Far Cry is going post apocalyptic In the next instalment

Doesn't it give you pause to think:
#1: White male protagonist killing mutants and mercenaries
#2: White male protagonist killing mostly Africans and some white mercenaries
#3: White male protagonist killing mostly non-white Islanders and some white mercenaries
#4: Asian male protagonist killing mostly Asians and some white mercenaries
??: Female characters shown threatening a White male.

So for some reason, that last line stands out to you as having some ulterior motive?
Far Cry 2 had multiple character choices.

If they could meld a game that is 80/20 Fc3-FC2, that would be the game of the century. I loved the fire propagation, weapon jamming, injuries (overhaul and improve that system) and some of the other smaller survival-esque stuff from 2.

The number of dicks I'd suck for an updated FC2 without it funneling you into endless respawning checkpoints. It's still by far my favourite FC game, mind

#3: White male protagonist killing mostly non-white Islanders and some white mercenaries

So for some reason, that last line stands out to you as having some ulterior motive?

I’m just pointing out that it’s blatant pandering. Like Battlefield V with the disabled woman being a WWII combat hero as the protagonist.

As for your list, I wouldn’t actually know. I’ve actually only ever played Far Cry 1 on my PC back in 2004. I have 2, 3 and 4 in my PS3 backlog but haven’t actually gotten around to playing any of them yet.

<Fedor23>

I saw one video explaining how FC3 was a satire/criticism of the great white savior trope and it was in many ways an SJW game about dat toxic masculinity, backed up by quotes from the developers. I'm not sure how many people picked up on this (I wasn't paying that much attention to the plot when I played it), but it does seem the FC developers have been salty liberal types for a while. Not that it negatively effects their games IMO

Not trying to be an asshole with your point here, just thought it was something interesting to throw out there.

Here's the video, but it's an entire series retrospective and is the best part of 3 hours long. Great watch though

Last edited:
I saw one video explaining how FC3 was a satire/criticism of the great white savior trope and it was in many ways an SJW game about dat toxic masculinity, backed up by quotes from the developers. I'm not sure how many people picked up on this (I wasn't paying that much attention to the plot when I played it), but it does seem the FC developers have been salty liberal types for a while. Not that it negatively effects their games IMO

Not trying to be an asshole with your point here, just thought it was something interesting to throw out there.

Here's the video, but it's an entire series retrospective and is the best part of 3 hours long. Great watch though

Man, I'm already 40 mins, I'm really enjoying this, he's about to talk about Far Cry 3. This guy should voice a detective in noir style game.

I loved the first Far Cry until the corridor aspect. I had my bias against Far Cry 2 before it ever launched, as Crytek wasn't doing it, so I always saw it as a cash grab/knock off. When I finally played it, I was surprised how good it was, even though it was intentionally depressing AF. Those fires were incredible

Far Cry 3 is still by far my fav of the series. I'm looking at my time on Steam, and I logged 75 hours into it. I'm a total ADHD case, but i stuck with that game until I cleared nearly aspect of it. Those sharks were terrifying too, only Subnautica could usurp that.

btw, Vaas is one the best villains in any game. It all felt meaningless once he was gone.

Far Cry 3 is still by far my fav of the series. I'm looking at my time on Steam, and I logged 75 hours into it. I'm a total ADHD case, but i stuck with that game until I cleared nearly aspect of it. Those sharks were terrifying too, only Subnautica could usurp that.

One reason FC3 isn't my favourite of the series is because I'm ADHD so I had to clear every icon off the map. Every worthless lootbox. There were 10,000 of them or some shit. That was worse than the FC2 checkpoints. It ruined Witcher 3 for me too because there's another game crammed full of absolute junk but I had to clean the map up and get rid of it all.

One reason FC3 isn't my favourite of the series is because I'm ADHD so I had to clear every icon off the map. Every worthless lootbox. There were 10,000 of them or some shit. That was worse than the FC2 checkpoints. It ruined Witcher 3 for me too because there's another game crammed full of absolute junk but I had to clean the map up and get rid of it all.
It's funny how we took both games differently. I rarely 100% complete any game, because as you said it's usually just junk to add extra time in the game. I didn't here either, but because I never got bored of the game loop, while there was still story to be played, I nearly did. My ADHD usually just gets me bored of a game, which is why I tend to play a few a time, rarely finishing their stories.

I put almost 200 hours into Witcher 3, but I bet a third of that is me reloading saves to try and get different outcomes in quests.

What are you playing these days?

So the name of the game and its box art have allegedly leaked. Apparently it’s going to be called Far Cry: New Dawn but I don’t know about this cover art.

far-cry-new-dawn.jpg

Well, looks like we’ve got a couple women of colour teaching some white man a lesson. If that’s not the most blatant SJW pandering I’ve ever seen by a game developer then I don’t know what could top it.

WHY CANT WE ALWAYS BE A GENERIC WHITE MALE LIKE WE’VE BEEN FOR THE PAST 40 YEARS? WHY CANT THINGS ALWAYS REVOLVE AROUND OUR VIEWPOINT(WHITE MALES) AND NO ONE ELSE’S? WHY DO THESE DEVS HAVE TO TRY OUT NEW IDEAS/CONCEPTS AND TRY TO REACH NEW AUDIENCES? DAMN SJWS!!!!!!<{clintugh}><{clintugh}><{clintugh}><{clintugh}><{clintugh}>

It's funny how we took both games differently. I rarely 100% complete any game, because as you said it's usually just junk to add extra time in the game. I didn't here either, but because I never got bored of the game loop, while there was still story to be played, I nearly did. My ADHD usually just gets me bored of a game, which is why I tend to play a few a time, rarely finishing their stories.

I put almost 200 hours into Witcher 3, but I bet a third of that is me reloading saves to try and get different outcomes in quests.

What are you playing these days?

The funny thing is there are games like 7 Days to Die, where you spend loads of time watching a pickaxe swinging at a rock or an axe swinging at a tree, and I'm perfectly happy to sit through that for 300+ hours but I rushed through Witcher 3 as fast as I could because I hated having to loot everything on the map. I still liked a lot about W3, and I loved a lot about FC3, but that kind of busy work where it's not really contributing to anything or giving you any useful resources just pisses me off because it's a waste of my time. Whereas in 7 Days to Die - I spend 2 hours chopping down trees I've got a shit ton of wood to build spikes to defend my base. It has dat purpose.

Nowadays I play all kinds of shit because my ADHD says I have to complete every game I've bought on Steam over the years, so I'm working on dat backlog

I’m just pointing out that it’s blatant pandering. Like Battlefield V with the disabled woman being a WWII combat hero as the protagonist.

As for your list, I wouldn’t actually know. I’ve actually only ever played Far Cry 1 on my PC back in 2004. I have 2, 3 and 4 in my PS3 backlog but haven’t actually gotten around to playing any of them yet.

<Fedor23>

Did you even play BFV?

WHY CANT WE ALWAYS BE A GENERIC WHITE MALE LIKE WE’VE BEEN FOR THE PAST 40 YEARS? WHY CANT THINGS ALWAYS REVOLVE AROUND OUR VIEWPOINT(WHITE MALES) AND NO ONE ELSE’S? WHY DO THESE DEVS HAVE TO TRY OUT NEW IDEAS/CONCEPTS AND TRY TO REACH NEW AUDIENCES? DAMN SJWS!!!!!!<{clintugh}><{clintugh}><{clintugh}><{clintugh}><{clintugh}>

I know, right? Stupid women and minorities.

The funny thing is there are games like 7 Days to Die, where you spend loads of time watching a pickaxe swinging at a rock or an axe swinging at a tree, and I'm perfectly happy to sit through that for 300+ hours but I rushed through Witcher 3 as fast as I could because I hated having to loot everything on the map. I still liked a lot about W3, and I loved a lot about FC3, but that kind of busy work where it's not really contributing to anything or giving you any useful resources just pisses me off because it's a waste of my time. Whereas in 7 Days to Die - I spend 2 hours chopping down trees I've got a shit ton of wood to build spikes to defend my base. It has dat purpose.

Nowadays I play all kinds of shit because my ADHD says I have to complete every game I've bought on Steam over the years, so I'm working on dat backlog

I still love 7 days to die so much.

isnt that more obsessive-compulsive? My conception of someone with ADHD is they’d go for like three fortresses then just run toward the final one as soon as they had that part of the map unlocked.

isnt that more obsessive-compulsive? My conception of someone with ADHD is they’d go for like three fortresses then just run toward the final one as soon as they had that part of the map unlocked.

You're right bro. Maybe it's some fucked up combination of them both. I have the impatience and attention span of someone with ADHD, but I still get caught up in compulsive behaviour

giphy.gif

Far Cry 2 had different character choices. Far Cry 4 had an Asian lead. Far Cry 5 let you make your own character.

Frankly I think most of the games in the series have had dog shit cover art. Far Cry 3, 4, 5 and this have all been terrible. The last good ones were Blood Dragon and Primal.
I thought I was the only human on earth who liked Primal

Back