Far east - why we haven't fighters from there?

I gotta disagree when I see these powerhouse wrestlers maintaining top position & winning fights that way. I think the difference is night & day huge.

Especially regarding ground control you gotta agree there is no comparison.

Freestyle allowing stalling till the ref saves him ain't gonna serve him in MMA. It's not going to serve the top guy much either not being in those long scrambles & shifting their weight n stuff to learn how to stay on top when all you gotta focus on it holding the guy down for 10 seconds. you know.

There aren't a lot of points of comparison. It's folkstyle background guys vs folkstyle background guys OR it's folkstyle background guys vs guys with no amateur background at all. You don't see a lot of folkstylist vs freestylist match-ups. The best wrestler in MMA, Khabib, is not a folkstylist.

Folkstyle doesn't promote the fear of back exposure that is necessary in MMA either.

In China, Japan, Korea Thailand martial arts are very popular. Karate, aikido, judo teakwondo etc.

In my opinion Asia is a center of martial arts.

Why we have only few good fighters in the UFC? White and black guys are better in fighting or something like that? In west we have better fighting style like boxing, wrestling etc?
I've wondered before. I don't recall many dominant asian fighters that are comparable to gsp, silva, jon jones, fedor, etc. The crazy thing is there are way more east asians than any other race.

I think part of it lies in the genetics and asians being in the lighter weight classes. But that doesn't answer why there isn't dominant lighter weight class asians. So to go further on that note, I don't think of asians as inferior fighters, but maybe the sport just hasn't grown large enough over there. By that, not only do you need the popularity, but you need the training centers and elite level guys to train with.

If you look at the mma world, the majority of the best fighters are strong wrestlers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's a lot of wrestling going on in japan. They mostly have striking arts. Some of the better asians do have a judo background though and most of the successful one's are competent in judo and grappling. That tells me that's possibly where they lack. Moreover on that note, the best fighters are moving to us to train, and not training at home where it will help upcoming talent.

My prediction, asian mma makes great leaps 10 years from now. Particularly light weight and below. Other sherdoggers most likely have better answers than my opinion.

In China, Japan, Korea Thailand martial arts are very popular. Karate, aikido, judo teakwondo etc.

In my opinion Asia is a center of martial arts.

Why we have only few good fighters in the UFC? White and black guys are better in fighting or something like that? In west we have better fighting style like boxing, wrestling etc?

It's due to all of the following reasons:

1. Genetics:

- Fast twitch muscle fiber density
- Testosterone (total and bioavailable level)
- Bone density
- VO2 max (African > White > Asian)​

2. Culture:

- Less emphasis on sports and athletics for youths (less funding, high level training camps and coaching, lower level and less prevalence of PED usage, weight cutting, etc.)

- More emphasis on academics (more funding for extra schooling and tutoring)​

3. Martial Art Culture:

- Less emphasis on full contact / competitive combat sports (wrestling, kickboxing, boxing, submission grappling)

- More emphasis on traditional martial arts (point fighting competition, form competition)​

Some Southeast Asian countries, such as Thailand and the Phillipines, are a bit different from East Asian countries (China, Japan, Korea) in that they have a very strong emphasis on full contact martial art competition / fighting and PED usage. Thailand pharmacies are a haven for PEDs.

However, these countries still lack the foundation needed to be successful in MMA - training programs for wrestling and submission grappling.

They would be scolded if they pursue martial arts due to the fact that the kids parents want them to be doctor or engineer

Back