FALLOUT 4 Official Discussion: Super Stimpak Edition

PAUonePUNCH

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
And here we go! Get you Med-X and Stimpaks ready because it time to return to the wasteland.

https://fallout.bethsoft.com/

Bethesda Welcomes Us Home As Fallout 4 Is Officially (And Finally) Confirmed

f7YeXaJ.jpg

GuYpIl1.png

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! NO LAST GEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
[YT]U6GJfwCZoDw[/YT]

[YT]4IGdDEyi6GQ[/YT]

[YT]paYU1neP3xM[/YT]

Just been browsing pcmr and what not and apparently God Rays are killing performance even on Nvidia cards. The suggestion is to turn them to low or off, with the difference between low and high almost unnoticeable in quality but a huge jump in performance.

I never thought this day would come. I'm emotional.

I just ordered a fallout 4 loot crate. Hell, I can't even buy the game (only own ps3). Maybe gonna eBay it unless it's got a cool bobblehead.

I hate how consoles are fucking up PC gaming.

Hate to break this to you but there wouldn't be any AAA games without consoles. From an economic perspective, PC gamers are freeloaders. Without console owners to pay the massive development costs, PC gamers would be limited to indie games with small budgets.

So you're welcome. Enjoy FO4. ;)

Where is everyone preordering this (for PC)? I really don't want to spend any money on any collectibles, just the game and dlc.

Like most Bethesda games, take their release date, and add about 1.5 years onto it.

I'm not touching the game until the community fixes, just like Fallout 3, Skryim, and to a smaller extent, Oblivion.

this is breathtaking news. now only for the fabled release date

I soooooooooo badly want one of those "and its available now!" E3 announcements. Its not going to happen but a man can dream.

Where is everyone preordering this (for PC)? I really don't want to spend any money on any collectibles, just the game and dlc.

You should be able to get it at greenmangaming for at least 23% off and I'm sure cdkeys will have it for around that much or even less. I've already pre-purchsed from GMG with the 23% off coupon

Same problem as Skyrim, sounds like.

Its amazing how many bugs Bethesda carries over and refuses to fix.

Like the 60+ fps problem with their physics. If the game goes over 60fps the physics bug out and play a lot faster than they should. At 120fps, things physics objects like flying cans move twice as fast as they should.

This has been present since Oblivion. Its in FO3 and Skyrim as well. And there was already a video of 120fps gameplay posted on 4chan for FO4 that showed the bug is still there .

The worst part is, for each of those above games, there are mods that address it.

I soooooooooo badly want one of those "and its available now!" E3 announcements. Its not going to happen but a man can dream.

If only, if only. Unfortunately, we're probably looking at Nov-Dec 2016.

You should be able to get it at greenmangaming for at least 23% off and I'm sure cdkeys will have it for around that much or even less. I've already pre-purchsed from GMG with the 23% off coupon

I'm guesing there's no season pass yet to get all the DLC?

Like most Bethesda games, take their release date, and add about 1.5 years onto it.

I'm not touching the game until the community fixes, just like Fallout 3, Skryim, and to a smaller extent, Oblivion.

wow, dude, you are so cool.
How am i going to enjoy this game knowing that you aren't going to play until 2017?

I bet it's November this year. It's been 7 years since Fallout and 4 years since Skyrim. That's plenty of time, they've just done a nice job of keeping it under wraps. They're showing box art ffs.

wow, dude, you are so cool.
How am i going to enjoy this game knowing that you aren't going to play until 2017?

I don't know? Why are you asking me how to enjoy your games?

Or is your face so far in Bethesda's lap that you take any criticism of the game as a personal insult?

Ohhhhhhhh yes, I am counting the minutes until the trailer releases

[YT]FeNIS4xn8hc[/YT]

I'm glad they're keeping a lot of the same skills and perks. I hate it when games change their leveling system for no good reason.

I won't be picking bloody mess though. That thing made it impossible to find my loot in FO3.

So, is the game good? Is it worth for me to grab it or should I wait for the hype to settle to get a proper assessment?

Not gonna happen, but really wish this was bundled with a GPU.

So, is the game good? Is it worth for me to grab it or should I wait for the hype to settle to get a proper assessment?

So far it's a shitty Fallout game, but it's a decent action RPG.
Pretty much like 3 and NV, but with better combat.

Serious performance issues on console, with stuttering and framedrops and pretty bad load times etc, but it's probably worth suffering through it.

If you have a PC I'd say it's well worth it. Just spent 4 fucking hours just running around crafting stuff, fixing houses and basically playing it like it's Animal Crossing.

I am going to leave the bestest steam account ever for my kids.. Come to Papa, FO4!

I'm glad they're keeping a lot of the same skills and perks. I hate it when games change their leveling system for no good reason.

I won't be picking bloody mess though. That thing made it impossible to find my loot in FO3.

What are you talking about? They removed all skills / skill points and just added perk ranks and perks for every level up. They also removed traits it seems. In other words, they are simplifying the game as an rpg and putting more effort in shooting mechanics and cinematics (plus the dialog wheel, voice acting). I'm not happy at all with some of this stuff..

But of course I will still play the hell out of that thing when it comes out. :cool:

EDIT: About bloody mess: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/408560997422632969/

So far it's a shitty Fallout game, but it's a decent action RPG.
Pretty much like 3 and NV, but with better combat.

I don't understand these contradictions? "Shitty Fallout game" / Same as FO3 and NV with better combat?

What are you talking about? They removed all skills / skill points and just added perk ranks and perks for every level up. They also removed traits it seems. In other words, they are simplifying the game as an rpg and putting more effort in shooting mechanics and cinematics (plus the dialog wheel, voice acting). I'm not happy at all with some of this stuff..

But of course I will still play the hell out of that thing when it comes out. :cool:

They did? Looked the same from the vid I watched but admittedly I didn't really look into it that closely.

Geaf9f_EP5ab.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

Welcome Home

I don't understand these contradictions? "Shitty Fallout game" / Same as FO3 and NV with better combat?

Bethesda never made a good fallout game. 1 is a good fallout game. 2 is a great one. 3 is a TES game with a light dusting of fallout by people with no understanding of what made those games good. NV was a bit better with the world building and writing, but not all that much.

4 takes it even further towards being an action shooter than 3 was, and it's even less fallout. Still a good game though.

As long as it's this year I will be ecstatic.

If only, if only. Unfortunately, we're probably looking at Nov-Dec 2016.
F*** that!

I bet it's November this year. It's been 7 years since Fallout and 4 years since Skyrim. That's plenty of time, they've just done a nice job of keeping it under wraps. They're showing box art ffs.

giphy.gif

That sounds disappointing. Will see how it plays out. Maybe I'll end up liking this more. I do like the idea of more cinematics and depending on what they did with shooting mechanics might like that.

Reading alot of the reviews right now shitting on the RPG/dialogue aspect of the game. Son I am disappoint.

I haven't purchased a game, much less an RPG in years. So this was big on my list things to look forward to for 2015 (Yes, I have no life). I wanted an immersive dialogue heavy role playing game and instead it seems we got a shooter/minecraft hybrid. I blame COD.

Probably will just buy Fallout 3, since I was thinking of skipping over it and having my introduction to first person Fallout being FO 4.

Also to beat a dead horse, people were bitching that I was bitching about the new shelter building feature, stating that it's completely optional so why am I bitching. I complained that it will take away from the experience of the game in a way or another, and it seems like I was justified in my complaints. Mostly because looting was a fun part of the game for me, and reviewers were saying that now you just loot anything and everything that's not nailed down because it can be used for building.

I don't really know how to explain it, but it just of kills the fun of looting or finding random shit when you know everything is just an item for crafting a shelter. So what about the players like me that don't want to build a house, that ruins a looting aspect of the game for me, because now why would I want to pick anything up.

Here we gooooooo

That sounds disappointing. Will see how it plays out. Maybe I'll end up liking this more. I do like the idea of more cinematics and depending on what they did with shooting mechanics might like that.

That's not exactly what happening. They just handle it differently now. There are going to be something like 270 different perks still. You now level them up and the branch out like that if I understand correctly.

Reading alot of the reviews right now shitting on this game. Son I am disappoint.

I haven't purchased a game, much less an RPG in years. I think my last one was Fallout 2. So this was big on my list things to look forward to for 2015 (Yes, I have no life). I wanted an immersive dialogue heavy role playing game and instead it seems we got a shooter/minecraft hybrid.

Probably will just buy Fallout 3, since I was thinking of skipping over it and having my introduction being FO 4.

If that's what you're after you'd be better off looking at pillars of eternity or divinity: original sin.
Fallout 4 so far is a lot of fun though. But it leans much more towards action shooter with incidental skill tree than dialogue.

They aren't simplifying it. They're giving you more options for variety in character builds and a wider selection of applicable abilities (I.E. level up the pistol skills for range, chance to disarm, etc).

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/09/25/fallout-4-no-skills/

It's not like the skill system didn't have it's problems. Seems like this will also make intellect a bit less of an overpowered stat since it gave you so many skill points.

They aren't simplifying it. They're giving you more options for variety in character builds and a wider selection of applicable abilities (I.E. level up the pistol skills for range, chance to disarm, etc).

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/09/25/fallout-4-no-skills/

It's not like the skill system didn't have it's problems. Seems like this will also make intellect a bit less of an overpowered stat since it gave you so many skill points.

I do wonder if Intellect is still going to be the one to max out from the start. I always lowered Charisma to 1 since skill points negated it if you leveled speech/barter.

A high Endurance could be huge since it now gives you the ability to sprint. That will shave a lot of time off wandering the wasteland and get you out of uneven fights.

Reading alot of the reviews right now shitting on the RPG/dialogue aspect of the game. Son I am disappoint.

I haven't purchased a game, much less an RPG in years. So this was big on my list things to look forward to for 2015 (Yes, I have no life). I wanted an immersive dialogue heavy role playing game and instead it seems we got a shooter/minecraft hybrid. I blame COD.

Probably will just buy Fallout 3, since I was thinking of skipping over it and having my introduction to first person Fallout being FO 4.

Also to beat a dead horse, people were bitching that I was bitching about the new shelter building feature, stating that it's completely optional so why am I bitching. I complained that it will take away from the experience of the game in a way or another, and it seems like I was justified in my complaints. Mostly because looting was a fun part of the game for me, and reviewers were saying that now you just loot anything and everything that's not nailed down because it can be used for building.

I don't really know how to explain it, but it just of kills the fun of looting or finding random shit when you know everything is just an item for crafting a shelter. So what about the players like me that don't want to build a house, that ruins a looting aspect of the game for me, because now why would I want to pick anything up.

Thats couldn't be farther from what it actually is. Now you just have a reason to pick up the cups and other garbage you find instead of leaving it like you did in the past. They haven't changed the loot system at all. You still find all the stuff you did in the past and the same way. You now are also going to want to keep an eye out for the other stuff if you want to build. If you dont want to build up your base area then the loot system is exactly the same as it was before.

That's not exactly what happening. They just handle it differently now. There are going to be something like 270 different perks still. You now level them up and the branch out like that if I understand correctly.

Yes, that is true. But with no level cap and even faster leveling than in Fallout 3 you will be the master of everything eventually and that's not ideal for any kind of rpg.

Also, the possibility to raise one of you SPECIAL stats every time you level up doesn't make any sense. "I just kill these radscorpions here to level up and then I can be more charismatic!" It just makes this game an endless grind.

Of course you can limit yourself by keeping some skills/stats lower but that always feels artificial. I really would like the game to give me some limitations based on my choices.

Thats couldn't be farther from what it actually is. Now you just have a reason to pick up the cups and other garbage you find instead of leaving it like you did in the past. They haven't changed the loot system at all. You still find all the stuff you did in the past and the same way. You now are also going to want to keep an eye out for the other stuff if you want to build. If you dont want to build up your base area then the loot system is exactly the same as it was before.

Is most loot useful now? That would be pretty cool.

Then again, maybe not. Wouldn't you become overencumbered super fast?

Yes, that is true. But with no level cap and even faster leveling than in Fallout 3 you will be the master of everything eventually and that's not ideal for any kind of rpg.

Also, the possibility to raise one of you SPECIAL stats every time you level up doesn't make any sense. "I just kill these radscorpions here to level up and then I can be more charismatic!" It just makes this game an endless grind.

Of course you can limit yourself by keeping some skills/stats lower but that always feels artificial. I really would like the game to give me some limitations based on my choices.

Bethesda games have always been like that, though. Your toon is pretty much a master of everything by games end, whether its FO3 or an Elder Scrolls game.

The stats criticism is kinda silly to be honest. It doesnt make any more sense to kill radscorpions and then become better at bartering.

Is most loot useful now? That would be pretty cool.

Then again, maybe not. Wouldn't you become overencumbered super fast?

Trash can be broken down into stuff for crafting weapons/armor and stronghold stuff.
And so can duplicates of useful stuff, which is nice.

Equipment outside of powerarmor doesn't degrade anymore either, so you never really need more than one of any piece of equipment.

Power armor is iconic in it's own right but yeah it's a little repetitive. Don't care though because Fallout 4 mofuggas!

Bethesda games have always been like that, though. Your toon is pretty much a master of everything by games end, whether its FO3 or an Elder Scrolls game.

The stats criticism is kinda silly to be honest. It doesnt make any more sense to kill radscorpions and then become better at bartering.

Yes, all Bethesda games may have always been like that, not Fallout games. Fallout, F2 & New Vegas did it differently. Even Fallout 3 had a level cap (which was too low unfortunately).

I admit, the radscorpion criticism was sort of goofy. But still I'm talking about base stats, not skill points. I see it like this: Skills are skills and you can raise them how you want when you level up but your base stats (SPECIAL) should define your character and it should limit your abilities.

PS. I know you could raise your SPECIAL in other games too but you could only do it by drugs, in-game choices & perks (every 3rd level up).

Someone needs to lock this thread and y'all need to use the stickied one at the top of the sub-forum.

I ordered the Pip Boy Edition.

I'm wondering if it is really worth it, I might be cheeky and just get another standard copy stick the Pip Boy version on ebay and flip it for a profit. <_<

I haven't decided yet, but I will be tracking the demand when the time comes.

Bethesda never made a good fallout game. 1 is a good fallout game. 2 is a great one. 3 is a TES game with a light dusting of fallout by people with no understanding of what made those games good.

95o0wg.gif

War.. War never changes.

I'm crying!

Yes, all Bethesda games may have always been like that, not Fallout games. Fallout, F2 & New Vegas did it differently. Even Fallout 3 had a level cap (which was too low unfortunately).

I admit, the radscorpion criticism was sort of goofy. But still I'm talking about base stats, not skill points. I see it like this: Skills are skills and you can raise them how you want when you level up but your base stats (SPECIAL) should define your character and it should limit your abilities.

PS. I know you could raise your SPECIAL in other games too but you could only do it by drugs, in-game choices & perks (every 3rd level up).

Yeah I don't like that in Bethesda games how you become an unstoppable force basically, and the only real choice in character build you make is which skills you want to master first.

They really did get it right in New Vegas, with perks coming every other level. Still, I would like to see leveling up take longer in general. I was playing some New Vegas last night with a new character and hit level 8 in like 3-4 hours

They can be good games without being good sequels to the original fallouts.
The writing, world and gameplay feel much more like TES than they do fallout. That's not edge, that's science.

Back