Locked Fallout Official Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I miss from the old fallouts is killing a shopkeeper and being able to take everything he had for sale.

These meaningless faction quests drive my OCD crazy.

Is there any way to get Maxson's coat? That thing is bad ass. I'm considering killing him just for it.

From what I heard what you're considering is the only way.

One thing I miss from the old fallouts is killing a shopkeeper and being able to take everything he had for sale.

And be able to get away with it too!

There are no rewards for being evil....

Macready's Kill Shot perk is so OP. 95% no matter what.

Macready's Kill Shot perk is so OP. 95% no matter what.

That it is. I thought the perk said it was going to double your chances of successful head shots. Then when you play, its always 95%. I honestly wish I never got it.

That it is. I thought the perk said it was going to double your chances of successful head shots. Then when you play, its always 95%. I honestly wish I never got it.
That's always been my biggest problem with bethesda games: The difficulty curve doesn't exist.

The games always get to a point where unless you enforce elaborate rules on yourself the game loses any challenge.
Poor balance choices like stealth mechanics and in this case the Macready perk break the game too easy.

When I game I like being able to exploit whatever the devs give me and still have fun instead of having to tiptoe around worrying about breaking it.

And aren't the perks supposed to go away when you don't travel with said companion? I still have 95% no matter who I travel with.

And aren't the perks supposed to go away when you don't travel with said companion? I still have 95% no matter who I travel with.

That is as intended. Once they worship you you get the perk forever

I agree, actually, now killing a room full of raiders isn't nearly as satisfying.

Granted I built a stealth killer who would take headshots anyway (x4.5 currently with silenced guns) but the only way I miss now is if some random object gets in the way in VATS.

Hell most of the time the room is dead while I'm still hidden.

Sorry if talked about already but which companions do you prefer?

I traveled a long time with Piper but got bored with her two goody shoes attitude. Switched to Cait who is entertaining but I'm not sure if we share the same values lol.

I also have McCready, Strong & Dogmeat guarding my home base. I'm on level 40 with 90 hours in. Phew.

I traveled a long time with Piper but got bored with her two goody shoes attitude. Switched to Cait who is entertaining but I'm not sure if we share the same values lol.

I also have McCready, Strong & Dogmeat guarding my home base. I'm on level 40 with 90 hours in. Phew.

Deacon is probably my overall favorite followed by Hancok and Valentine. Macready is cool too.

I agree, actually, now killing a room full of raiders isn't nearly as satisfying.

Granted I built a stealth killer who would take headshots anyway (x4.5 currently with silenced guns) but the only way I miss now is if some random object gets in the way in VATS.

Hell most of the time the room is dead while I'm still hidden.

I went stealth killer to and am up to 5.3x bonus on stealth shots. I used a silenced double-shot 50 cal sniper rifle and few things can handle more than two shots to the dome. I'm working on upgrading a Gauss Rifle that will likely be my most powerful weapon by far. I'm debating going all the way down the agility tree.

So far the only enemy in several hours to give me trouble was like a level 48 Mr. Gutsy.

I liked Piper well enough on my first run, but I went with Curie in my current game, and she's probably my favorite. Freakin' adorable. I like Deacon and Cait a lot, too.

another settlement needs our help.... is taking off as a meme

CX7DiIBWEAAHIqJ.jpg

Deacon was the man in my first play through. Now on later playthroughs where I care less about companions stories I just equip strong or danse with a strong melee and forget about them.

another settlement needs our help.... is taking off as a meme

CX7DiIBWEAAHIqJ.jpg

lol. God those are so terrible. I went to one last night and the guy is like "Yeah right around the corner would be a great spot for a settlement!" and the destination is on the other side of the damn map.

I liked Piper well enough on my first run, but I went with Curie in my current game, and she's probably my favorite. Freakin' adorable. I like Deacon and Cait a lot, too.

Curie is now my Grognack Barbarian

is there anyway to call out the guy cheating on his wife in the vault? the vault where you get curie. I know you find out about the cheating from a few different folks but couldn't ever reveal it to her.

haven't been on in a week or so, still dicking around doing random missions. got piper and cait as love interest, working on curie now.

lol. God those are so terrible. I went to one last night and the guy is like "Yeah right around the corner would be a great spot for a settlement!" and the destination is on the other side of the damn map.

I had a quest where some people had trouble with zombies. Turns out the zombies were across the fucking map. At that point I just ignored the mission and failed it. I just ignore all those missions. I just go to the settlement I want without wating for the mission. I like having a beach retreat so I go there and set up a settlement. I only have one character where I actually liberated and rebuilt the waisteland. Which I actually really enjoyed, but I don't gotta do that shit again.

The Reddit thread reminding us of all the fallout 4 teasers in falliut3 was fascinating.
I had totally forgotten about the railroad, institute, and synths in fallout 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back