Movies FANTASTIC FOUR (Julia Garner to Play Silver Surfer, post #685)

I hope so.
That quote of mine was from 2020. I'm not so optimistic about any Marvel Studios project anymore in the sense that I don't have blind faith in Feige will deliver home runs every time. It's a case to case basis for me.

Buuut, I still have a feeling that this F4 will be good since it's an origin story and the percentage of it being good is higher for an MCU film.

That quote of mine was from 2020. I'm not so optimistic about any Marvel Studios project anymore in the sense that I don't have blind faith in Feige will deliver home runs every time. It's a case to case basis for me.

Buuut, I still have a feeling that this F4 will be good since it's an origin story and the percentage of it being good is higher for an MCU film.
Zero chance this is good.

Remember when the MCU casted relative unknowns? Yeah I miss that.

Pedro =/= Reed

Here’s why it won’t work.

Everyone is a super genius in the MCU.

Stark
Banner
Shuri
Iron Heart girl
Pym
Langs kid
Lang to a certain extent
Strange

At what point does being a super genius with super genius dialogue become redundant?

There is no differentiation now.

“When everyone is special, no one is”

Watch them skip Doom and go with Mole Man instead. Doom just gets a post credits scene.

Oh, there's no way they are going to shoot their load with Doom in the first FF movie. As you said, he'll get a PCS at most. Just like Thanos did in Avengers.

Marvel are desperate; they know only Doom can be the next Thanos-level Big Bad, so they are trying to prick-tease as much as possible. Look at the Easter Eggs in the Deadpool trailer; the guy who is dressed vaguely like Doom, the Secret Wars comic. Hell, it goes back to at least Moon Knight, with the shot of the castle and the road that was taken straight out of one of the comics set in Latveria.

But even the idiots at Marvel must know that if they fuck up Doom, the MCU will never recover. So they have to take their time and do it right. The fact they are apparently talking to Mads Mikkeleson and Cillian Murphy about the role gives me some hope they are aware of just how important Doom will be.

Anyone expecting to see Doom in all his glory in FF, never mind Deadpool and Wolverine, is going to be very disappointed.

Here’s why it won’t work.

Everyone is a super genius in the MCU.

Stark
Banner
Shuri
Iron Heart girl
Pym
Langs kid
Lang to a certain extent
Strange

At what point does being a super genius with super genius dialogue become redundant?

There is no differentiation now.

“When everyone is special, no one is”

No one gives a shit about Shuri, Iron Heart Girl or Cassie Lang. While Strange is a genius, it's not his defining characteristic; he's all about the Magic. I can't see Michael Douglas being too eager to reprise his role as Hank Pym, and Tony's dead. That only leaves Banner and, let's face it, no one wants to see Professor Cuck Hulk. We want World War Hulk from Ragnarok. :cool:

No one gives a shit about Shuri, Iron Heart Girl or Cassie Lang. While Strange is a genius, it's not his defining characteristic; he's all about the Magic. I can't see Michael Douglas being too eager to reprise his role as Hank Pym, and Tony's dead. That only leaves Banner and, let's face it, no one wants to see Professor Cuck Hulk. We want World War Hulk from Ragnarok. :cool:
I want the final marvel film to be world war Hulk. Done properly, with all the crossovers.

Or maybe Punisher kills the marvel universe.

I want the final marvel film to be world war Hulk. Done properly, with all the crossovers.

Or maybe Punisher kills the marvel universe.

Fuck. Yes. Show Hulk as a terrifying force of nature that it takes every Hero(and some Villains)on earth to stop.

Hercules was teased in Love and Thunder, but I want Ares too. So World Breaker Hulk can kerb-stomp both of them. :cool:

- Hulk has been alwfull. When watching the Bixby and Ferrigno series. Even with the limitations of special effects, the character was so good. I liked Bana Hulk far more.

Meh. I prefered John Krasinski as Mr. F
Also Michael Chiklis is the Thing, with or without prosthetics or CGI.

- I like the first movie. Looked like a super hero movie from the 90's. And actually looked diferent. Every Disney Marvel movie looks the same.

- I like the first movie. Looked like a super hero movie from the 90's. And actually looked diferent. Every Disney Marvel movie looks the same.
I think the first FF movie was pretty good. The third one is baaaad. Second one is somewhere in the middle.

I thought it was mediocre at best. But I feel that Chiklis and Evans killed it and made it more palatable than it otherwise would have been.

Back