Official Fallout 76 Discussion

I don't know, I'm very skeptical. The last thing I want while exploring the wastelands is for you to pop out from behind the tree line and put a gauss cannon in the back of my head. Or like you say, spend a lot of time and resources to build a base only to have a 50 megaton blast dropped on top of it by some other players who think its hilarious. I want to believe bro, I want to so bad, but my experience with gaming says nope.

Timestamped here, I would imagine this is what you will deal with a lot.

If they allow a true solo experience in the same way eso did maybe that wouldn't be an issue. But if they mean solo as in you have to play with others and the whole game is pvp then I might not be on board.

Did anyone notice the player "pgarvey" in the trailer? also lold at Todd Howard making the comment about bugs in their games.

Last edited:
I don't really get how this is going to work. So you can build settlements anywhere you want. But you're online with other people. But if you die you just respawn and keep leveling. I have so many questions I dont even know where to begin. I'm tempted to buy it for the single player experience alone but like some have said it will probably be pretty bare bone fetch quests. I think since RDR2 is coming out only a few weeks before this I will wait and see how it works out

There are going to be squads of players roaming the wastelands, 3, 4, 5, maybe more and when they see your solo ass do you think they are they going to leave you be?

Fallout fans like you and I are hoping its going to be like this.

2Rr2BM.gif

But when those groups of players see you solo its really going to be like this.

tumblr_mq16l19U8n1rq9nqbo1_1280.gif

If you have about 30 minutes, give this whole presentation a watch. Good stuff. For sure taking a day or so off work when this releases and playing with some friends.

When i heard a new Fallout was announced I was excited.

Now that I hear it's just another lame online survival game (like we need another one), I don't care.

hearing ppls game review on a beta build is kind of pointless. The game isn't even out and they are bitching about something that isn't the finished game.
True but the game is coming out this week. It's not like they're going to make any big changes.

I love Bethesdas Fallout games but I'll be passing on this at least until they get the game in a good place. Which could be never. I don't like anything I'm hearing about the Beta.

I played the beta and I did enjoy it more than I was expecting as I said earlier in the thread.. it does feel a bit lifeless though. I like the loot/improvement loop, so I had fun in that regard.

I'm not sure they made the right choice by having all the quests and interaction handled by robots and computer screens. If they made Fallout 4 MP it would have been a lot better and more palatable to more people, imo.

Last edited:
True but the game is coming out this week. It's not like they're going to make any big changes.

I love Bethesdas Fallout games but I'll be passing on this at least until they get the game in a good place. Which could be never. I don't like anything I'm hearing about the Beta.
the beta could've just been an early copy of the game that was stable enough to give players somewhat of an ideal of the gameplay is going to be like. There is going to be mods and most the pc mods will fix the buggy shit just having it be multi player might limit what modders are able to make.

LOL this game has all the makings of a total dumpster fire. I'm gonna stay clear of this mess.

I don't know why they changed the game. Fallout traditionally is a solo game.

I don't know why they changed the game. Fallout traditionally is a solo game.
it's easier to get micro transactions this way I can't until I'm flying over the west virginia wasteland on my very own mothman.

it's easier to get micro transactions this way I can't until I'm flying over the west virginia wasteland on my very own mothman.
I am going to be upset if the game sucks. It's one of the few games I buy when it is new and not on sale months later

$60+ for a glorified mod.

FUCK OUTTA HERE.

I am going to be upset if the game sucks. It's one of the few games I buy when it is new and not on sale months later
I'll be upset too but I have fairly low expectations for it so if it allows me to play it like I played FO4 most the time it'll be ok.

I'll be upset too but I have fairly low expectations for it so if it allows me to play it like I played FO4 most the time it'll be ok.
I like fallout but I wish they had a more "adult" version. You can't shoot children but you can eat people. I believe they got rid of the whole slavery collar thing but you can catch fiends in fall out 4. There is also no real incentive to be a drug addicted maniac in the game as well. I find myself being a good person in the first playthrough and getting bored when I try to replay as a bad person....

I like fallout but I wish they had a more "adult" version. You can't shoot children but you can eat people. I believe they got rid of the whole slavery collar thing but you can catch fiends in fall out 4. There is also no real incentive to be a drug addicted maniac in the game as well. I find myself being a good person in the first playthrough and getting bored when I try to replay as a bad person....
so you want to be a drug addicted maniac child killing cannibal that gos around enslaving other ppl?

Back