Far Cry is going post apocalyptic In the next instalment

Man, I'm already 40 mins, I'm really enjoying this, he's about to talk about Far Cry 3. This guy should voice a detective in noir style game.

I loved the first Far Cry until the corridor aspect. I had my bias against Far Cry 2 before it ever launched, as Crytek wasn't doing it, so I always saw it as a cash grab/knock off. When I finally played it, I was surprised how good it was, even though it was intentionally depressing AF. Those fires were incredible

Far Cry 3 is still by far my fav of the series. I'm looking at my time on Steam, and I logged 75 hours into it. I'm a total ADHD case, but i stuck with that game until I cleared nearly aspect of it. Those sharks were terrifying too, only Subnautica could usurp that.

btw, Vaas is one the best villains in any game. It all felt meaningless once he was gone.

Ubi's head of development - Hey, you know that crazy psycho you have a vendetta against? Fuck it, we'll have you kill him out of nowhere, real easy, in a cutscene no less!!! Then we'll give you Vaas' boss, won't give him any character development, and have you kill him then!!

Subordinate developers -
the_master_clapping_doctor_who.gif

I have no idea if the game is any good, I’m just commenting that its box art is a heck of a lot better than 3, 4, 5 and this new one.
Oh missed that part. I guess I'm still alone in liking it lol

So the name of the game and its box art have allegedly leaked. Apparently it’s going to be called Far Cry: New Dawn but I don’t know about this cover art.

Well, looks like we’ve got a couple women of colour teaching some white man a lesson. If that’s not the most blatant SJW pandering I’ve ever seen by a game developer then I don’t know what could top it.

One of them has a cock obviously

Miss far cry 3

That game had an actually fucking deep plot and a great villain.

Fc 2 was also good

Everything after fc 3 is shit

As a big fan of the Farcry series this is highly disappointing. A reskin of Hope county? R u kidding me?

I would have liked to see them make an African one again. Far Cry 3 was really cool at the time. Would be some pretty environments on current gen

One of the things I love about Far Cry threads is at this point theres been enough games that practically nobody agrees. "This one was better" "No this one", "Story sucked" "I liked that story". "Looks good" "looks like shit". And everyone says it with such authority.

The funny thing is there are games like 7 Days to Die, where you spend loads of time watching a pickaxe swinging at a rock or an axe swinging at a tree, and I'm perfectly happy to sit through that for 300+ hours but I rushed through Witcher 3 as fast as I could because I hated having to loot everything on the map. I still liked a lot about W3, and I loved a lot about FC3, but that kind of busy work where it's not really contributing to anything or giving you any useful resources just pisses me off because it's a waste of my time. Whereas in 7 Days to Die - I spend 2 hours chopping down trees I've got a shit ton of wood to build spikes to defend my base. It has dat purpose.

Nowadays I play all kinds of shit because my ADHD says I have to complete every game I've bought on Steam over the years, so I'm working on dat backlog

That's always been a really interesting concept for me as far as gaming goes. Just what drives someone to play the game on and on. When I was younger I'd play Diablo 2 for days just trying to find a single rune. And now with ARPGs once I get maxed and Im just grinding for loot, I lose interest. But in a game like Subnautica Im scouring the entire ocean looking for a goddamn piece of metal. Or I keep playing Xcom 2 just trying to do a "little bit better" than my last time. It'd be interesting to read about all the different psychological hooks used in gaming mechanics and who they work on and why.

Back