Locked Fallout Official Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deacon was the man in my first play through. Now on later playthroughs where I care less about companions stories I just equip strong or danse with a strong melee and forget about them.

Later playthroughs huh? How many if I may ask?

I have almost 100 hours in and I haven't even gone to the Glowing sea yet. Then again, I always want to know everything that's going on in Fallout games. You had to have multiple playthroughs in Fallout 1 - New Vegas but F4 seems to take the "Skyrim route" where you can just pretty much do everything before choosing sides & completing the game.

PS. Looking forward to meeting Curie. Maybe she'll be my 3rd lover. :D

I will give FO 4 credit in how they made each faction pretty much f'd up enough to make the alignment decision difficult.

Minutemen - Too small time. Not involved in the pressing issue of the commonwealth.
Railroad - Too liberal and their cause is pretty stupid.
Institute - Refuse to take responsibility for anything. Plus their leader is a huge disappointment.
BoS - Too controlling. I do what I want.

I'm going to go with the Minutemen, create settlements across the commonwealth and take control. I'll destroy every Synth I see, eliminate the Institute, and drive the BoS away from the commonwealth. I'll rule the Commonwealth from Goodneighbor with an iron, but just, fist.

Why do we keep bumping v3 when we're over 1k and there's a v4?

Later playthroughs huh? How many if I may ask?

I have almost 100 hours in and I haven't even gone to the Glowing sea yet. Then again, I always want to know everything that's going on in Fallout games. You had to have multiple playthroughs in Fallout 1 - New Vegas but F4 seems to take the "Skyrim route" where you can just pretty much do everything before choosing sides & completing the game.

PS. Looking forward to meeting Curie. Maybe she'll be my 3rd lover. :D

I put some pretty hefty hours into it, almost 200 so far. First playthrough was not on survival, moved at my own pace, did what I would personally do in any given situation, explored but not extensively.
Had another playthrough exploring differen't choices and options on survival, nothing really of note,
Current playthrough is melee survival trying to explore the map 100%

Why do we keep bumping v3 when we're over 1k and there's a v4?
I'm guessing it's because of the new forum software. It's unclear if that's even necessary anymore, so it's probably best to just wait and see, or at least wait for a mod to make the call.

One thing that's a serious annoyance. Why does this game have worse pathfinding and AI behavior than a game from the same developer than came out 4 years ago?

I'm guessing it's because of the new forum software. It's unclear if that's even necessary anymore, so it's probably best to just wait and see, or at least wait for a mod to make the call.
It is, they even closed one thread before anyone had linked a new version

One thing that's a serious annoyance. Why does this game have worse pathfinding and AI behavior than a game from the same developer than came out 4 years ago?
I donno about it being worse, but there is a odd lack of Improvement.
Bethesda has never had strong AI but you would hope that by now the scenario where you shoot someone a few times from stealth and they respond "I must be hearing things" would be fixed.

I donno about it being worse, but there is a odd lack of Improvement.
Bethesda has never had strong AI but you would hope that by now the scenario where you shoot someone a few times from stealth and they respond "I must be hearing things" would be fixed.

Its definitely worse. Companions were tolerable in Skyrim. Here they just spazz out all the time.

Its definitely worse. Companions were tolerable in Skyrim. Here they just spazz out all the time.
Yeah, I've seen the videos of it on Reddit but they are pretty tame for me. That might be because I generally just equip them some decent gear and a melee weapon.

Yeah, I've seen the videos of it on Reddit but they are pretty tame for me. That might be because I generally just equip them some decent gear and a melee weapon.

Dogmeat is the absolute worst. I can't stand taking him around. Even when I'm standing still he's running around like an idiot. I close a door he opens it. A dog going around opening doors.

I've learned to just laugh at the AI doing stupid/annoying shit all the time. Having the perfect shot lined up with your sniper rifle and just as you press the button to shoot your scope gets filled with the face of your companion walking in front of you, etc.

My favorite was last night. In a small room with a group of 4 enemies around me where it goes from dialogue to shootout and just as they all turn red I enter VATS and see Macready in the background pulling out a fucking Fatman and he proceeds to nuke us all to death. The game would then reload to the start of the dialogue sequence and, invariably, Macready would nuke us. After a few tries I had to load an earlier save to take his god damn nuke cannon away from him before getting to that scene.

Talking about companion fails, using a minigun or gatling laser can transform your companion into a bullet meatbag. Even worse when using VATS: gatling guns are awesome with VATS because there is no "warming up". Problem is, you chose the target in VATS but as soon as the animation starts, the companion canget in the way and eat most of the bullets/laser. Very frustrating but very funny at the same time.

Something fun I noticed: the gatling laser animation continues if you run out of fusion core ammo during a VATS shot. In fact, you recharge the gun during the animation, discarding the old fusion core and pushing a new one into the slot to continue the kill. Very fun little fact! The gatling laser might be my favorite gun to use with VATS, especially with the overcharge barrel: no need for gatling speed when most of your targets die way before the animation even stops!

With Nuclear Physicist maxed, the fusion core really last a long while before running out and, like I said, the reload animation is awesome during VATS!

Finally beat the game but I'm conflicted. Tried to go back and get the other endings but I can't seem to... so I'm going to restart and take a different route. I took the easiest route which was to side with the Institute. Then I did The Nuclear Option with the Minutemen. It was pretty difficult. I was level 43 when I beat it.

Gonna start over and take a more meticulous approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back