Far Cry 5

So, do I get this game or actually finally put some time into Ghost Recon Wildlands?

So, do I get this game or actually finally put some time into Ghost Recon Wildlands?

Wildlands fucking sucks. It's incredibly repetitive, your teammates, and the ai in general are garbage, you essentially have to tag enemies (this style of tagging used to be a hack in older games, now a feature), and it's not tactical at all. There is zero penalty for running and gunning because of how inept most of the enemy ai, save unidad, work.

Is there anyway to avoid getting captured? I saw the alert I was being hunted but figured I was good driving a truck with my companion on the 50 Cal, then suddenly it faded to black and I was captured, like wtf talk about railroading

Is there anyway to avoid getting captured? I saw the alert I was being hunted but figured I was good driving a truck with my companion on the 50 Cal, then suddenly it faded to black and I was captured, like wtf talk about railroading
Nope it’s unavoidable

I will say, the capture shit looked incredibly stupid, on the level of "Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?!" Your guy just happens to get captured by one of a set number of bosses, and just happen to escape each time? Ummmmm.

I will say, the capture shit looked incredibly stupid, on the level of "Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?!" Your guy just happens to get captured by one of a set number of bosses, and just happen to escape each time? Ummmmm.
Theres more still? this was only the second time and I was still like "why wouldn't they just kill me this time?"

Theres more still? this was only the second time and I was still like "why wouldn't they just kill me this time?"

From what I read, it happens 4 times. Hope I didn't spoil anything. That just sounds incredibly lame. It's like reusing the same shot 4 times in the same movie. If a blockbuster movie did this, you would be like "Uhh, the fuck?"

Tried to get into Wildlands over the weekend, but its just a bad game imo, sure has some good things like the customization which is great but the gameplay is garbage

Wildlands fucking sucks. It's incredibly repetitive, your teammates, and the ai in general are garbage, you essentially have to tag enemies (this style of tagging used to be a hack in older games, now a feature), and it's not tactical at all. There is zero penalty for running and gunning because of how inept most of the enemy ai, save unidad, work.
lol, agreed. Wildlands is a complete failure of a game in pretty much every way imaginable. I still can't believe how much they pissed on the Ghost Recon franchise with that garbage.

Games I have been excited for in the last few years

Wildlands
Far Cry 5
Kingdom Come Deliverance
Rising Storm Vietnam
Fallout 4
Battlefield 1
Mafia 3

Games that I finished/played more than 25 hours of

Kingdom Come Deliverance
Fallout 4
Battlefield 1

3/7 games were actually any good. I'm holding out for State of Decay 2 wishing and praying it'll be any good.
I really wanted to enjoy Far Cry 5 but I just couldn't which is a shame because Far Cry 3 is one of my favorite games.

Games I have been excited for in the last few years

Wildlands
Far Cry 5
Kingdom Come Deliverance
Rising Storm Vietnam
Fallout 4
Battlefield 1
Mafia 3

Games that I finished/played more than 25 hours of

Kingdom Come Deliverance
Fallout 4
Battlefield 1

3/7 games were actually any good. I'm holding out for State of Decay 2 wishing and praying it'll be any good.
I really wanted to enjoy Far Cry 5 but I just couldn't which is a shame because Far Cry 3 is one of my favorite games.
bf1 is the worst. Hope sod2 is worthy.

bf1 is the worst. Hope sod2 is worthy.
I enjoyed Battlefield 1 because I enjoy WW1 planes, I was rarely on the ground and usually up in the sky bombing and strafing players to open up flags for my friends/team

Just beat it. I cleared the map before doing so. I've never enjoyed playing a game so much while simultaneously absolutely hating major parts of the story.

That ending was fucking dog shit. Getting captured numerous times was incredibly stupid.

Ending
So I read the link on the earlier page with Ubisofts explanation(what I figured happened anyway). So they make prophet character/disciples that are absolutely horrible people, slaughtering and committing countless atrocities and you make their prophecy come true? Or they just happened be right (down to the millisecond) about a incoming nuclear winter? Plus the dude is basically a god, has the power to control minds and can't be seriously hurt(bullets or crash). Stupid. Also shooting your friends/allies to save them from the bliss mind control... here take some M60 to the chest and face, it will save you.

{<doc}

What was the point of the game... The murderous torturing lunatic is actually a prophet or just happens to be right(again down to the second)? You were wrong, anti Christ like or it was all pointless from the start as nuclear war was imminent as some kind of stupid political message with the story being an afterthought?

I'm a little jaded with the game atm because of the ending but there was a lot of fun stuff in it. Great game, shit story.

Why and how?

Horizons story is astronomically better.

Story is better? Sure. I'm even hesitant to give it that label as both games have *completely* forgettable stories / characters.

That said? The gameplay loop in FC5 is astronomically better than Horizons. Horizons is fine, but it's combat is a joke, and it's world whilst open is extremely linear and without anything of importance to do. Not to mention it has no experimental factor that's worth a damn, whereas you can find thousands of Far Cry 5 videos of people doing insanely cool things with weapons, vehicles and the game engine.

Story is better? Sure. I'm even hesitant to give it that label as both games have *completely* forgettable stories / characters.

That said? The gameplay loop in FC5 is astronomically better than Horizons. Horizons is fine, but it's combat is a joke, and it's world whilst open is extremely linear and without anything of importance to do. Not to mention it has no experimental factor that's worth a damn, whereas you can find thousands of Far Cry 5 videos of people doing insanely cool things with weapons, vehicles and the game engine.

I don't see how you find the hzd story forgettable.

The only good thing about FC5 is that it is a far cry game. Far cry games play great. 4 was a much better story and 4 wasn't a good story either. FC5 story was pure dog shit. There was no reason for the character to stay and he had basically no vested interest in the area at all. In the end it was all absolutely ridiculous and pointless anyway...

What is wrong with the combat? The bows are excellent.

Anything of importance? Compared to what exactly in FC5? Finding cheeseburger bobble heads? I find the games very similar as far as side missions, collectibles, outposts, etc.

Can find thousands of videos of other people doing things? I guess I would have to see examples of "insanely cool" stuff but I can't say I've ever given a shit about what other people do in games.

Back