FALLOUT 4 Official Thread v.5: Travis Miles Edition

Let me guess. You play on console without mods or patches. Join the Master race, you'll stop crying. I haven't had a bug in months: the only time I get crashes is because of conflict between the 15+ mods I use.

These crashes are solved by a simple re-arrangement of the mods load order.

this was actually one of the rare times i got a game for the console, as a way of justifying buying a shitty ps4 and never using it. that said, i'm a weirdo who prefers to use a dualshock for shooters, so i figured it wouldn't be too bad. obviously, i was wrong.

also, this thread (like the other fallout 4 threads) was severely necrobumped.

started to work on the starlight drive-in and two deathclaws showup and start fighting under the overpass so I decide to watch and one killed me with a car.

Is this the latest thread? I thought there was one for Far Harbor but couldn't find it.

Anyway, this is currently on sale in Steam but the reviews are all negative because of the Creation Club update. People saying it broke their game. What's the deal?

I'm reading these reviews and they're ALL negative. Some of them are hilarious, like this guy...

Jesus died for your sins, Bethesda. You repay him with paid mods in a fully singleplayer RPG that already has free mods.
0/10, would never kill 6 million people again

Hahahahaha!!!!

So glad I finally picked this game up a few weeks ago.
Alright guy; real talk; it's been four months, and you're still playing this game, interspersed with some short-term snowboard game playing. Maybe it's time you keep moving stuff out of your apartment that's been closed since January and just finally got water and electricity restored to it last week?

I'm reading these reviews and they're ALL negative. Some of them are hilarious, like this guy...

Jesus died for your sins, Bethesda. You repay him with paid mods in a fully singleplayer RPG that already has free mods.
0/10, would never kill 6 million people again
What the shit?

Playing on PS4 (cause I haven't had my PC for a while) and all mods are free.

Also, gotta say, major props for porting the mods to console, makes a huge difference in playability/replayability!

What the shit?

Playing on PS4 (cause I haven't had my PC for a while) and all mods are free.

Also, gotta say, major props for porting the mods to console, makes a huge difference in playability/replayability!
What mods are you using on PS4?

I already own it on console but was considering buying it for PC and doing a full playthrough there instead. I figured loading screens would be better and maybe graphics but those reviews put the brakes on that plan. I may as well just stick with PS4.

I already own it on console but was considering buying it for PC and doing a full playthrough there instead. I figured loading screens would be better and maybe graphics but those reviews put the brakes on that plan. I may as well just stick with PS4.
the "paid mods" is the stupid ass Creation Club it's on the PS4 too it's new content "mods" made by Bethesda/Modders. I don't see the use for it especially on the PC or XBox One when you can get decent sized mods to work that are free. I could see it working for the PS4 if it got around the size limit that Sony put on them. The mods they allowed on the ps4 is just basic mods that have to be under a certain size and can't alter the script. The Creation Club mods are just non game breaking mods that adds a few new things and allows you to keep your achievements on. I have FO4 for the PS4 and bought FO4 for the PC too and anybody who plays it modded on the PC could care less about the achievements. If you want to get FO4 to play it with mods get it on the PC the mods they ported over to the ps4 are meh.

A website for the PC mods
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/

So I've been diving back into FO4, and I'm making a big settlement now in The Slog. I made my settlement budget unlimited because making a perimeter wall just about maxed me out.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out these Power Conduit things they must have added from one of the DLCs. I made myself a little power room and am trying to build conduit pipes on the ground, but the ground isn't perfectly level so it's just being a huge pain. I looked at a few guides but they weren't too helpful, does anyone have any advice on how to properly utilize conduits?

So I've been diving back into FO4, and I'm making a big settlement now in The Slog. I made my settlement budget unlimited because making a perimeter wall just about maxed me out.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out these Power Conduit things they must have added from one of the DLCs. I made myself a little power room and am trying to build conduit pipes on the ground, but the ground isn't perfectly level so it's just being a huge pain. I looked at a few guides but they weren't too helpful, does anyone have any advice on how to properly utilize conduits?

They say building floors fixes the level

But they were lying

String them up on the outside of the buildings if need be, especially if looks aren't a huge the thing for you. All you need is to have the lights near them, whether the conduit is inside or outside the wall. Also think about how you are going to connect them all without have a wall blocking the connections too.

If you need to run the stuff outside.. then those conduit towers are key. I powered all of spectacle island with those things in one giant perimeter with generators on each side of the island. Then from those you can run power to each building. You can make a huge power grid.

i bought this on sale awhile back on steam and loaded it up with some mods. I played like 8 hours and really haven't had the urge to go back. i just.... dont wanna take care of the home bases. just no thanks. i wish they copied new vegas more and not the settlement thing, it sucks having the feeling of having to go back.

String them up on the outside of the buildings if need be, especially if looks aren't a huge the thing for you. All you need is to have the lights near them, whether the conduit is inside or outside the wall. Also think about how you are going to connect them all without have a wall blocking the connections too.

If you need to run the stuff outside.. then those conduit towers are key. I powered all of spectacle island with those things in one giant perimeter with generators on each side of the island. Then from those you can run power to each building. You can make a huge power grid.
I have toyed around with conduits more and I put a line on the entire perimeter of my wall with little power radiators every few walls to power the lights on the walls. It's starting to look pretty cool, my next step is to build on top of the Slog main building so I can make a large power armor hanger. I hate leaving them lined up in Sanctuary, but at least I take out the fusion cores so stupid settlers don't steal them. Happened to me the first time I played, I came back to a settlement attack in Sanctuary and every settler swiped a suit of power armor and I couldn't get it back. At least no settlers were in any danger, and it was a deathclaw attack too which was cool.

But I have been dealing with another bug, in that I can't get more than seven settlers in Sanctuary even though I have a powered radio recruitment tower broadcasting. It's weird.

I am going to test out Sim Settlements soon in a big place like the Starlight or Spectacle to let them build a world. I'm level 77 and I just powered through the glowing sea, I am modded to the gills and it's pretty fantastic. I've been wrestling with this P-113 Plasma Weapon mod that introduced these new glowing and exploding deathclaws that are level 130 and hurt like crazy, but the weapons they give are tremendous. Basically this one weapon I picked up, simply called "NO NO NO!", is the BFG9000. Yeah. Can you say super mutant killing spree?

They say building floors fixes the level
But they were lying
I have not enjoyed how foundations snap together horizontally but not vertically. I had to use the stairs trick to fool it into allowing me to use multiple levels for them. Makes crafting a sky fortress rather difficult and frustrating.

I do hate when FO4 gets a tiny meaningless update and screws up my F4SE, I have some time tonight to play and can't because of compatibility with the old version.

Also, y'all should add me on steam. I'm jeicex on that too, obviously.

I have toyed around with conduits more and I put a line on the entire perimeter of my wall with little power radiators every few walls to power the lights on the walls. It's starting to look pretty cool, my next step is to build on top of the Slog main building so I can make a large power armor hanger. I hate leaving them lined up in Sanctuary, but at least I take out the fusion cores so stupid settlers don't steal them. Happened to me the first time I played, I came back to a settlement attack in Sanctuary and every settler swiped a suit of power armor and I couldn't get it back. At least no settlers were in any danger, and it was a deathclaw attack too which was cool.

But I have been dealing with another bug, in that I can't get more than seven settlers in Sanctuary even though I have a powered radio recruitment tower broadcasting. It's weird.

I am going to test out Sim Settlements soon in a big place like the Starlight or Spectacle to let them build a world. I'm level 77 and I just powered through the glowing sea, I am modded to the gills and it's pretty fantastic. I've been wrestling with this P-113 Plasma Weapon mod that introduced these new glowing and exploding deathclaws that are level 130 and hurt like crazy, but the weapons they give are tremendous. Basically this one weapon I picked up, simply called "NO NO NO!", is the BFG9000. Yeah. Can you say super mutant killing spree?

I have not enjoyed how foundations snap together horizontally but not vertically. I had to use the stairs trick to fool it into allowing me to use multiple levels for them. Makes crafting a sky fortress rather difficult and frustrating.

I do hate when FO4 gets a tiny meaningless update and screws up my F4SE, I have some time tonight to play and can't because of compatibility with the old version.

Also, y'all should add me on steam. I'm jeicex on that too, obviously.
there's mods that allow you to call new settlers to you settlements and if that fails just send new ones there from other settlements. As for the foundation there is stackable mods out there atleast for wooden foundations.

The aim was to force veteran players to locate safe places to rest. There are tons of beds in the Wasteland. I remember mapping them after dying a lot in the first hours of survival. I started a new game out of survival and made a mental note of every sleepable beds between Sanctuary and Diamond City. Then I went back to survival and nailed it.

There are now many mods to help you enjoy survival. There's the obvious survival camping mod but there's also one that creates an autosave every 5 minutes, to avoid long monotonous restarts. I only play survival nowadays, Fallout 4 is definitely too easy for my experience. I never played a game more than 1000 hours but I'm closing in on 1500 for Fallout 4...

My most recent character is based on this build:

Very challenging: high output melee damage but no endurance and no armor. Snipers can end me in one clean shot if I'm not careful.

Wow, 1500 is a shitload! I gotta check my hours but i doubt it's even close to 1000 (only got the game May of this year).

Let me guess. You play on console without mods or patches. Join the Master race, you'll stop crying. I haven't had a bug in months: the only time I get crashes is because of conflict between the 15+ mods I use.

These crashes are solved by a simple re-arrangement of the mods load order.
I've been playing on PS4 and am getting sick of the mods crashing the game and effing the frame rate; gonna get the PC version soon.

Do you find there's any general logic to follow with load order of mods to avoid issues? Thanks in advance

this was actually one of the rare times i got a game for the console, as a way of justifying buying a shitty ps4 and never using it. that said, i'm a weirdo who prefers to use a dualshock for shooters, so i figured it wouldn't be too bad. obviously, i was wrong.

also, this thread (like the other fallout 4 threads) was severely necrobumped.
I got this game a half year ago and am likely responsible.

Off the top of my head, a couple to help frame rate (zero-density grass or some shit, no "God rays" from sun), then unlimited follower ammo, face changes for piper and curie, unlimited carry capacity, unlimited building in settlements, settlement area expansion (new to this, much easier to make settlements work well), mod to add a toolbox with 60,000 of each crafting material at each workshop, tried the different seasonal mods but thwy stressed the PS4, just added the unlimited rocket boost mod (which really expands where you can go and helps expedite building of settlements as you can fly vertically even in building mode).

I've been playing on PS4 and am getting sick of the mods crashing the game and effing the frame rate; gonna get the PC version soon.

Do you find there's any general logic to follow with load order of mods to avoid issues? Thanks in advance
I've been away from the game for awhile but I remember most mods have "rules" in their description. Mod order is often variable but conflicted mods will have rules like "must be first (or last) on your load order".

If a problem appears, you can always move the mod up or down in your order or simply remove it to resolve the problem.

Is this the latest thread? I thought there was one for Far Harbor but couldn't find it.

Anyway, this is currently on sale in Steam but the reviews are all negative because of the Creation Club update. People saying it broke their game. What's the deal?

Creation club paid mods often involve major changes to the in-game interface/AI that can cause crashing on non-modded playthroughs

They kick it up a notch from many free mods that only affect basic stuff like character skins or audio files

Back