Far Cry 5

Just finished the game last night. Really enjoyed it on its own merits; beautiful lay of the land. This was the first FC I've played so I understand there being a history I can't tap into at time of writing this; FC3 being what I hear of most. I'll spoiler below some missed opportunities or things I maybe failed to take advantage of in-game. All in all, I walk away with far more positive things to say than negative.

1. Sniping – would have been more rewarding to have had a steeper learning curve here; considerations could have been accounting for windage or a more punishing gauging of distance; cinematic replays of longer-distance headshots or then skilled hits would have been cool – I would purposely take guys' legs out while perched if I saw them running toward their ATVs, for example, which can be a hard shot to make depending on the environment
  2. Weaponry – seemed pretty thin; different names and looks but all handled virtually the same despite stats indicating otherwise; a good example of this is when you finally earn Jacob's rifle – meh; pretty much a red, unsuppressed version of the SA-50 and MBP .50 calibre options
  3. Resources – too forgiving, IMO; mid-game and on saw me north of 60K USD and I had no Fs to give well before I finished, buying cars and choppers without an afterthought; silver bars never even figured into my experience; crafting components were too well in abundance as well; would have been nice to have more to endure and figure – such are the journeys worth endeavouring
  4. Gunfight – wish there was at least one old-fashioned gunfight – one on one in a heavily-wooded area; while afoot in the Whitetail Mtns of Jacob's region, I imagined he was going to be just that...but alas, another puff-of-smoke battle with enemy-hallucinations vaporising and pretty much havoc
  5. John Seed – Killing John in that aerial dogfight was impossible for me; I died without embellishment some 15 times and ended up ejecting, parachuting somewhere to spawn a chopper and while pointlessly chasing him like an ant at lower altitudes, I suddenly hear over the radio that his plane is experiencing mechanical failure, lol, score

Looks like the Mars DLC will be coming out, probably in about a week, they just released the achievement list on Xbox.

And of course they would have you climbing "towers" again in this one.
Yea Ive only played a few minutes of it but its not as good as the Vietnam DLC
I loved that at first but it got old after awhile and I never finished it, dont expect I'll be interested enough to finish this either
Hope I'm wrong though

Yea Ive only played a few minutes of it but its not as good as the Vietnam DLC
I loved that at first but it got old after awhile and I never finished it, dont expect I'll be interested enough to finish this either
Hope I'm wrong though
I finished the Vietnam one, I really liked that dlc. This one isnt' as good imo.

Finished the Mars DLC last night. It was okay but it certainly was more challenging than the Vietnam DLC.

I was just wandering through Faiths region doing missions(was about 70% complete) when I somehow ended up in the final battle of her stage
It just magically kicked me there somehow
Is that what happened with you guys or did you have to purposely go to her end stage?
If you filled up your rebellion bar or whatever it's called, it automatically forces you into a fight. If it was only at 70% though then that sounds like a glitch

Saving the mars dlc for a rainy day. I loved far cry 5 but this looks like ass and I'd rather play enter the gungeon or toad treasure tracker

I didn't even get halfway through Far Cry 5. I hated the game, Far Cry 3 will always be superior.

Finally about to finish

Edit: and that was dumb, the story sucked, don't think I ever gave less of a shit about cut scenes in a game before

Last edited:
Lol I just really started this game only now despite starting this all the way back.

I am confused by the weapon wheel. I initially got a sniper from taking a chopper to the statue part of the main bad guy. When I upgraded it, it turned int the neon prestige sniper. I don't know if there are two separate sniper rifles that I had, seemed like it. I could not access the regular colored sniper rifle anymore. How do I get it back?

Getting this for Black Friday. First Far Cry I will play cause Blood Dragon doesn't really count.

Getting this for Black Friday. First Far Cry I will play cause Blood Dragon doesn't really count.
Son

What

I'm so surprised you never played this. Cheevos aren't that tough and it's a fun game

Getting it with all the DLC?

That zombie DLC was fucking atrocious. The first two were decent though.

If I cant find this super cheap Friday I'll definitely be picking it up. Been waiting for a good price drop to play it.

Back