FALLOUT 4 Official Thread v.2: Gameplay & Features Discussion - No Graphics Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game already allows you to carry an unrealistic amount of shit, removing that limit just makes it all the worse. Why not just give yourself unlimited health and ammo? Why even play the game?

Its like that image someone posted earlier showing all the items. What the fuck is the point of playing a game if you're going to just throw the entire purpose of it out the window?

Being able to carry shit vs investing in other abilities is part of the game. I have no problems with carrying shit back to base.

its not like im using a mod to have infinite money, health, dmg, etc. Im just tired of dragging junk back to my coastal cottage lol

Being able to carry all shit back home breaks the economy of the game. You can build everything and buy everything with no consequences. You have all the caps you need.

I have that too, and it's free. It's hard to decide which looks more boss. It's true that looking good makes you at least 50% better.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-382-0211-011,_Flugzeug_Messerschmitt_Me_110.jpg

Sayonara_Sally.jpg

And get like +100 weight and have to make more trips to my base and more trips to every zone for scavenging. Encumbrance doesn't add difficulty, merely inconvenience and considering this game is single player, I have no problem changing the experience to add to my enjoyment.

Yes it adds difficulty because with infinite carry weight you destroy the game economics as stated above.

PC master race being PC master race.

Yes it adds difficulty because with infinite carry weight you destroy the game economics as stated above.

I would just go back to the same place over and over until I cleared it out, which would have the same economic impact. This doesn't add difficulty, only time spent.

Just decided to finally give the game a go, bought it a few moments ago and it's downloading as I am speaking.

Any tips to start the game well?

At which difficulty setting should I start for the game to be as fun as possible and still challenging?

Another protip - if you boost your base Special to 10 you still enjoy additional bonuses from equipment and drugs and bobble heads (possibly, got to figure this out, the other two definitely). So don't be scared of pumping your stats up, at least to 9 (bobble head time).

i got a beam gatling...walked into a bandit held vault an killed everyone.....everything.

i think its time to fit my suit with flight mode.

My character looks like the Somalian pirate Muse from captain phillips

Just decided to finally give the game a go, bought it a few moments ago and it's downloading as I am speaking.

Any tips to start the game well?

At which difficulty setting should I start for the game to be as fun as possible and still challenging?

i didnt really change it. i just dove right in an didnt really care to much. BTW there is a cryogun that you can use your dog to get.

He's either trolling or stupid. Like another person said he considered fallout 4 to be linear. He had other terrible complaints too. So now he holds onto his "game breaking bug" that I'm sure never even happened, to use as his major complaint. Oh and he also called fallout 4, a game that took SEVEN YEARS to be develop a cash grab. He had no idea what he's talking about and is now equating people who call him out to Ronda fans. Wtf is that even supposed to mean?

Lol fallout is a simple game, it's not hard. Dark Souls is hard, just because I said the game is a solid 6.5 is no need to get mad. I got spoiled by the Witcher 3, it's hard to play sub par RPGs now.

I would just go back to the same place over and over until I cleared it out, which would have the same economic impact. This doesn't add difficulty, only time spent.

No you wouldn't, which is part of the game balance. You obviously have little patience so you wouldn't trudge around vacuuming all the shit up.

Games in the past had zero or stiff inventory limits (50 items, 100 lbs or whatever - with no modifiers to that). Fallout lets you escape that while comprising the other parts of gameplay.

Just mod yourself infinite caps and materials because you've already done that indirectly.

Lol fallout is a simple game, it's not hard. Dark Souls is hard, just because I said the game is a solid 6.5 is no need to get mad. I got spoiled by the Witcher 3, it's hard to play sub par RPGs now.

I'm not mad, I'm just saying you're stupid based on calling Fallout 4 linear and a cash crab. It's pretty straightforward, no emotion involved.

If you think Fallout 4 is linear you are stupid. (I don't think this is too controversial)
BjPenn 2012 thinks fallout 4 is linear.
Therefore BjPenn 2012 is stupid.

I agree with this. I think I'd have more fun without having to worry about it. I think it's good to have as a feature in the game, because it wouldn't make sense to be able to carry everything. But at the same time it's more fun for myself at least to not have to worry about it and spend more time playing the game.

mine is usually in a space suit or in the proper 1930s Gangster look. Aka prime and clean as fuck, manly..

My new character is a short Nubian goddess who'll excel in the ways of hand to hand combat and stealth killing. She's got green eyes and a short red fro.

And, perhaps off topic, but what the hell is with the "rule" (lol) about no graphics talk? It's EASILY the weakest point of this game.

Hey let's discuss this game but we can't point out major flaws cause that's lame lol.

The last thread spiraled down the drain and became a graphics bitching fest. There was no way to discuss the actual game because of it. No need for the same thing to happen again. I do think there is room on the forum for a thread dedicated to the graphics discussion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back