinger” build looked insanely fun. I can’t even fathom having so many crits available.

My first playthrough was mostly just a “jack of all trades” build. Mostly rifles but it was my first time.

My favourite though was a heavy endurance/strength melee build. I was going through super mutants like butter.

This is what I’ve been wanting to do on my next playthrough. I watched a YT channel where these two guys have a bunch of builds you can try. The luck/agility/perception “gunslinger” build looked insanely fun. I can’t even fathom having so many crits available.

My first playthrough was mostly just a “jack of all trades” build. Mostly rifles but it was my first time.

My favourite though was a heavy endurance/strength melee build. I was going through super mutants like butter.

Yeah my first playthrough I basically played it like an fps with sneaking. It sounded powerful but the way crit works in the game (you can't miss) and then the stacking hit percent skill from perception make you crazy lethal even at long distance. It's crazy. It is tough playing a low charisma build at first though.

I just put everything I could into weapon/armor modding perks, whenever I could.

Kind of dull from a powergaming perspective, but at least I got to explore how good you could make your equipment.

Plus, a lot of the weapon mods changes the way the weapons handle pretty significantly, so it isn't just about getting the best stats. Do it wrong and you might get a weapon that is really good on paper, but handles in such an awkward manner that you just don't feel like using it.

My other priority was settlement building, again just to explore its limits. You get by in the game just fine without investing heavily in combat-oriented perks anyway.

If I hadn't invested so heavily in modding and settlement building, I suspect I would have missed out on a lot. Seeing as the game puts quite a lot of emphasis on collecting spare parts and whatnot.

the pistol damage perks were my Rock in survival mode

needed my build to revolve around 10 mm bullets because other ammo takes longer to find starting out

sneak criticals on survival were also my everything

fast and loud went out the window as I refused to wear any armor whatsoever besides clothes

needed my build to revolve around 10 mm bullets because other ammo takes longer to find starting out

(edit: just realized you said survival mode. Haven't played it myself, so I don't know if what I've written below is even possible in that mode.)

I solved the ammo problem pretty early on by growing cash crops. I just bought whatever ammo I needed. And once you get the more powerful guns (hunting rifle and upwards), you spend much less ammo since a couple of headshots is enough for most enemies.

Like most people, it did build a pretty sweet .38 weapon out of a pipe gun in the early stages of the game. Stock, large mag, rather high rate of fire, a scope and a couple of mods to make it more powerful. Very versatile. Kept using it for quite a while after I'd gotten more powerful alternatives, for blowing up mines from a distance or as a last-resort in case I ran out of ammo during longer dungeon crawls.

sneak criticals on survival were also my everything

fast and loud went out the window as I refused to wear any armor whatsoever besides clothes
Did you use the ballistic weave mod?

Pfft, you clearly haven't played Mario Maker on Super Expert no level skips, or Celeste, or Cloudberry Kingdom.

Last edited:
building up a blade runner type shanty in sanctuary will take pics when im done
you cant make your damn robots work a restaurant can you?:mad:

building up a blade runner type shanty in sanctuary will take pics when im done
you cant make your damn robots work a restaurant can you?:mad:
I tried to get some of the graygarden robos to run some shops and it glitched and unassigned everything.

Back