Fashion designer uses only Asian models at New York Fashion Week show

Progress is really taking its toll on people's minds...

<Prem974>
what is progress Soul Crusher? give me your definition and I'll give you mines.
Show the post or walk back your lie.
I didn't say it, you invented it.

I am talking about Asians in America and this designer did her show in America , in NYC. What I am pointing out is that there is an entrenched bias against dark skin / dark skinned South East Asians in East Asia . So this designer should have featured some, as she is taking a stand in support of diversity.

You are saying the British definition of Asian shouldn't matter but since East Indians are also classified as Asian in America, she could have featured some, but it is her neglect at featuring dark South East Asians, that I am most pointing out. In my posts I am not devoting my focus on her not featuring South Asians , my primary focus is the lack of dark South East Asians. East Timor is a sizeable part of Asia, but I never inserted them into the O.P. because odds are that modelling is essentially non-existent amongst Melanesians.

Iranians and Russians are classified as White. Siberians, if they are East Asiatic, would likely come under "Asian".

And while in East Asia as a whole South Asians are not even 1% of the pop, they do make up a significant minority in Singapore and Malaysia.
get over yourself microbrew. The "real" White Americans love you, that's all that matters.

Yeah I have seen plenty of comments on Alt-Right forums expressing strong displeasure at stories like the one about the half Black Miss Japan ; they speak as if they are Nationalist rightwing Japanese. These alt-Righties also are besides themselves with glee when they read about Asians verbally or physically attacking Blacks.

John Derbyshire is a well known and respect WNist who married a Chinese or Taiwanese woman. He has concocted this idiotic concept of Sun people and Ice people, where the later is composed of Europeans and North East Asians, and the former are Africans, South Asians , brown Hispanics and MidEasterners. He sees the world as a struggle/fight between the glorious and righteous Ice people against the hordes of Sun people. Derbyshire used to write for National Review.
who cares, alt-right are a small minority. They don't matter. The majority of White Americans love Black people. Your head is so far up your yin yang; that all you see is dark skinned people as under-privileged, and light skinned people as over-privileged. That is so far from the truth though. In reality all that matters is who White-Americans consider real Americans, and they consider Black Americans as real Americans like them.

True but no different to western fashion models as well, it’s an industry dominated by women and gay men.

If you asked me as a straight man to put on a show on male models it would probably look even worse.

The point of runway models is to showcase the clothing and not the model. If they could somehow make a clothes hanger that can walk and strut, they would, but for now they’re using the closest thing.

Swimsuit and lingerie models are where it’s at for attractive women in the modelling world.

East Asia is like the least diverse part of the developed world. Bangkok/Thailand is sort of diverse, I guess. Thais are more tolerant than other Asians, although even there they don't embrace "diversity" like we do. This designer has the right to hire whoever she wants, but calling it "diversity" is disingenuous bullshit.

East Asia is like the least diverse part of the developed world. Bangkok/Thailand is sort of diverse, I guess. Thais are more tolerant than other Asians, although even there they don't embrace "diversity" like we do. This designer has the right to hire whoever she wants, but calling it "diversity" is disingenuous bullshit.
America don't embrace diversity, they just think they do, and America calling it diversity is disingenuous bullshit.

These are black and white pics, euros are easier to tell apart because of the multitude of hair and eye colors. Africans and asians all have black hair and dark brown eyes and the same hair texture, curly or straight respectively. You can find whites with curly blonde hair, straight brown hair, straight blonde etc. Even if you go to scandinavia it's not unusual to see somebody with brown hair or a blonde blue eyed person in Sicily.
You're right that white people are a "people of color" in the sense that they have the most variety of hair colors and textures and eye colors of any unmixed racial group.

America don't embrace diversity, they just think they do, and America calling it diversity is disingenuous bullshit.
I don't disagree that much of it is disingenuous. I just meant that in East Asia, they don't care about diversity at all, even in a shallow virtue-signaling sense. They care about nationality and bloodlines. It's not necessarily a good or bad thing, it is what it is.

Asians are too successful and don't complain enough and are becoming increasingly viewed as privileged. Therefore they are slowly becoming targets of the left. @MicroBrew ought to feel silly allowing himself to get caught up in a controversy about light skin vs dark skinned asians. He should have seen how absurd it all is and kept moving. But this is what decades of unchecked racial propaganda does to a person and a society.
You're not entirely wrong. However, increasingly a lot of Asians, whether East Asians or South Asians, are growing up in these liberal areas and going to liberal colleges and becoming acculturated in that worldview and will raise their children that way. Asian Americans used to vote Republican, now they block-vote for Democrats like Jews, Hispanics and especially blacks. I think Obama got over 85% of the East Indian vote. You're describing more the values of the parents, or the immigrant generation, than their children, or the American-born generations.

I don't disagree that much of it is disingenuous. I just meant that in East Asia, they don't care about diversity at all, even in a shallow virtue-signaling sense. They care about nationality and bloodlines. It's not necessarily a good or bad thing, it is what it is.
at least you acknowledge it. America is a great Country, but it's full of shit.

The argument that people are having couldn't be missing the point by a larger amount. Who cares whether Indians are technically Asians? The designer specifically excluded members of racial groups in a desire for diversity. If that isn't Orwellian doublespeak then I don't know what is.

yehhh its a tad bizzare.

Show the post or walk back your lie.
I didn't say it, you invented it.

I am talking about Asians in America and this designer did her show in America , in NYC. What I am pointing out is that there is an entrenched bias against dark skin / dark skinned South East Asians in East Asia . So this designer should have featured some, as she is taking a stand in support of diversity.

You are saying the British definition of Asian shouldn't matter but since East Indians are also classified as Asian in America, she could have featured some, but it is her neglect at featuring dark South East Asians, that I am most pointing out. In my posts I am not devoting my focus on her not featuring South Asians , my primary focus is the lack of dark South East Asians. East Timor is a sizeable part of Asia, but I never inserted them into the O.P. because odds are that modelling is essentially non-existent amongst Melanesians.

Iranians and Russians are classified as White. Siberians, if they are East Asiatic, would likely come under "Asian".

And while in East Asia as a whole South Asians are not even 1% of the pop, they do make up a significant minority in Singapore and Malaysia.

So you never wrote this?

Microbrew wrote:

"People always have this notion that minorities are always innocent but a lot minorities are clannish and behave in a way that is exploitative of the mainstream. Resulting in resentment and discrimination. Then the minorities bitch about how they are not accepted as equal citizens of XYZ country. Minorities sometimes want to have the cake and eat it too, they want to behave clannishly but also want to be accepted by the mainstream. It's not just the Chinese, the Indians in parts of Africa were also resented because they kept themselves apart from the locals and only helped each other , in business. The Lebanese in West Africa are racist against the locals, they act very clannishly , dominate economies and conspire to keep the economic power amongst themselves. And not surprisingly the locals resent it. It would be perfectly reasonable for White, Native and Black Americans to resent and discriminate against Arabs, Indians, Chinese etc.. if these later immigrants acted very tribally and saw the mainstream as ripe for exploitation."

Your a racist. To me you are no different from an alt righter

East asian nations: 1% racial minorities
America: 35% racial minorities

35 is bigger than 1. The comparison is not valid. Its like when people say why do asians in america complain about representation when asian nations dont have white people in movies. Because by percentage theres about 10x more asians in america than whites in asia.

That's a great point I've never considered but rings true on hindsight. I've noticed right wingers jump on any discussion of discrimination against Asian-Americans with the ol' "but Asian nations have racist policies" card to discredit any attempt by Asian-Americans to combat discrimination here. And then the Uncle Chans will support those claims with anecdotes about how racist their uncle is or some shit.

Yes its one of there main talking points. The new right is a different beast than traditional conservatives. Its all mental gymnastics and echo chambers now.

And youre right about the uncle wongs. They give us all a bad name.

what makes you think that describes everyone in Asia? There have been plenty of demonstrations and protests in recent years both calling for and opposing immigration. And gay rights marches are a regular occurance in east Asia now. Obviously as homogenous nations with less exposure to foreigners the movement will not have the same effect as Western populations- but trends prove it's caught on, especially with younger demographic.

And again, you abuse references to "virtue signalling" and "sjw" as if protesting on behalf of marginalized people is something to criticize. You're more level headed than your right wing brethren so you should really examine why this triggers such an outsized reaction in you.

I just noticed this all asian thread in modelling I just tried to shop for womens corporate attire and almost all the models featured are Asians.

Wha???

you must have never been to Thailand. They are one of most friendliest and most accepting culture I know.

Back