Fastest MMA fighters?

BrookinsFan

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
See thread title; Who does Sherdog think are the fastest fighters in MMA? Before some jackass comes in and says "All FLW and BW", I mean fighters who specifically stand out from their competition in regards to speed.

Hand speed, foot speed, takedown speed, you name it, let's hear it! Bonus points for gifs.

Right away I'll get the obligatory Mighty Mouse out of the way.

mighty-mouse.gif

oRM9VCp.gif

DJ and probably Dodson.

Both dudes are lightning quick.

Cruz in terms of footwork and evading.
Vitor, even at this age, has some of the fastest hand in mma history. Barbozas kicks and gsps takedowns also

See thread title; Who does Sherdog think are the fastest fighters in MMA? Before some jackass comes in and says "All FLW and BW", I mean fighters who specifically stand out from their competition in regards to speed.

Hand speed, foot speed, takedown speed, you name it, let's hear it! Bonus points for gifs.

Right away I'll get the obligatory Mighty Mouse out of the way.

mighty-mouse.gif

oRM9VCp.gif
<mma4>

Pre injury Cruz foot speed and head movement speed, hands down.... Plus hes up there with takedown speed .

I think Cruz is the winner of this thread

Yoel and Tyrone when they explode.

otherwise anyone at the lower weight classes is fast as f#k

Guillard gets a lot of shit around here

But he's the first thing I think of when I hear fast and quick

Barboza left switch kick.

That kick is fucking nasty. Its Thailand clean with propper speed.

Also for a big guy: chuck liddell pre injury and lost chin. Talking about just his hands and core speed

Throwbacks: Lyoto in his prime, Mike Swick.

I used to wonder, when watching the Pride fights on Fox.net or whatever the fuck, I used to wonder why their fights all looked like the tape was sped up a little.

Did anybody else notice that? And did anybody who watched the fights live notice thst?
Maybe they were sped up to impress

The speed of the smaller weight classes is what makes them so exciting for me personally. HW hit harder but they look like sloths compared to a guy like DJ.

Jose Aldo in his prime was incredibly fast. Watching him, he was clearly several notches faster than his opponents.

Fedor. Was able to overwhelm even Crocop with his speed. Zulu'd Tim Sylvia. Etc.

Back