Movies F9 (New Trailer Brings Fast & Furious Crew to Space)

If you have seen F9, how would you rate it?

• Total voters

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: February 1, 2020

F9 Trailer Reveals John Cena Playing Dom's Evil Brother and the Shocking Return of Han! [Updated with 2nd Trailer]

Update: June 7, 2019

John Cena Joins Vin Diesel and Jordana Brewster in FAST & FURIOUS 9

Okgg1bI.jpg

With Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Jason Statham being busy shooting Hobbs and Shaw, the two will be sitting out the next main installment of the Fast and Furious franchise, Fast and Furious 9. However, that movie will be getting some new star power to help fill that void, as after being teased in April, it’s been confirmed that John Cena has joined the Fast and Furious 9 cast.

Back in April, Vin Diesel, who’s been playing Dominic Toretto in the Fast and Furious universe universe since the beginning, posted a video of himself with John Cena, hinting that the two would be collaborating on this car and explosions-filled franchise. Now Universal Pictures has made it official that Cena will be part of Fast and Furious 9.

For now, though, Universal is keeping mum about who John Cena will play, with Deadline only hearing that his character is a “badass.” That’s not difficult to imagine in the slightest given John Cena’s reputation and some of his previous roles, but that’ll nonetheless make him a good fit for the next Fast and Furious movie.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2474595/john-cena-has-officially-joined-fast-and-furious-9

Update: October 26, 2017

Director Justin Lin and Jordan Brewster Returning FAST & FURIOUS 9 and 10

The Toretto siblings are back together again! Vin Diesel took to Instagram on Wednesday to share his reunion with his Fast and Furious sister, Jordana Brewster, and Fast 5 director Justin Lin. "On the road back to our roots... Family reunited!" he captioned the pic.

Diesel first revealed the reunion during a Facebook Live earlier in the day, teasing "top secret" details from the next Fast and Furious installment's "kick-ass set."

"Guess who the director is? You're not going to believe this... the one responsible for resurrecting this beautiful saga. Justin Lin!" he shouted.

"Justin Lin is so old school, he's so part of the DNA of the Fast mythology, that while we're on set today, the one person he wanted to be here immediately, just as he started to feel that sense of Dom, that sense of Toretto, that sense of the Fast and Furious universe and the responsibility of that... he wanted someone who is a part of the brotherhood, when you go past gender. He wanted someone very important to be here, and it's someone you all have been asking for," Diesel continued, before panning to Brewster.

"It feels like no time has passed at all!" she shared.

"This is so exciting.... There's nobody more Torretto than my sister, Jordana Brewster, who is Mia Torretto. And those of you who know the franchise know how much of a badass she is," Diesel shared. "And you're about to see that in the upcoming chapters of the Fast and Furious."

“You wanted 9 and 10 to be incredible. We’ve heard your concerns about the saga and where it needs to arrive in its final chapters,” Diesel said.

http://www.etonline.com/vin-diesel-reunites-fast-furious-sister-jordana-brewster-see-set-pic-89891

So.... In the storyline, Paul Walker's character supposedly retired to be with his family, but the sister now has time to crash cars through office buildings and leap out of airplanes? Weak.

I mean...... I guess I'll check it out. Hopefully it's not dreadfully boring like 4, or absolute dogshit like 6 and 8.

But I'm having a hard time imagining how they're going to "finally" wrap this thing up. I mean, we've basically had the series wrapped up to a degree in 5, then in 6, then in 7, then in 8. So..... how are they going to actually wrap it up with any sort of real finality in 10? At this point, unless Dom & Co physically die on screen, it's basically impossible.

Is it too much to ask to have Eva Mendes and Cole Hauser back?

Cool... I like the world & characters they created as well as the family vibe. I have enjoyed all the movies, though some better than otherz.

Nice to hear they're listening to fans & critiques & will try & take it in an appropriate direction.

So.... In the storyline, Paul Walker's character supposedly retired to be with his family, but the sister now has time to crash cars through office buildings and leap out of airplanes? Weak.
Maybe someone killed him and kidnapped the baby and she is out for revenge

Who knows. Either way, these movies are awful. Actually, I did love this series while Walker was still in them, but the last one was just a bad comedy.

Considering we've been beaten over the head with it in every conceivable way, I'm honestly a little sick of it.

Ride or die.

Family is everything.

Mi familia.

I lived my life a quarter mile of a time. And so did you..

.....that's all I've got.

Who knows. Either way, these movies are awful. Actually, I did love this series while Walker was still in them, but the last one was just a bad comedy.

I still love them and dont mind if they slightly retcon their last minute script changes they had to do to accommodate Walker's death

Considering we've been beaten over the head with it in every conceivable way, I'm honestly a little sick of it.
Good message though. They could have it in there without beating us over the head. They did say they were listening to their fans. Probably lurking in this thread as we speak.

All I want out of the next FF movie is to see Tyrese get body slammed by Dwayne Johnson.

I assume this is what it'll be (maybe minus the baby kidnapping since that was just done)

While I have nothing against Jordana Brewster I kind of liked the idea of Mia and Brian getting out of the life and living happily ever after. But I guess money must be made...

Please end this shit. I slept through and left the theaters early when I watched FF8. These movies are so bad.

I've been a fan of the F&F franchise for almost two decades now but I think I'm finally over it.

The street racing element is all but gone and it's just not the same without Paul Walker.

The first and third films will always be my favorite. Five is also good. And 2 Fast has found a way into my heart even though it's not very good.

The rest I could do without. They've gotten too far away from what I loved about the series in the first place.

Got nothing against it.. the director even made one of my favorite movies from this series. Overall my interested with the franchise took a dive with the newer releases, not hyped at all for the 9th and 10th ones.

Movies that I like from the series and could still re-watch and enjoy:
These two ones are the best
1. The Fast and the Furious - '01 (first one)
2. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift - '06 (3rd one, yea I know strange but I enjoyed the tone and felling of Japan street/drift racing.. Han was a bad ass and the main girl was cute even liked the goofy accent man kid lead)

3. Fast and Furious - '09 (4th one now they started to be way more then cars, racing and a bit of crime they escalated a lot this is the start of the end for my tastes)

Then the lesser ones:
4. so so with.. Fast Five -'11 (5th one and The Rock appeared, got to say I'm not of fan of him in this franchise at least we got to look at Gal)
5. weak but watchable.. Furious 7 - '15 (7th one, liked the visuals and appreciated Jason Statham but weak story and pushing the ridiculous at extreme levels by now)

Disliked:
2 Fast 2 Furious - '03 (second one)
Fast & Furious 6 - '13 (6th one.. Elena character was nice)
The Fate of the Furious - '17 (8th one the latest... well bye Elena)

Last edited:
I mean...... I guess I'll check it out. Hopefully it's not dreadfully boring like 4, or absolute dogshit like 6 and 8.

<Kpop775>

What have you done with Adamant ? we the people of sherdog know you are an imposter.. no way Adamant likes a movie and even make plans to see it and say something nice about it on this board even less likely a F&F franchise one.

I'm on to you.. <Kpop775>

First and Tokyo are my jams as well.. really had fun with them and very surprisingly with that Japan one with the teens and all that scene.

Tokyo Drift is definitely the most underrated in the franchise. The setting is cool, the racing is possibly the best of the series, and Lucas Black is a unique performer.

I've seen 1 & 3 WAYYY more than I've seen any other the others. 4 sucks and I haven't even bothered to rewatch any of them past the fifth one.

Back