Locked Fallout Official Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn I wanted to quote some posters on the last post. Anyway I robbed that **** Trashcan Carla now
she won't trade with me. I'm just going to murk her

Deathclaw went down way easier than the first time. Didn't even get hit. I played this like a noob when I first started. I'm picking up everything and dumping it at Sanctuary, avoiding story missions until I've got a fucking stockpile of materials and weapons.

Some early notes:

Ghouls are my least favorite enemy. They usually come in mobs and are fast as hell.

I've only encountered 2 glitches in 30 hours so I guess I can't bitch.

Resource/ammo drop perks are a must.

I went on a drunken trek for the Shishkebab this morning.

Punk ass raiders running from me, I started whistling like Omar.

"C'mon now, don't make me huff and puff"

So, I didn't even start my first game and I already modded the game :p

I wasn't really pleased with the proposed difficulty setting so I downloaded a custom difficulty setting called "realworlddamages".

It increase both enemy and player damages so that enemies aren't bullet sponge but the game is still harder than on normal difficulty. Also power armor and armor in general don't absorb 100% of the damages either, they have a damage mitigation effect only.
The damage multiplier is also dynamic, making biologic enemies such as mutants more vulnerable to bullets than say robots. The damages also vary depending on the hit location.

I think it's a great way to start the game and if it doesn't please me I'll set it back to default anyway

If I'm not mistaken that mod was part of both Wanderers Edition and Project Nevada. I really enjoyed it. I'm playing on survival and it's very annoying having to unload clips and clips and clips on certain enemies before they drop.

Might try it if this stuff escalates even more.

Saw the Alpha Deathclaw

Ran the other way real quick

Picked up a flamer from the Saugus Ironworks and have pimped it up with some upgrades, now its at Napalm level.

If I'm not mistaken that mod was part of both Wanderers Edition and Project Nevada. I really enjoyed it. I'm playing on survival and it's very annoying having to unload clips and clips and clips on certain enemies before they drop.

Might try it if this stuff escalates even more.

I don't know my last fallout game was fallout 3 on PS3 long ago, which didn't have mods since it was on console.

I am progressing in the game, thus far the mod is FANTASTIC, obviously I'm still very early in the game so I'll see how it hold up in the long run but I really like what I am experiencing.

I had to modify my computer's brightness accordingly because the game was too bright and didn't have an option. I modified some little stuff and I plan to keep my strenght at 1 to avoid too unrealistic weight carry.

That being said, the mod makes the enemies very dangerous but you are as deadly to them as they are to you so if you're a good shot it's pretty nice. It sort of make stealthiness really rewarding and makes you avoid enemies as much as possible but the fact that they're not bullet sponges gives you a chance in case you're detected. Forces you to be careful.

I also refuse to uses the SVAV, it's a cool tool but I really want to rely on my own :p

I had to increase the field of view manually as well. After an hour and a half of modding/modifying settings, the game feels really nice.

sent piper packing by accident and picked up macready. is he alright?

I find it funny that people complain about getting power armor so early. Here is a hint: don't fucking wear it. After the initial fight in Concord I have used power armor ONE time, and that was at the National Guard Armory. The fight with the Glowing One PLUS a Legendary Ghoul was tough for me in my regular flannels and leather armor, I kept getting rekt. Left the building and threw on the PA, made the fight a cakewalk. But thank Jesus I put that shit on, because once you leave the other building there is a Sentry bot and my god, Sentries have become a hell of an enemy.

I'm now at 2 suits of PA, chilling on their racks at the gas station and in Sanctuary. I'll only pull em out with there is dire need.

Level 15 with about 12 hours played. I'm not super happy with the character I started with and some of the choices I have made regarding perks, but I'm gonna carry on a bit more before seriously playing on my melee character. That guy is level 1 and is just scrapping everything in Sanctuary.

I've only used power armor once, not counting when you initially get it. And that was just to use it in a high radiation zone to protect my character.

Also want to point out that in an earlier fallout thread I called that power armor would be available early based on them mentioning you were in the army and them showing it off a lot early. Just want to gloat a little.

Saw the Alpha Deathclaw

Ran the other way real quick

I saw one too, doing a mission for Cait. I swear that woman is trying to kill me. Between the alpha deathclaw i saw and ran away from, the high radition, the impossibly powerful robots that I can't even kill in power armor, needless to say I failed to carry out the mission she sent me on.

I've been walking around in either just a chest piece and panties, or the flannel outfit. Flannel makes me feel like I'm playing a better version of The Last of Us. The just chest piece and panties I like to wear to give Cait something to look at.

My only real complaint about Power Armor is that they are EVERYWHERE. I wish they were a little more scarce honestly. I think I'm up to 6 of them already and I have only explored about 1/3rd of the map. I dont use them but I cant wander around without running into a new one sitting somewhere.

Loving the game. Have only gotten a few hours in, just reached Diamond City mainly to have the fast travel option before going back to explore. Man its so easy to get sidetracked looting and exploring.

Same with me. Only time I get in them is to transport them to a holder thing and im 52 hours in now :eek:

yeah same.

i'm level 20 and i only get into them when i find them

i got 2 t45 and 2 t51 lying around in my settlement

Level 25 haven't even seen valentine yet. Doing all the Bos and minutemen quests.

"Spray n pray" is OP. But I can't keep spending so many caps on .45 bullets.

I find it funny that people complain about getting power armor so early. Here is a hint: don't fucking wear it. After the initial fight in Concord I have used power armor ONE time, and that was at the National Guard Armory. The fight with the Glowing One PLUS a Legendary Ghoul was tough for me in my regular flannels and leather armor, I kept getting rekt. Left the building and threw on the PA, made the fight a cakewalk. But thank Jesus I put that shit on, because once you leave the other building there is a Sentry bot and my god, Sentries have become a hell of an enemy.

I'm now at 2 suits of PA, chilling on their racks at the gas station and in Sanctuary. I'll only pull em out with there is dire need.

Level 15 with about 12 hours played. I'm not super happy with the character I started with and some of the choices I have made regarding perks, but I'm gonna carry on a bit more before seriously playing on my melee character. That guy is level 1 and is just scrapping everything in Sanctuary.

I have four different ones (only one fully complete though) and 10 fusion cores but still don't use them. Waiting until I run into a place I can't get through otherwise

Picked it up last night, off friday so im going to finally jump into a fallout game. This will be my first one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back